[POLL] Kill arresting in interiors

Kain

Hi again.

The idea of kill arresting was brought up between a number of clan members and I today and how suitable it would be for the current 1.4 game mode.
Upon further discussion with a few members of the community and said clan members it was later concluded that the optimal way to integrate such a thing into the current game mode would be to only allow it within interiors (particularly jail/bank). As a result, a kill arrest would have 50% less jail time than that of a nightstick arrest.

We would like to hear a wider range of opinions on such a thing or how we could perhaps improve on it. Please respond to the poll below.
Thanks.

It's definitely needed imo +1
also, note (a note, not u noty): could add a "enable/diable interior kill arresting" to M settings to give free call for invidual cop to get killcount or arrest count if that matters.

@note said in [POLL] Kill arresting in interiors:

@rock said in [POLL] Kill arresting in interiors:

Yes, when criminals tend to camp inside jails and stuff through a narrow corridor, it gets real frustrating to arrest them. I'm totally for this. +1

What about cops camping jail 24/7?

pls https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_warden https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_officer

@skerdi said in [POLL] Kill arresting in interiors:

So cops, can arrest by a high distance? they will just snipe, criminals will hide and that would spoil the fun I think,a and if it is done for jail I think cops will get a more advantage

I believe @Kain 's purpose is to balance police side and the criminal side. I don't think so, he's looking for any advantages in any sides.

@skerdi

We'll obviously test it to see how it works in practise, and if necessary add balancing features. Since kill arrests already favour the police side, we decided that cutting arrest time in half is at least a fair balance backwards.

So someone with 20 stars would go to jail for just over 90 seconds, meaning they could return to a BR much faster just like police officers respawning. Currently that jail would be 3.5 mins, which after 2nd gate means there's no point returning to a BR. Same is roughly true of jailbreaks.

Additionally it will raise server activity as people would only be in jail for 3 mins instead of 7, allowing them to return to whatever activity they were doing earlier much faster and so have more people on the server rather than AFK in jail or on PD release.

I'm up to see this in a beta test version. BUT, I don't agree with that. When you kill a cop he just comes back asap, he doesn't have a cooldown time.

@Teddy, I see your point but no, especially for BRs lol. Cops already kill in BRs and its a pain in the ass to just come back. Me personally, I only come back to a BR, when I get killed, if the BR is from O. Otherwise, I just don't bother coming, because I either get jailed as soon as I step inside the bank, or killed while trying to get back to help in the defense.

For JBs I wouldn't be that against it. Because you either leave the cells again and get back to action or just do less time, in case you got jailed outside.

Well I see that this will make SAES a server simillair to any DM server (without mentioning names) where you arrest by killing, SAES has a priveledge of the nightstick arrest method which is special and gives something in plus to the server
So if it comes to my miserable voice i will easily and with all respect say that this wont work.

@filex said in [POLL] Kill arresting in interiors:

Well I see that this will make SAES a server simillair to any DM server (without mentioning names) where you arrest by killing, SAES has a priveledge of the nightstick arrest method which is special and gives something in plus to the server
So if it comes to my miserable voice i will easily and with all respect say that this wont work.

Different servers have different arrests, there's arrests by kills, arrests by nightstick, arrests by handcuff, arrests by car transport, arrests by shoot-to-knock-out & bring to station and others I can't be bothered to name. SAES certainly isn't the first to have nightstick arrest (and isn't the only one now, or even the most popular server with that by player count) and the only original arrest system SAES had is the arrest by one-hit taze. Which is gone.

Now that I have seen this in practice, I'm going to change my vote to no. It's no longer fun for me (as a cop) to rambo down the corridor and spam my M4 to arrest all the criminals. Moreover, the frequency of the jailbreaks has also been decreased since criminals are fed up of being killed and immediately arrested. It's no longer fun and fair.