[SUGGESTION] Having Moderator access in your own G/S Topics.

Sam.

Question

I came to one idea, what about having Moderator Access for your own G/S topic like in the Group topic?

As we know Groups are able to create new category's like Roster, Recruitment's, info and more!

Something like this:
alt text

I think it will help the squad and the gangs in their topic a lot!

The Positive benefits by doing that is:

• Easier to customize posts on your own G/S Topic (Deleting,Moving,editing posts)

• Less work for admins by deleting post like spams

• Better orientation for each player by searching Roster,recruitment,info etc

Of Course access should have only the leaders and choose able HQs.
Please Vote if you like this idea or not!

10 answers to this question

I've been thinking about this a few days ago and agree entirely.

What I initially had in mind was turning SWAT forum from private to public for it to serve as place for both recruitment topic as well as other topics further elaborating specific squad systems. For example I'd prefer showing interested players how squad works on all fronts, from SWAT academy to general squad information and management preferences. Dumping all of that info into a single recruitment topic easily makes it too long and boring to read. Additionally it is hard to manage and update. Having a place where people could browse several topics of the same g/s could definitely prove useful.

I think that it would generally speaking be a welcome addition to g/s advertisement and information sharing. Moderator privileges are naturally appreciated too.

@Brophy

Could we not replace the current list of recruitment topics with a list of subcategories, one per each g/s? Those subcategories could then contain their respective recruitment topic. To explain it in short, as if we turned all private forums (subcategories) public, there would be a list of subcategories one per each g/s. That way people could be granted moderator rights within their own subcategory rather than entirety of tsg/gangs list. In addition they could have individual private subcategories not visible to public, or alternatively having a public subcategory could come with a condition that there will be no private subcategory simultaneously if that would burden the website in any way.

That's pretty much what I just said, you set each g/s category as public, you then create a private subforum, move private content there then move requirement topic to the public root category, giving members who run and have moderator access control over it.