Fixing the /sur command

WenDo

Question

Hello there,

As I've experienced in the last few days, there is bug with the /sur command. When you do /sur and the cop tazes you then you don't get 70% off, and that's annoying, the cops see that you did sur and taze you just to make you have more jailtime.

So i request making the /sur command work when you are tazed too, once you've done it and you get tazed to get 70% off anyway and not the full jailtime.

21 answers to this question

@AntiRug said in Fixing the /sur command:

If a criminal attempts to escape, but then finally gets shot down, they still demand they get to /sur which is absurd. So naah -1. Any decent cop will let a crim /sur if they agreed to cooperate.

You need to be standing still and not moving for 3 seconds or so to do /sur. There's no way to abuse it while being on tazed or running. Besides that, I've seen a criminal being /sur before cops arrive and not moving and the cops tazed him just to give full jailtime..

What you're posting is not a bug, it's intended behavior for /sur not to work when you're being tasered.

Else people could pull the reverse card at the moment they find they have no chance of getting up and firing back.

If you believe you've found a bug, please report it at the appropriate location: https://github.com/saesrpg/saesrpg/issues

@WenDo said in Fixing the /sur command:

@Tut-Greco

Yeah I meant to be changed into if you are tazed to work as /sur too, because its anoyying when you do sur and then the cop maybe because doesn't like you just tazes you and arrests you...

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. ;)

It's ultimately the police being the judge to whether the criminal needs a lesser punishment. In reality this command should not exist - at least not on the criminal's end.

It would make more sense if it was a command that the officer executed, which then prompts the criminal to receive less punishment.

@WenDo said in Fixing the /sur command:

@AntiRug said in Fixing the /sur command:

Well I did say ''Any decent'' cop >_<.but they could still run until they got just enough time to stand still and do the /sur :/

But If you already did /sur it should work as sur and not because the cop wants you to be in jail for longer time..

This would suggest that people can gun down other players, and then pull the reverse card and receive 70% less time because they don't want to fight the cops. I don't think it's in our interests to add this as it would be exploited everywhere.

Imagine this scenario:

You killed or shot at 2 police wardens outside jail, and then as an FBI rancher from a squad arrives, you type /sur. It should be the squad members' decision whether it gets to be reduced to 10 or keep 42 stars for your crimes. You're welcome to surrender but it does not mean you'll be taken more lightly by the officers.

@Tut-Greco said in Fixing the /sur command:

Imagine this scenario:

You killed or shot at 2 police wardens outside jail, and then as an FBI rancher from a squad arrives, you type /sur. It should be the squad members' decision whether it gets to be reduced to 10 or keep 42 stars for your crimes. You're welcome to surrender but it does not mean you'll be taken more lightly by the officers.

Mate you can't type /sur after cops arrive, you need minimum 5 seconds, it says stand still for 3 seconds but it takes years till you sur.

@Laminee said in Fixing the /sur command:

Like that you are nearly asking to reduce the jail timing.. Its a no for me because cops are not obliged o let surrender, they ask you to just to show how gentle are they.

No, you either don't get my point or just don't want to.-

@DROT said in Fixing the /sur command:

I don't think that /sur getting cancelled if tased afterwards is an intended feature.

That should probably be fixed.

Finally someone that understood what I mean, thank you!

It makes zero sense to give a wanted player 70% time off, after a cop had been chasing them down and seen 2 of his partners get killed. If a cop tasers, shoots or sprays the surrendering player, it should remove the surrender effect.

It's not the criminal being the judge here.