The big flaws in SAES, time for a change.

TimeForAChange

Improvements SAES needs to continue a thriving community.

If you're not interested in reading a little explanation then feel free to jump to the Now let's start with the things I'd like to bring up. paragraph.
Hello, many of you probably wonder who I am, but I've chosen to stay anonymous due to the stigma such a post as this would cause. Just know that I am an active player on SAES:RPG who wishes to see a better version of the server than what's currently being driven. Now I'd like to bring up a few flaws that I'd like an answer to why they haven't been looked at or at least been transparent to the community to why those flaws still are present.

But first I'd like to say that this is not an attack of any sort but rather a Q&A for the public presented by my own thoughts and feelings, I like playing on SAES like many of the hundreds of other people that do but I think that there's a few big flaws as previously mentioned and I'd like to discuss those with in a civil manner. To those who may see this as something offensive and who's going to respond in a negligent way without the consideration of what I'm presenting, it would be great if you could pack your bags and act if like you hadnt seen this topic.

Now let's start with the things I'd like to bring up. SAES development. Now Brophy has previously answered this question but It was as if the answer was just a quick way to end the discussion.
The SAES development is lacking, not as much as it used to but at points during the past theres was basically little to no development at all. The development atm is not as dead as it used to be due to a few people, I wont name them specifically but you know who you are. The current GM team is actually pretty good, gets stuff done pretty fast so kudos to them!
Now I know that SAES development is entirely up to people willingly sitting down and spending their free time developing scripts so that of course means that there isnt always going to be a constant flow of development. This leads me to my next point, Donations. I dont get why none of the donations arent used toward making the server better. If theres a stall in development then why not take some of the donation money and put it to use?
Id like to conduct a little math to anyone whos interested in how much money SAES brings in each month. The server shovels in quite the amount of revenue averaging about 500 per month and reached 823 in april. Thats quite the sum of money and if used right, could improve the server a ton. Now now lets not forget the actual server and running and the forums so lets withdraw 150 from the monthly 500. So, we have 350 left (possibly more, I do not know the cost of running the server) 350 is quite a lot of money and if put to good use could do a lot of SAES.

For reference july:650, june:519, may:550, april:832.

Im sure you could use the money for hiring scripters which is essentially what it comes down to. If not then maybe make a to-do list with rewards on it for the development team or anyone else in the SAES server, or this could be restricted to the development team only. That way everyone would have a go at the certain task and the one who made it the best would be paid. If not then Ive seen PLENTY of hirable scripters on the MTA forum. I get that you need to feed the kids but if you already have a stable job which I assume you do then why not let some of the donations go toward making the server better @Brophy.

Next point on the agenda is transparency. SAES has a severe lack of transparency and bias. Sushi is a great example of this. It might be that Sushi is a relative of Ronseal but why should that grant her admin and membership in DE immediately? Its pretty hilarious. If you going to run a server half-assed with BIG hiccups like this then stop pretending like SAES is a professional server. You either run it decently professional or then you stop pretending like you got a professional server.
I get that a community such as SAES is hard to run without a little bias since its run by people in their free time. It doesnt have to be so blatantly obvious and unfair for the rest of the community. This is just one example of many and I could keep rambling on the severe lack of stability. Admins are supposed to act professional but thats pretty much a joke. Everyone interprets everything in their own way and enforces rules how they see fit. @Brophy how about reworking how admins interact with the playerbase in a way that makes sense in a professional manner but also punish those who do not abide by those rules. This is obviously not the case at the moment and should be looked at.

The severe lack of balance that the admin team has is disappointing. When I say admins, that includes CS, Staff ect I dont really want to bring up any more examples as this should suffice. Starting to improve the community one way is a start. We can tackle other problems at a later date. That being said, what I brought up is just the tip of the iceberg not only within the community but also within the clan. A lot of bullshit happens in the clan and nowadays its just accepted as the norm but I think thats very wrong. Anyone from the clan can attest to this, they dont because it would render them without a panel funnily enough. Free speech when it comes to the clan and how the community is being controlled is not a thing. Sure, you can give it a try but you will just be ridiculed and ignored.

This is primarily why I chose to do this on a burner account instead of my own. I wont start leaking stuff as that would do neither me no good or the server. Id like to interpret this as an eyeopener for @Brophy.
At the end of the day, I hope that this does not get censored/deleted and gets a serious response.

Yours truly, a caring SAES player.

