The absurdity of SAES patch changes (cops, taser vs m4, ping)

kajobecha2

Question

~[At the beginning I would like to thank the Programmer and administrators for taking care of our server. :) It gives us a lot of joy and you deserve respect, but:]~(orange,red,blueviolet,navy) @SAES-Developer

PING ~[Lets start ping players and the server. This is one of the main arteries of our gameplay. Ping is like time in the real world, it should be equal for everyone, but he is not.]~(purple,maroon,orange)

alt text
VS___

alt text

Explanation Problem 1: ~[The negative effects of having a large ping are felt by all people playing on the server. Shots fired from m4 are uneven, dense, and their flight path cannot be predicted. In the case of a sniper rifle, the arrows converge and cause permanent stunning, sometimes damage can be obtained after escaping around the corner.]~(maroon,sienna,green,sienna,teal,green,maroon)

alt text
alt text
Who doesn't like the ping of CDC members? sometimes a hit is not enough (blood after zooming in on the picture) (This is in the form of a joke, not personally.). :stuck_out_tongue:

Explanation Problem 2: ~[Big ping causes and multiplies bugs in using basic weapons not only m4, snipe and combat shotgun but also like a taser: There are several situations when the taser does not work: If someone make a jump, at the beginning of the animation and at the end of it is '' resistant '', if someone is too close to the policeman who makes the shot, or just someone has ping 300+ and use telerpots. My stun gun is too short range. To effectively incapacitate such a person. The officer must shoot in the shadow of that person where she was 2 seconds ago, not where she is now. Sometimes you can observe swimming on the floor or dmg from the air.]~(maroon,green,sienna,teal,maroon,sienna,green)

alt text

Recent changes 1: ~[During using m4, combat shotgun, snipe intensify all these bugs and add new ones. A person who have a ping when using a sniper rifle or shotgun muffles a policeman in such a way that he cannot make a move. When using Spachoron for jumping on sr. He feels like a criminal who has 20 policemen next to him. One shot stuns me for the next shot, which is as if I had died of one shot in my direction. Bah! In such a sytiation, the Criminalist has an easier ;) ... Half of the Tasers will make a bugs when shooting in favor of the criminal. Policeman has to fight criminals ping and even clever maneuvering equals receiving dmg.]~(sienna,olive,maroon,teal,sienna,green,sienna)

M4 can kill Policeman during 2s.

Combat shotgun - Policeman is stun in 50% of cases '' One shot = die ''
Snipe - Policeman is stun in 50% of cases '' One shot = die ''
Where is Skill here?

More bugs to the detriment of policemen:

~[1. I used a police stick x2: A Groove stood there unhindered.]~(orange,lime)
alt text
2. ~[What to do in such cases? Now there is a new bug '' the criminal is wedging in the vehicle wreck '' - recently Licano had such a bug. : D]~(orange,lime)
alt text
3. ~[Police truncheon does not work in 50% like someone '' levitating above the ground after using a]~(yellow,green) taser ''.
4. ~[The police baton does not work sometime as someone reloads the gun, or runs.]~(yellow,lime)

Summary:

1. ~[Where is the skill here?

2. For so many years, no one has changed shotugn, snipe, m4 on such a scale. Suddenly, as most SAES members passed into the life of criminals, there is no one to defend the Policemans against such absurd ideas.

3. There is no point in doing a simple questionnaire '' Do you want to kill policemen in 2 seconds '' - Yes! "Most are criminals"]~(maroon,olive,green,sienna,green,sienna,sienna,maroon,maroon,maroon,green)

~[If you want the police not to take over all the SR, motivate some criminals to act, there are often AFK on SR.]~(maroon,blue)
alt text

~[Introduce reasonable solutions regarding squads and the number of policemen, so that there are not too many of them in a certain period of time.]~(blue,maroon,sienna,navy)
alt text

Thank you @ESO , @Piem , @Licano for your help in this matter

@Bartman I tested it a few hours ago with your friend from a gang @SWEMAN . :) Every day I test it with @Yoko_Kurama , @Licano and @Kybali0n . I mean, the m4 works almost like Shotgun, only faster and you have 50 cartridges. The time to shoot in the face is the same as for the shotgun. Only here it is easier to hit x8 because the m4 has more cartridges and shoots like a possessed.

so, you are asking to kick latinos from the server because they are lagging? or because u can't hit a taser? + let's not talk about the cs,m4 dmg because they are nothing compared to the 'sniper taser ' you guys ( cops ) use.

@XpookS, @Bone No!, lol, in this case 35% of players could not play. I just want to return to the previous balance and fix the mistakes. Ping is a real problem and it will always be., so why did the m4 snipe and shotgun get improvements? If we know that everything that works faster is works badly or have more bugs. The previous balance was good, it was enough to fix the basic bugs. Now the balance is fatal and multiplies with existing bugs and is fatal if your opponent has a big ping.

@kajobecha2 said in The absurdity of SAES patch changes (cops, taser vs m4, ping):

~[At the beginning I would like to thank the Programmer and administrators for taking care of our server. :) It gives us a lot of joy and you deserve respect, but:]~(orange,red,blueviolet,navy) @SAES-Developer

PING ~[Lets start ping players and the server. This is one of the main arteries of our gameplay. Ping is like time in the real world, it should be equal for everyone, but he is not.]~(purple,maroon,orange)

alt text
VS___

alt text

hope you do realize that not everyone has top-notch internet speed... The server is hosted in UK-London and the people you circle of having "bad" ping are people from south-America( known for its bad internet ) and Tunisia ( known for its low internet speed )

@kajobecha2 said in The absurdity of SAES patch changes (cops, taser vs m4, ping):

@Ronnie https://saesrpg.uk/topic/11230/the-absurdity-of-saes-patch-changes-cops-taser-vs-m4-ping/5 About that. I believe in your reading skills. If there is a language error somewhere, let me know. This is a fair topic based on arguments. ^^

arguments? what arguments? You literally can't do anything to change people's ping.

