[CHANGE] - Gang Rob System

Exile

Question

Hello! Gang Robberies are a feature of the server that have been dead for a long time.

I was inactive during the time it was first introduced in the server, and I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get a chance to experience it.

I spent some time today asking around what were the pros and cons of the gang robs system when it was active in the server.

The cons I've gathered so far are:

• Safes being at Gang's Base

• Gang's respawning at base over and over again to protect gang's safe

• Money being taken from Gang's account

alt text

I think that moving the Gang's Safes from their base to their other properties would fix the unfair advantage of the defending gang respawning at base to defend themselves and would create a balance since both attackers and defenders would have to use the hospital spawn/base spawn

Also, I don't think that the money should be taken from the gang's personal bank account, the money shouldn't be taken from anywhere, it causes too much flame and toxicity between gangs.

These are only my ideas however,

If you had the opportunity to fix Gang Robs, how would you do it?

@Rzz0 said in Revive Gang Robs:

What you suggested would be pretty unfair, most crackers can crack the safe in like 30 seconds, the gang that is being robbed wont even have time to respond if the safe is on a random property. Also if money isnt taken then whats the point?
The safe should be either inside the gangs base, or outside right next to it.
There should be a minimum amount of players online from a gang so you can rob them (around 5).
After cracking the safe the cracker shouldnt be allowed to use planes or boats to escape, because then its impossible to stop him from delivering the bag.

naah men, just do it ez:
just like exile said, safe is on second property/warehouse instead base.
and instead cracking, you have to stand an ammount of time near the safe = to fast crackers problem solved

• base respawn problem solved too
    this zero problems

the only problem would be the player counting, like min. ~8 players needed to do gr, but what if 7/8 are afk? or what if gang is doing events/on events?
this is the real problem need find a way to solve,
from my side i come just to this 2 ways to solve:
-making script wich detect afk players (wouldnt solve problem when gang on event)

-making an bigass circle arround gangsafe & only when first gangmember (the ones who get robbed) arrives the circle, only than the cracking timer starts.
if no gangmember arrives circle = no gr
if this happens ~3x/week = no gr for the gang for next week

in simply explain: either you go deffend, or if not, you dont get robbed, but after 3x times your gang cant rob any other gangs anymore for a week

if have better ideas, post em, but if this afk problem not solved, rip gr

The safe should be either inside the gangs base, or outside right next to it.

Strongly agree

There should be a minimum amount of players online from a gang so you can rob them (around 5).

I kinda agree on this one, with a small tweak -> There should be a minimum amount of players spawned using their gang spawn so you can rob their gang (around 5). There are people that are belonging in a gang but in the same time they're getting called to host events(LWS,G6) or those that are staff/admins may be sorting a report, a donation and help other members of the community, we can't force their hand to cancel these events, so they can defend.

After cracking the safe the cracker shouldnt be allowed to use planes or boats to escape, because then its impossible to stop him from delivering the bag.

Strongly agree

Also, since cracking is so viable and fast crackers are considered an issue, keep the same cracking system but with a little tweak that will make it harder (not automated like Bartman said) 10.000.000 - 100.000.000?

I see it working more like a store rob than cracking. Each gang has to fill a bar up by standing inside a circle or preferably a turf war style location. Whoever fills the progress bar first out of defenders or attackers wins and takes money. Obviously cops could earn an extra paycheck as more activity for criminals = more of an opportunity for arrests leading to potential jailbreaks too.

@Exile said in Revive Gang Robs:

Also, I don't think that the money should be taken from the gang's personal bank account, the money shouldn't be taken from anywhere, it causes too much flame and toxicity between gangs.

I disagree. That was the main-reason why I loved GRs so much. It caused some tension and made it worth defending. I, personally, couldn't care less about a gang robbing TT, if the money wasn't taken from us. Heck, I'd ask the robbing gang to split the outcome 30/70 with me, if the money just appeared out of nowhere

Maybe something like once a gang starts a GR, for as long as you're standing inside the col then the timer starts ticking down from 15 minutes or whatever, unless the defending gang has more members in the col then the timer starts ticking back up. If it goes back to 15 minutes then the defenders win or if it reaches 0 then attackers win?

@Kain said in Revive Gang Robs:

Maybe something like once a gang starts a GR, for as long as you're standing inside the col then the timer starts ticking down from 15 minutes or whatever, unless the defending gang has more members in the col then the timer starts ticking back up. If it goes back to 15 minutes then the defenders win or if it reaches 0 then attackers win?

Would rather see a % than a timer, just because adding and taking away time back and forth is a bit... weird?

There already is a limitation like this, you cannot rob a gang if it has less than 3 players online, and I think its fine as it is.

I think this is the only change thats needed, there are a lot of ideas in the topic but I do not believe any of them would improve the GR system. However, most gang bases have high walls that make escaping hard or impossible, some have their bases on a cliff even. Maybe its time for GMs to start enforcing more strict rules on safe placements?

One last thing Id like to add, is to force all level 3+ gangs to have safes. Of course, they would be free to choose not to participate in GRs by keeping their gang bank below the threshold of the GR, but I believe this would incentivize gangs who have never even experienced GRs to see the fun side of it, if they choose to.

