G/S Lvl 5 Reward - Skin Mod

DROT

Question

Reward gangs and squads that have reached level 5 with a skin mod.

I believe that this is one of key things that every players looks at, how does their character look like? Shaders are certainly helpful but at the same time quite limiting, look at the amount of squads using the same tactical skin base for their shaders. At the end of the day we all look almost the same.

Currently skin mods are granted to groups only, I am certain that there was a good reason for implementing this standard but whether it's still valid today or which reason it was specifically, I do not know. Hopefully there's someone who can further elaborate it here.
Regardless, let's hear opinions from the community!

5 answers to this question

No.

1. What skins are you going to override? We're suddenly going to have 10-15 less skins on the server?

2. The only groups with mods are the grand fathered ones. It's now just DE, CLO and SAI I believe.

Skin shaders were introduced to curb this and ensure we could still have good variety amongst the groups of the server without taking away skins from other people.

I have no doubt the community will vote for this because it's something new, but consider the fact for 2 years nobody could use the Catalina skin despite her being a main character in San Andreas. Why? DDT/CEM decided to override it.

I would be strongly against overriding current skins that people are using or would want to use in the future just to add a degree of "uniqueness" that isn't entirely necessary.

Organisations should aim to make themselves stand out, not rely on the server itself to do it for them.

@Daryl said in G/S Lvl 5 Reward - Skin Mod:

What skins are you going to override? We're suddenly going to have 10-15 less skins on the server?

Isn't MTA going to allow servers to use IDs that aren't used by GTA:SA? I don't know exactly how it works, but I'm pretty sure this could be a thing after 1.5.7 officially releases (scratch that, I forgot we're in 1.5.7 already).
This is what I'm referring to: engineRequestModel.
Apart from the fact that people would have to download more stuff, it shouldn't interfere with anything...

(source)

@Matheus said in G/S Lvl 5 Reward - Skin Mod:

@Daryl said in G/S Lvl 5 Reward - Skin Mod:

What skins are you going to override? We're suddenly going to have 10-15 less skins on the server?

Isn't MTA going to allow servers to use IDs that aren't used by GTA:SA? I don't know exactly how it works, but I'm pretty sure this could be a thing after 1.5.7 officially releases (scratch that, I forgot we're in 1.5.7 already).
This is what I'm referring to: engineRequestModel.
Apart from the fact that people would have to download more stuff, it shouldn't interfere with anything...

(source)

Maybe its an idea to move over the modded skins in general to this? @SAES-Developer