Also, all the buffs to weapons affect cops just as much as they affect criminals, because guess what? Everyone uses weapons.
So this is a meaningless topic.

@Bone, @Ronnie In Saes There are x4 more criminals and it can't be that there are 3 cops and 12 criminals are shooting in them and one policeman is killed in 2 seconds. This is absurd. The criminal game is by definition based on cooperation. For example: I can do sr myself :) And you don't. I can do Br myself, and you can't, That's why there are more of you. I just don't understand why if I have 10 criminals ahead of me, anyone can kill me like rag, especially those who have ping. A policeman makes money by arresting, not killing. Criminals kill to earn. It's the difference. Read what I wrote to XpookS.

@Bone, @Ronnie In Saes There are x4 more criminals and it can't be that there are 3 cops and 12 criminals are shooting in them and one policeman is killed in 2 seconds. This is absurd. The criminal game is by definition based on cooperation. For example: I can do sr myself :) And you don't. I can do Br myself, and you can't, That's why there are more of you. I just don't understand why if I have 10 criminals ahead of me, anyone can kill me like rag, especially those who have ping. A policeman makes money by arresting, not killing. Criminals kill to earn. It's the difference. Read what I wrote to XpookS.

So your issue is that there are more criminals then cops right now ? it is understandable you get outplayed by 10 criminals if you are a solo cop ?

Do not reach for manipulative turns. You understand what I mean, @Bone . That's right, it bothers me that someone came up with such an idea to improve the m4, sniper rifle and combat shotgun. This is completely illogical and absurd. More it brings problems and multiplies mistakes. Nobody changed it for so many years? Suddenly, like most admins join to to Crim live, someone want change it ?? Exactly at night it's just me from my squad as with SAFP, sometimes it's Kellerman. In 2 we have to fight with 15 criminals, half of whom have 200 ping plus. None of the SAES members have predicted this? Why the hell did nobody ask the police officers for their opinions,
Who feel it every day on their own ass
Nori 30k arrests, I 20k? You don't have anyone to ask?

@NanoBob No? Just fire up a video from Saes from 4 months back. Turf, patrol. Start the stopwatch and see how the m4 works, How much time you shoot all the ammunition, the combat shotgun is slower, the sound itself is different on video.

We can assure you nothing has changed weapon wise on our end. it might be MTA that updated said things?

@Blade https://youtu.be/U1l1_pCR7vE look that Video and 1:20m In my stopper: Combat shotgun: The new animation takes to fire all poses 2.2s, and the old one is 2.4s , In addition, the range of Combat shotgun has increased and '' side dmg '' if someone hits lightly next to you get all the Dmg, not the part as it used to be. You can receive a part, but someone has to miss very much.

@bazuka36 I don't think the drug has anything to do with the range and area of the shot. But in fact more criminals have been using drugs lately. I will be grateful if any Programmer will check it realistically, because something is wrong. By the way, I hope that the mistakes I mentioned here will be fixed and not skipped. ^_^

@bazuka36 I don't think the drug has anything to do with the range and area of the shot. But in fact more criminals have been using drugs lately. I will be grateful if any Programmer will check it realistically, because something is wrong. By the way, I hope that the mistakes I mentioned here will be fixed and not skipped. ^_^

I've checked the commit history. No changes were made to weapon stats.

@NanoBob So why does the shotgun really have greater range and the animation goes faster? When using snipe, the pause is shorter, and m4 kills in 2s, the same m4 where once people claimed to be hopeless, because you have to shoot for a long time to kill something.

Second thing: mistakes, I think I wrote them all very nicely. Have we now realistically recognized that there are bugs in the base of the game and it would be useful to fix it, because a high pingwith which we do nothing will intensify these errors?

@NanoBob So why does the shotgun really have greater range and the animation goes faster? When using snipe, the pause is shorter, and m4 kills in 2s, the same m4 where once people claimed to be hopeless, because you have to shoot for a long time to kill something.

Second thing: mistakes, I think I wrote them all very nicely. Have we now realistically recognized that there are bugs in the base of the game and it would be useful to fix it, because a high pingwith which we do nothing will intensify these errors?

Ugh ugh ever heard of drugs(speed)?

i somewhat understand your frustration i've looked closely on the youtube vid you shared and even played it on low speed and spotted that the guy you mention at 1:20 is being shot from 2 angles ( left side theres another TT member) also basing it on blood impact.
This would indeed confirm that it looks like he gets shot faster but in reallity hes shot from 2 sides doubling the damage done

e2e851d1-e55e-4fb0-9190-7ef3f0ce6fb0-image.png

https://i.gyazo.com/49600959d127f912453c1db7f3b6abfd.mp4

Regardless of how the weapons 'act', you cannot fix the ping of players playing over great distances.

The server also has 'bullet_sync' turned on, but again requires more bandwidth.

Regardless of what you do to the weapons, if the 'ping' is stopping you from acquiring a 'hit', it will happen regardless of range or speed of the weapon.
The weapons act the same on all people, so if you hit 'stunned' by a sniper or shotgun blast, it's also gonna happen for everyone else.

Again, there is nothing we can do about people lagging.

Play smarter, not harder.

We have two pages of this topic and the only person complaining about it is you.

@Bone @Brophy I mean the scene after that. How TT shoots in Curvy. How long does it take for TT to shoot all its magazine? Also look at Curvi's movements despite the dmg received are smooth, and shotgun injuries focus exactly at the target. And now these arrows are more diffused, easier to hit.