[CHANGE] - Gang Rob System

Exile

Question

Hello! Gang Robberies are a feature of the server that have been dead for a long time.

I was inactive during the time it was first introduced in the server, and I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get a chance to experience it.

I spent some time today asking around what were the pros and cons of the gang robs system when it was active in the server.

The cons I've gathered so far are:

• Safes being at Gang's Base

• Gang's respawning at base over and over again to protect gang's safe

• Money being taken from Gang's account

alt text

I think that moving the Gang's Safes from their base to their other properties would fix the unfair advantage of the defending gang respawning at base to defend themselves and would create a balance since both attackers and defenders would have to use the hospital spawn/base spawn

Also, I don't think that the money should be taken from the gang's personal bank account, the money shouldn't be taken from anywhere, it causes too much flame and toxicity between gangs.

These are only my ideas however,

If you had the opportunity to fix Gang Robs, how would you do it?

@Cornelius
Could be, but a low level gang with high activity will get a level higher level at the end of the month (mostly), so that 'overruling' wouldn't be lasting for long. And how would you make it fairplay in a different way?

Once the gang starts cracking, the gates could stay open for aslong someone is cracking + 1 minute if the gate is a big problem

I think working with a percentage of the gangbank is a bad idea, because every gang is gonna put as low as possible money on their gang bank account.
Use fixed numbers OR disallow gangs to store gangmoney outside the gang bank, then your suggestion is ...maybe... an alright idea. Tough, its hard to maintain.

@Patrick said in Revive Gang Robs:
@Cornelius
Could be, but a low level gang with high activity will get a level higher level at the end of the month (mostly), so that 'overruling' wouldn't be lasting for long. And how would you make it fairplay in a different way?

Once the gang starts cracking, the gates could stay open for aslong someone is cracking + 1 minute if the gate is a big problem

I think working with a percentage of the gangbank is a bad idea, because every gang is gonna put as low as possible money on their gang bank account.
Use fixed numbers OR disallow gangs to store gangmoney outside the gang bank, then your suggestion is ...maybe... an alright idea. Tough, its hard to maintain.

@Patrick , Because even if the glate is large it is not a problem they can be fast.

@Patrick said in Revive Gang Robs:

@Cornelius

Gang levels doesn't depend ONLY on activity and it takes 2-3months to get level up, if so. What if the only gang with same level as few others wants to gangrob, but other gangs with the same level are not active or the gang removed the safe/cash from the panel.

well yea seems if the Gr system is going to be revamped , we're getting fun

@Kain said in Revive Gang Robs:

Maybe something like once a gang starts a GR, for as long as you're standing inside the col then the timer starts ticking down from 15 minutes or whatever, unless the defending gang has more members in the col then the timer starts ticking back up. If it goes back to 15 minutes then the defenders win or if it reaches 0 then attackers win?

if it would be a percentage better than a timer

@Kain said in Revive Gang Robs:

Maybe something like once a gang starts a GR, for as long as you're standing inside the col then the timer starts ticking down from 15 minutes or whatever, unless the defending gang has more members in the col then the timer starts ticking back up. If it goes back to 15 minutes then the defenders win or if it reaches 0 then attackers win?

^^^^

if u want to have a fair war go turfing, this gang rob is a trash update and shouldnt have been added.

I understand the concept behind it, instead of making it all about money it should be about flying colors. let me explain:

let's say B~B and CripZ have a turf war, B~B win. Now what B~B can do is go to cripz base and turf the base. It will be much longer than a normal turf war but by spraying the walls and stuff B~B will claim CRIPZ base as theirs and the color on the map will turn orange and somewhere on the base B~B will be written on it for all to see that B~B is superior.

get it? this can be a way for gangs to flex on trash gangs :)

1. gangs can only turf a gang base if they own 75% or more of the turfs.

2. gangs can only turf a gang that has minimum 5 members ingame.

3. a gang base that has been turfed it will remain turfed for 12 hours straight and cannot be reclaimed by the home gang.

4. The away gang will have access to the base, the vehicles, everything. This will keep the activity active and people will get angry when they log in and their base isnt their base anymore and will turf to get revenge and when they claim 75% or more turfs they will be able to turf the enemy gang base!

oh, and the home gang can spawn at their own base to defend their base, so its more difficult for the away gang :)
oh, and K:D should matter, so for example every death from the home gang will increase the %.

ps: this will be a good way for good gangs to take a shit on trash gangs :) and also a good way for new gangs to take a shit on old gangs that are just their because they where created back in 2k whatever

pss: most likley will never happen because of cry babies who will cry non stop about superior players taking a shit on them

psss: idk why everything is about ingame money

pssss: 5 good players can easily defend a gang base from 10+ players that have to commute from hospital every time :)