Bringing balance to SAES and improving some RP elements

Cookie

Question

Ever since I've returned to SAES:RPG after a long break I've experienced numerous Bank and Store robberies. But I have been able to participate in 0 until the end simply because SWAT troopers, DE agents, and regular cops bust through the front door drugged up swinging their One-Hit,Frame Dropping, Insta-Jailing weapons. Not that I mind getting sent to jail after accumulating stars, but having no ability to fight back is what frustrated me. When I asked Daryl about why the cop side is so overpowered he simply replied with:
" Well your side has numbers ". While it is true that gangs outnumber squads, it is also true that squad members have access to many class specific weapons that make it easier for them to stop robberies and perform arrests. I am talking about the tazer,rubber bullets and the police batton.I don't want to make this too long so I will say the things that sound realistic enough and easy to implement.
1.Make it so every bullet and type of ammoniton the cops have is made of rubber and applies the slow debuff.Also make the slow effects stack. 1 hit-10% ; 2 hits-20% 3 hits-30%... and so forth.

2.Remove Kill Arrest from the game as it is completely unnececary and frustrating.

3.Think of a punishment for the guys selling drugs to cops near the bank entrances.

I had a lot more things in mind when I made this topic but if we can discuss these 2 things for now, who knows maybe there will come a time for the other ideas to be added.

Everything below is simply ideas to be discussed as they are not yet ready to be considered suggestions for implementation.

The one thing I had in mind when I made this topic was the creation of a gauge/meter which pops up when a cop is nearby a person with stars. I had the idea that instead of insta jailing them, filling up the meter by damaging/tazing/beating them up would create a time window in which A:The person could fight back B:The cop would fill up the meter which would immobilize the player and make him vulnerable to another mechanic that I thought could be implemented, namely the handcuffs. When a player's hands are cuffed he is sent to jail. The cuffing should take no more than 2 seconds and once it is done you are teleported to the nearest jail. Now here are some suggestions as to how the gauge should fill up:

Batton: 35-40-45% on hit fill. For many years the batton has been the strongest weapon if a certain criteria is met(having stars) and having it fill up the gauge by this much should keep the feel of it being a powerful tool for arresting people.( Also this is fair because it is a melee weapon)

Tazer: 30-35% fill / 30% on hit slow. Since you are basically shot with electricity the slow should be greater than the one you recieve by rubber ammo.

Every other weapon: 10-15-20% on hit fill / 5-10-15% on hit slow. You are getting hit by rubber at high velocity, getting hit alot hurts more, simple logic.

Kill arrest was made to balance the ability to stop brs and JBs and since you get 50% from your jail time ain't broken
If you wanna punish people selling drugs to cops then all should be punished since it's still illigal drugs so he should be getting wanted for selling to cops or crims

1. If all bullets are rubber for cops, it would be impossible to stop any SR in the future. 20+ Crims camping the roof with automatic and animation freezing weapons would be unstopable.

2. Pretty much same as above, how are cops supposed to stop BR and JR? Both of them have narrow chokepoints that already give advantage to the defenders. Becoming unable to kill them would mean that no BR and JB will be stopped anymore.

3. Personally havn't seen this one but most cops I've seen just stay at the entrance to catch crims running out, so it wouldn't change much

@GirlyPrimis said in Bringing balance to SAES and improving some RP elements:

1. If all bullets are rubber for cops, it would be impossible to stop any SR in the future. 20+ Crims camping the roof with automatic and animation freezing weapons would be unstopable.

2. Pretty much same as above, how are cops supposed to stop BR and JR? Both of them have narrow chokepoints that already give advantage to the defenders. Becoming unable to kill them would mean that no BR and JB will be stopped anymore.