• Like 1

Well said. I was also thinking about all this, about dev the server ... SAES could buy scripters or pay to our scripters for their job (to make it fast atleast) . Im sure many players that play SAES would donate for dev our server. BUT always we hear is " SAES is not project , SAES is just hobby & clan with few friends who created this server" well you guys could make a hobby into a business project , you pay - you get more back . SAES could be TOP #1 Servers of ALL MTA Community if it was developed good and im sure about it, yeah it was in TOP back in 2012-2013 that was best gold years . Yeah the game itself is old but still many ppl plays MTA.
Me for example still playing this server not becuase i like the game mod or smth NO (mod is really old nothing new, no new scripts.), i play becuase i have met a lot of good friends and good family where im now. About game mod - SAES not RPG server its DM server cops vs crimes , i mean yeah DM is good & fun but still, not all the time , these BR/JB/SR & more are boring. Many ideas has been suggested & nothing is complited. Now i think its really late time to do somthin , well maybe start from 0 idk if its gonna help OR just finally move to GTA 5 - RAGE Multiplayer with new features where its really amazing in GTA 5 (I heard that you @Brophy wanted to open it but smth happened)
And start there in GTA 5 from 0 .
I think all who plays SAES already have GTA 5 & good PC , becuase its 2020 , come on guys.

Sad to see that such server dying slowly...

Well said at all everything is true and a big percentage of the community is thinking like that but none so far brought it up I hope this will be taken serious by the owners and leaders and keypersons of this server

Most of the players nowadays only plays the server because they are here for ages and they play it because of the friends they made not because of the gameplay as this does not provide any fun anymore (sadly)

people just sit around at lv x or driving around for no sense that's all

@MatizZ said in The big flaws in SAES, time for a change.:

Well said. I was also thinking about all this, about dev the server ... SAES could buy scripters or pay to our scripters for their job (to make it fast atleast) . Im sure many players that play SAES would donate for dev our server. BUT always we hear is " SAES is not project , SAES is just hobby & clan with few friends who created this server" well you guys could make a hobby into a business project , you pay - you get more back . SAES could be TOP #1 Servers of ALL MTA Community if it was developed good and im sure about it, yeah it was in TOP back in 2012-2013 that was best gold years . Yeah the game itself is old but still many ppl plays MTA.
Me for example still playing this server not becuase i like the game mod or smth NO (mod is really old nothing new, no new scripts.), i play becuase i have met a lot of good friends and good family where im now. About game mod - SAES not RPG server its DM server cops vs crimes , i mean yeah DM is good & fun but still, not all the time , these BR/JB/SR & more are boring. Many ideas has been suggested & nothing is complited. Now i think its really late time to do somthin , well maybe start from 0 idk if its gonna help OR just finally move to GTA 5 - RAGE Multiplayer with new features where its really amazing in GTA 5 (I heard that you @Brophy wanted to open it but smth happened)
And start there in GTA 5 from 0 .
I think all who plays SAES already have GTA 5 & good PC , becuase its 2020 , come on guys.

Sad to see that such server dying slowly...

Matiz, not everyone enjoys GTA V. not everyone can play GTA V. not everyone can buy it. Your argument is that MTA is an old game so we should all just move to GTA V? The argument that MTA is dying was around since I joined SAES in 2011. Well, it's 2020 and people still talk about "dying" well no fucking shit. It's an old fucking game. The point is not to help this community die faster or move to another game, the whole point of this topic and other people is that we need more devs. and more stuff added.

there's a simple solution to all of this, add more developers to the team that will implement what the community wants. There are plenty of amazing suggestions but they never get implemented.

The only reason people leave MTA & SAES is because they get bored. Not because the game is old. Only a few individuals have a say in what gets added and what doesn't, which in turn will bring the death of this community and server.

The need of more / other developers has always been around. We did take some steps forward due to the latest additions to the team as I recall they have already done some stuff.

Transparency in terms of donations will never be enough. There is always stuff that stays hidden. Thats something that is the same in almost every server, job, etc.

However, in terms of the Development etc. There are quite some people with great knowledge of scripting that currently play SAES. Some are quite bored, but giving them the possibility to show thier scripting skills & handing ideas from a regular player perspective might come in handy..

MTA will die one day, but saying its 2020 and we need to head over to gta v is just BS. Most people that actually play SAES / MTA do so because they have a older rig.

@Nico said in The big flaws in SAES, time for a change.:

The need of more / other developers has always been around. We did take some steps forward due to the latest additions to the team as I recall they have already done some stuff.

Transparency in terms of donations will never be enough. There is always stuff that stays hidden. Thats something that is the same in almost every server, job, etc.

However, in terms of the Development etc. There are quite some people with great knowledge of scripting that currently play SAES. Some are quite bored, but giving them the possibility to show thier scripting skills & handing ideas from a regular player perspective might come in handy..

MTA will die one day, but saying its 2020 and we need to head over to gta v is just BS. Most people that actually play SAES / MTA do so because they have a older rig.

#Filex4Dev

Speaking about the donations, me and @howlze had a major discussion about this a few months ago. Some months bring in more cash, some less.

You mention hiring a scripter who would redo and make new scripts for the server. Altough that is easy to say, it is hard to do.