Forcing level 3+ gangs to have a gang safe that in return will only make gangs to keep below the limit money in gang if they dont want to participate kinda makes no sense.

Dont include suggestions on how gangs will have to change their ways with their gang accounts, thats none of your business.

If gangs see value and want to participate in GRs they will need and have a safe. If not they simply wontt have it.

from all the ways we choose to do grs, there should be just able to keep all gang moneyz on /gang safe without getting robbed, otherwise its a sensless fuss with keeping money with gang account/players.

other from that, i stay at the suggestion putting safe on second gang property near base, or the problem with respawning/spawnkills & reports keeps

As an alive level 3+ gang you should be able to defend yourself. Every 3+ gang should be prohibited to have money in their gangbank and be robbable.
I mean, you are a criminal organisation. Not a pussy fanclub. Get your ass up and fight back.

Having a safe at second, RP related property could be a idea, but whats wrong with putting the gang thats being robbed in a favor?

Would like to see these gangrob activities back on the server.

@Harmy said in Revive Gang Robs:

Forcing level 3+ gangs to have a gang safe that in return will only make gangs to keep below the limit money in gang if they dont want to participate kinda makes no sense.

Dont include suggestions on how gangs will have to change their ways with their gang accounts, thats none of your business.

If gangs see value and want to participate in GRs they will need and have a safe. If not they simply wontt have it

It would be a fair trade off though. If you dont want to have a safe, then you should not be able to use the gang bank.

Adding to that, it is already similar to what you described, gangs currently dont participate GRs because they choose the safe route of not having a gang safe at all because they see GR as an activity shrouded with the misbelief of report wars and such. By forcing them to have a safe, it would prevent the luxury of having tens of millions of dollars sitting in a gang bank with no threat, and consequently maybe entice them to try out GRs?

Personally, I like the activity of GR, and I dislike gangs that keep the activity dead by choosing not to have a safe at all. I specifically pointed out level 3+ gangs because they spawn with sufficient weaponry to be able to defend their safe.

@Ammar said in Revive Gang Robs:

If gangs see value and want to participate in GRs they will need and have a safe. If not they simply wontt have it

It would be a fair trade off though. If you dont want to have a safe, then you should not be able to use the gang bank.

Adding to that, it is already similar to what you described, gangs currently dont participate GRs because they choose the safe route of not having a gang safe at all because they see GR as an activity shrouded with the misbelief of report wars and such. By forcing them to have a safe, it would prevent the luxury of having tens of millions of dollars sitting in a gang bank with no threat, and consequently maybe entice them to try out GRs?

Personally, I like the activity of GR, and I dislike gangs that keep the activity dead by choosing not to have a safe at all. I specifically pointed out level 3+ gangs because they spawn with sufficient weaponry to be able to defend their safe.

It should be so that you can only rob gangs of the same level or above so a level 5 gang can't bully a level 2 gang in terms of numbers.

It should be so that you can only rob gangs of the same level or above so a level 5 gang can't bully a level 2 gang in terms of numbers.

I mean sure its a good idea, but most gang robberies occur when the defending gang is at disadvantage, e.g. when they have 3 players online or when most of them are AFK or trapped in jail, so I dont think level matters that much. Plus it would take away the pride of low level organization robbing a higher level organization (if people still care about such stuff nowadays), and would lower the scope of competition in GRs since there arent many gangs at lower levels nowadays.

@Ammar

Why would it be?

The gang account has been here forever, but because of gang robberies and their possible return, now we want to restrict it?

Also its not about the toxicity that it brings which is also true, its because you cant remain in peace as it currently is.

When GRs came out the first time, gangs came up with rules not to AFK but to quit if you have to and all these silly rules that dictated your gameplay to minimize gang robberies. Now you will argue that depends on the gang, but it was literally every gang that did that. I dont know about you but I dont feel like getting spammed on discord because I decided to get off the screen for 5-10 minutes.
Also GRs were taking big chunks of money from the gang account in the millionS range.
You do a BR and you get 200-300k, explain to me how that makes sense.

Also you wont force them to try out GRs by placing a safe against their will, you will force them to empty a gang account that all members have contributed in between 5-6 players so they are below the limit. Thats what happened the last time, it wont change now.

Personally I like the ideas of GRs too but not how it is atm. If anything I would go with robbing the turf rewards (the 100k per zone since they are legit pointless) so you you can still get a reward and the enemy gangs gets robbed of money that when their turf zones are claimed back, zones that should have been defended, their gang account goes down. I would be fine taking the risk to turf that could possibly attract GRs, but forcing other gangs what to do with their money because you want to revive GRs as they are now and force everyone to participate is a no from me.

The opting out rule was fine as it is, if you dont participate yourself, you cannot assist in any GRs.

Wtf? I want to rob Z, it's not my fault that they didn't get to level 5. I don't like your idea. Downvoted and blacklisted for further comments.

@Spetnazz said in Revive Gang Robs:

Wtf? I want to rob Z, it's not my fault that they didn't get to level 5. I don't like your idea. Downvoted and blacklisted for further comments.

Bachwa paid me to say this.