3. Personally havn't seen this one but most cops I've seen just stay at the entrance to catch crims running out, so it wouldn't change much

also i dont mind kill arrest or the other shit,
but cops camping marker (catching just the running out) but in real instant tazing at marker, whilest joe adminjails crimes for standing after the glas thing.. this shit need to be changed, either crines gets marker protection from tazer or adminjail the cops for "catching criminals running out" also marker camping, and iam talking about squad members that do that

All your idea is suck, rubber bullet? Wtf dont be selfish even 2 people at sr will be hard for you to climb bcs u will killed before you could climb the store. Remove killing arrest? It will make it impossible for cops to arrest in jail, use your brain brat cops cant sell drug,arm, cops cant sell anything... You think cops is op? Use your brain not your fucking selfish desire. Your idea will make lot people espesially cops quit from this server!

@Bartman said in Bringing balance to SAES and improving some RP elements:

also i dont mind kill arrest or the other shit,
but cops camping marker (catching just the running out) but in real instant tazing at marker, whilest joe adminjails crimes for standing after the glas thing.. this shit need to be changed, either crines gets marker protection from tazer or adminjail the cops for "catching criminals running out" also marker camping, and iam talking about squad members that do that

Crims do have a small amount of taser protection when running out of a marker (most noticeable in Jail). The problem is the lenght of the protection. Having longer protection would break other marker locations

This is too much, are you trying to ruin the server? You said you never got any br? Then it mean you are real noob even my granny can play better... Even if I play as criminal it will be not fun and challenging without cops, when you kill a pro player or you get jailed actually that what make SAES different and fun than any other server. And you know what? Criminal will wanking on the sr without doing nothing and cops suffer and the cops role should be changed to beggar o.o!

Please dont underestimated cops job, it was not easy and profitable as you though, sometime you chase criminal very far and what you got is only death,destroyed car or worse your car turn pink and sometime u taze or hit with nightstick had no effect because the fps of the criminal or the cop itself. ;)

I have no idea why, but my post was deleted. :thinking_face:
Nah, -1.

It doesn't make sense for a taser to slow you down, instead of actually getting you down. As for the kill-arrest, it's definitly broken when 1/2 of the cops actually abuse the marker whenever they enter the jail and play it like rambo, staying there and spamming as much as possible, as they're under marker protection. And also, to be honest, before the kill-arrest got added, jailbreaks weren't difficult to be stopped as a cop, as long as you have some good amount of experienced buddies with you, but I don't mind it anyways.

As for the criminals or gang members that manage to sell drugs in front of the bank, well, in my opinion, the gang that BRs (or their allies) must be able to DM that person, as it's just a cuntish move to sell drugs to the incoming cops.

@Cappo said in Bringing balance to SAES and improving some RP elements:

Nah, -1.

It doesn't make sense for a taser to slow you down, instead of actually getting you down. As for the kill-arrest, it's definitly broken when 1/2 of the cops actually abuse the marker whenever they enter the jail and play it like rambo, staying there and spamming as much as possible, as they're under marker protection. And also, to be honest, before the kill-arrest got added, jailbreaks weren't difficult to be stopped as a cop, as long as you have some good amount of experienced buddies with you, but I don't mind it anyways.

As for the criminals or gang members that manage to sell drugs in front of the bank, well, in my opinion, the gang that BRs (or their allies) must be able to DM that person, as it's just a cuntish move to sell drugs to the incoming cops.

The second part applies to crims too, a few days ago kept going into the marker, threw a nade and went back inside. Rinse and repeat.

The problem is the interior of the Prison. I often had the problem that I get pushed back into the marker by spawning cops, or warp myself out by accident while trying to move and aim.

if the interior changes and doesn't make it so that crims have a clear PoV towards the marker, it would also stop Marker Abusing on both sides.

Nah, -1.

The second part applies to crims too, a few days ago kept going into the marker, threw a nade and went back inside. Rinse and repeat.

The problem is the interior of the Prison. I often had the problem that I get pushed back into the marker by spawning cops, or warp myself out by accident while trying to move and aim.

if the interior changes and doesn't make it so that crims have a clear PoV towards the marker, it would also stop Marker Abusing on both sides.