You see, the server has it's bills which are payed by the donations of the generous playeres, but some months don't do as well, in getting donations. So if a month exceeds it's needed donation ammount to keep the server running, it is put aside for a not so efficient month.

With that being said, let's talk about the fulltime scripter idea. You see, saes runs on old and outdated and also newer scripts. Meaning, if the server were to hire a scripter from the outside world, they would have to spend countless hours going through and getting to know the scripts Saes is working off of. The server lags, because of the old scripts. If @brophy were to bring in a half decent fulltime scripter, he would have to drop a fat stack of cash, in order to pay for the services, which sadly, let's be honest, none of us can afford.

Server needs adjusting, and it sertainly needs an update of scripts, but at the end of the day, it is a free to play server, where anyone is welcome.

My two cents.

@AntiRug said in The big flaws in SAES, time for a change.:

Speaking about the donations, me and @howlze had a major discussion about this a few months ago. Some months bring in more cash, some less.

You mention hiring a scripter who would redo and make new scripts for the server. Altough that is easy to say, it is hard to do.

You see, the server has it's bills which are payed by the donations of the generous playeres, but some months don't do as well, in getting donations. So if a month exceeds it's needed donation ammount to keep the server running, it is put aside for a not so efficient month.

With that being said, let's talk about the fulltime scripter idea. You see, saes runs on old and outdated and also newer scripts. Meaning, if the server were to hire a scripter from the outside world, they would have to spend countless hours going through and getting to know the scripts Saes is working off of. The server lags, because of the old scripts. If @brophy were to bring in a half decent fulltime scripter, he would have to drop a fat stack of cash, in order to pay for the services, which sadly, let's be honest, none of us can afford.

Server needs adjusting, and it sertainly needs an update of scripts, but at the end of the day, it is a free to play server, where anyone is welcome.

My two cents.

bro. there are scripters on SAES that would need less than a few hours to read through all scripts and/or change something.

it might be time consuming, not hard. lmao

@Quality

Not sure how your thought process works, but SAES is ran by people who script in their "FREE TIME" now tell me, why on gods earth would they spend their free time, when they have school, friends and family to attend, making scripts for SAES?

Key word- free time and voluntarily.

@Quality said in The big flaws in SAES, time for a change.:

Matiz, not everyone enjoys GTA V. not everyone can play GTA V. not everyone can buy it. Your argument is that MTA is an old game so we should all just move to GTA V? The argument that MTA is dying was around since I joined SAES in 2011. Well, it's 2020 and people still talk about "dying" well no fucking shit. It's an old fucking game. The point is not to help this community die faster or move to another game, the whole point of this topic and other people is that we need more devs. and more stuff added.

there's a simple solution to all of this, add more developers to the team that will implement what the community wants. There are plenty of amazing suggestions but they never get implemented.

The only reason people leave MTA & SAES is because they get bored. Not because the game is old. Only a few individuals have a say in what gets added and what doesn't, which in turn will bring the death of this community and server.

My point is same as your , i didnt mean that "we should leave and fuck this game let it die, lets go GTA V ." Yeah we need more dev team but you know it was suggested many times, in many ways , as i said we could hiring scripters or pay to our scripters for their job because scripting is pain & they spend their free time on it. Its also job.
As may you read my first post i ll re post it here :

@MatizZ said in The big flaws in SAES, time for a change.:

SAES could be TOP #1 Servers of ALL MTA Community if it was developed good and im sure about it, yeah

By this i meant if our Dev team or SAES HQ listened what community/players really want then our server could be on top of all mta servers . I think you got me what i mean.

Matiz, not everyone enjoys GTA V. not everyone can play GTA V. not everyone can buy it

I dont know who wouldnt enjoy GTA V with same community that plays here , its all same just with more good features that GTA V got . I dont say close SAES in MTA and lets move to GTA V no, let SAES stay in MTA & open SAES server in GTA V why not?
And also i dont know how you guys still didnt get GTA V when it was free in epic games , you should be really n00b. About guys who dont have good PC i understand you well guys , dunno what else to say.

And this guy is fully right.

@Slaine said in The big flaws in SAES, time for a change.:

its a shame this topic will be locked soon and forgetten about and nothing will change..

@Nuno said in The big flaws in SAES, time for a change.:

For a moment I thought you would create WSG gang again.

Not only is your brain still stuck with roasts from 2011, if you had any common sense you would be asking yourself why I reported Nanobob with my name earlier, and not anonymously. You never fail to be a fool bro ahahaha, maybe grow up as you have 9 years to catch xD

Honestly you guys get so easily fooled it is like fooling a group of people with mentioning to liberate jerusalem or something

The dude mentioned bad developement to get yall on his side and in the end expect to make a few cents to script for saes

Use your brain his points are not even valid there are more to this that had to be included but only showed a few to get your hearts and an other pair to get some moneys in reallife