[CHANGE] When disabling 'all' mods - keep some

Dinaz

Question

Hello community,
As all of you know that there is an option to disable mods in the "M" panel but few probably use it to decrease lags... The problem with this option is that some mods shouldn't be disabled, like not all at once... Here are few examples of the mods that shouldn't be disabled and included in that option:

Nanobob's modshop:
https://imgur.com/a/vZhHzOy

Shamal & Dodo:
(Basically, Shamal's and Dodo's have no colors due to the disablement of the mod.)
https://imgur.com/a/VBVMSpI

SWAT & FBI's Skin:
https://imgur.com/a/S3Iet85

So my suggestion about that is making more possible features for the "disable mod" option, such as allowing the player to choose which mode they want to disable, and which they want to enable.

23 answers to this question

This is a really nice piece of work you've done @Filex

If done properly it could seriously change the player experience within SAES..as they'll be able to increase their own specs as they won't need to load in the shit-ton of mods SAES has..(in hindsight).

The idea is great generally, I'd personally disable some mods because I don't like the general looks of some. But in case of this suggestion to be accepted, some custom wraps would mess up when their mods are disabled I guess. Is it better to turn their wraps off as well, or to make them not supported to be disabled at all?

@Velona I don't think any of the current mods will ruin the gameplay or harm anything as long as they're client sided. But the only thing that might ruin the gameplay here is Nanoshop's mod, it won't ruin by collisions cuz these roads have none, but it will cover some parts of the map which are the LV highway and the LV hosp, and they're kind of important in SA, but if you have tried to disable mods before you'll see that these roads are moving just like in the mod. So yeah, I do agree with you at some point.

@JukyPlatinium said in [SUGGESTION] Disabling mods:

@Dinaz Well Bro you can go to MTA>SETTING>ADVANCED>DEBUG SETTING>select graphics and ull disable skin shader & radar&shamals txd.. and other things but ucannot disable cars,ucan disable them only from M panel.

@JukyPlatinium does that work for you ? i tried that a lot of time but it aint work ://

The game is already very lite. How some people still cant run it in 2020 is beyond me. The used PC marked sells laptops or desktops with GTX 1050, or such, which is enough for a game like this. If anything, i would argue there arent enough mods. Adding more vehicles, expanding the land by building shit in the sea could be cool.

Maybe this no-mods thing is rooted in a different issue that im not aware of, so please let me know.

@DawisTheEngineer said in [SUGGESTION] Disabling mods:

The game is already very lite. How some people still cant run it in 2020 is beyond me. The used PC marked sells laptops or desktops with GTX 1050, or such, which is enough for a game like this. If anything, i would argue there arent enough mods. Adding more vehicles, expanding the land by building shit in the sea could be cool.

Maybe this no-mods thing is rooted in a different issue that im not aware of, so please let me know.

Because most of the player base consists of teenagers and kids from third world countries, who can not afford them

@DawisTheEngineer You're getting out of context. Also, not everyone can handle the "adding more vehicles and expanding the land by building shit in the sea" project, I mean, we are mostly suffering from the parked vehicles problem now...
And about the game, it works smoothly on story mode, but as MTA is a mod to the game and as SAES specifically has thousands of cars parked and many maps to load that's why it really lags.

@Dinaz said in [SUGGESTION] Disabling mods:

@DawisTheEngineer You're getting out of context. Also, not everyone can handle the "adding more vehicles and expanding the land by building shit in the sea" project, I mean, we are mostly suffering from the parked vehicles problem now...
And about the game, it works smoothly on story mode, but as MTA is a mod to the game and as SAES specifically has thousands of cars parked and many maps to load that's why it really lags.

I see, i sort of figured it had something to do with lack of optimization.