Eh, I can't really compare the criminal "marker abusing", as I highly doubt that it could be considered as an abuse, as we're not arresting anyone. I mean, it takes less than 5 seconds for a cop to respawn and get back to spamming bullets or their nightstick in the corridor, as for the crims, it takes minimum 200 seconds, which is.. meh.

Nah, -1.

Eh, I can't really compare the criminal "marker abusing", as I highly doubt that it could be considered as an abuse, as we're not arresting anyone. I mean, it takes less than 5 seconds for a cop to respawn and get back to spamming bullets or their nightstick in the corridor, as for the crims, it takes minimum 200 seconds, which is.. meh.

During a Jailbreak there isn't really much of a 200s rule. It's almost exactly like cops, since the doors will be opne anyway

No

:::

Besides how you just said "SWAT Troopers and DE Agents" that gave me the whole idea without continuing reading, You have no idea wtf you saying.

You said you have just returned after a long break, well welcome back but don't rush your decisions on a few BR/SRs you managed to witness.

DE can be excluded from the topic, as we barely show up unless numerous CLOs present or if they using duals and such stuff, and usually we only respond to BR/JBs cuz I don't think anyone gives a damn about SRs (waste of time).

Removing kill arrest and using the old traditional way of rushing in like chicken inside jail all at once to die at instance waving nightstick like retards? not a great idea. Criminals always outnumber cops in JBs, and it's not usually that easy to even kill arrest them, even if u kill them, they spawn back inside and start shooting so .. useless (Don't need to mention the small box cops stand in after the corridor gate with trainees hitting you and pushing you, nightmare)

Think of drugs to cops as adrenaline and not speed drugs.
Cops outnumbered, criminals using speed. Think of one possible alternate that cops can use at that very moment that can help us clear the jail.

:::

Take more time to experience SAES now (2019/2020) not when you used to play, things change, and you will never be able to balance cop/crim side.

("improving some RP elements") nice joke, welcome back

Well, it was worth the try and I am glad I got to hear so many different opinions on the subject. Marko is right, I should spend more time getting adjusted to the changes y'all have been playing with for years now. I can't just come back and remake the whole game :). See you online mates. This thread can be officialy closed for now.

returning with different opinion on the server helps us improve and modernise the server rather than listening to the most active players, some of who have no need for changes and just wants to go about their lives.
I would appreciate if you would leave the thread up until developers comes with a conclusion on what to do next, but it's ultimately your choice to archive.
Archived on request, can be moved back if needed

moved back on OP request

I would really like for players to share their ideas and recent experiences in the server. This way we could work together to better the community. Balancing SAES is not achieved by removing or adding one thing, it's a constant effort to keep everything in check, and us sharing our ideas here might just help enough to bring "some" balance to the game we love so much.

A new simple proposal. Improve the tazer in-game model and make it short range(like an actual tazer). Instead of firing rounds make it fire those 2 electrified wires. They hit you>You fall on the ground>You get arrested(that's how it usually goes). But with this change it'll be something like this. 1 cop fires the tazer>You get hit and fall to the ground>Another cop arrests you(because the moment a cop stops holding the tazer and switches to the batton the stun goes away after 1 second)

@Addicted-Cookie said in Bringing balance to SAES and improving some RP elements:

A new simple proposal. Improve the tazer in-game model and make it short range(like an actual tazer). Instead of firing rounds make it fire those 2 electrified wires. They hit you>You fall on the ground>You get arrested(that's how it usually goes). But with this change it'll be something like this. 1 cop fires the tazer>You get hit and fall to the ground>Another cop arrests you(because the moment a cop stops holding the tazer and switches to the batton the stun goes away after 1 second)

1 cop fires the tazer>You fall on the ground>Another cop arrests you,
HAHA nice suggestion
alt text