about jail... read the content before voting ( )

Bone

Question

in regards to https://saesrpg.uk/topic/13788/remove-killarrest and finally a subject for the channel forums its pretty obvious that the corridor is a chokepoint no matter if kill-arrest or not and other bullshit

not aimed to discuss scripts such as kill-arrest or immunity and shit..or who has the biggest dick etc.. its just about the mapping so chill down and please make sure to actually read the topic and comments before blind voting...

My proposal initiative for a fix only to the lobby and corridor way cell area etc will remain the same ( its still raw draft paint.exe so but like to hear opinions from both cops and crims before starting the mapping )

alt text

• No more single corridor entrance

• Cops have their own panic route if they can manage to guess the keycode

• Cops have 2 incoming routes to the cell area 3 if they can guess the code

• Criminals have to watch 2 entrances 3 if the panic route is enabled

• Various breakpoints on the line of sight looking from lobby to cell area and vice versa.

Mapping itself stays 70% the same only thing that would change is the part from where you enter the corridor maze
starting from the duo doors till cell area ( which also stays the same )

Do you also have a suggestion about the mapping? feel free to share your opinion about it, in the end, its the community who decides to go on with it or vote it off.

/me hands the resolution in your hands.

17 answers to this question

Where the control panel for cells would be ? In a corner like now? By the cells or maybe in a different position like in the middle of the panic corridor so you had to take over the zone where people exit the cells and then go up the corridor from behind to arrest the guy in that room

The mapping definitely needs an update, whether thats editing the existing mapping or putting in a new interior I'm fine with both.

In terms of balance I do fear that any new mapping would make it very difficult for criminals though, so I would be in favour of a test period to see how both sides like it.

I would also not mind if we just edited the existing mapping to remove some of the shitty hit boxes and collisions, in the lobby especially.

Either way, for jail, change is good.

@Crash said in about jail... read the content before voting ( ):

Where the control panel for cells would be ? In a corner like now? By the cells or maybe in a different position like in the middle of the panic corridor so you had to take over the zone where people exit the cells and then go up the corridor from behind to arrest the guy in that room

open for suggestions where to have it placed..
for logic reasons somewhere near the lobby or within a warden office

I dont feel like cops should have a keypad to guess the code. I believe this would be a huge disadvantage, correct me if wrong.

Perhaps instead there could be a huge marker like the ones to start a PBR. At least (for example) 10 cops have to be in the marker in order to trigger the panic gate, which will then also open very slowly. Lets say at least 2 minutes before they can enter the panic route. Maybe criminals should also get a notification once cops triggered the gate so they can try to anticipate on it?

Overall I like your suggestion.

@MrSolrac said in about jail... read the content before voting ( ):

Hi, I want to propose an idea.
Add a secret tunnel inside the jail to escape, this tunnel would only serve to escape, once you enter you cannot return.
You know, the idea of a "Jailbreak" is to escape from prison, not to start a DM party inside the jail.

unsure about a tunnel its interesting but doubt it will function how its ment to be :\

@Jasper said in about jail... read the content before voting ( ):

I dont feel like cops should have a keypad to guess the code. I believe this would be a huge disadvantage, correct me if wrong.

Perhaps instead there could be a huge marker like the ones to start a PBR. At least (for example) 10 cops have to be in the marker in order to trigger the panic gate, which will then also open very slowly. Lets say at least 2 minutes before they can enter the panic route. Maybe criminals should also get a notification once cops triggered the gate so they can try to anticipate on it?

Overall I like your suggestion.

interesting and in favor for this instead of crack pad :moistpepe: