#BringBackOldMute

Bartman

Question

12 answers to this question

How about, don't get muted?

Mute is a punishment, something that you shouldn't get at all. Unless you're dedicated to rulebreaking and getting muted often, I'm certain that you will live through those few minutes of your mute once every few weeks/months without talking to anyone. If you're enduring a punishment, the last thing that will be looked at is your comfort. It is a punishment, it shouldn't be comfortable for you. This is similar to suggesting for adminjailed players to have something fun to do while being in adminjail.

@DROT said in #BringBackOldMute:

those few minutes of your mute once every few weeks/months without talking to anyone. If you're enduring a punishment, the last thing that will be looked at is your comfort. It is a punishment, it shouldn't be comfortable for you. This is similar to

You may have a point there since it serves as a punishment, but still if there is something very important going on like a turf you may lose nerves and say something inappropriate but you still need to be able to use cc so you can at least give your members orders. Like the mute has to be for mainchat only as he got in trouble at the mainchat/localchat not at his cc or pm. If PM isn't a option cc has to be one. As still orders must be go through you and also a punishment should only be the chat where you talk to the entire server (mainchat) or to a group of people close to u (localchat) and also teamchat but not to your respective group.

I agree with @DROT

A lot of you guys are veterans of the server now and should know the rules.

You can't keep taking the piss and baiting admins into performing admin punishments against you, then bitch and moan about it once they do.

As for the screenshot of @Arma 's chat which is from 13th March, I've had a word with him recently regarding main chat protocol.