chanching one rule (poll)

Bartman

Question

as there was this topic https://saesrpg.uk/topic/10533/can-any-one-help-in-this-rule-please/21 results, i wanted ask about chanching one rule (or exeption to existing rules).

the scenaria:
-you driving with your car to race/carshow/whatever. ak you need your car for the stuff you are planing to do

-one guy steals your car & drives away to modshop for pinking/remooving v8/awd

-you want your car back but cant respawn from disc, so you have to damage your own car to get your own car back. ak wasting time & money

-your car burns, and the carstealer can walk away without fearing getting killed (or legit reporting if getting killed as DM)

the suggestion of rulechange/adding exeption for existing rule:
-carstealer going out of your car because car starts burning after carowner damaged it to get it back

-carowner is allowed to legit DM carstealer directly after he leave your burning car
(only directly after leaving car, not mins later or something like that)

why change this rule? because carstealers shouldnt just go away without consiquences, carstealers can waste your time/money & v8/awd.

pls vote & comment with reasons for your decision

18 answers to this question

I voted keep the rules as changing it will give people more reasons to start DM wars and discussions.

And you're kind of responsible for the vehicles you leave behind as there's a lock funcion.
(and theres not really a diffrence between shooting your car to get it back or some other person f*ing it up with their shitty driving, you'll have to fetch a diffrent one either way)

That's my point of view though

@all who tell just to lock car..
-let some mate in your car? carstealer!
-turfwars hospital respawn? carstealer!
-quickly leaving car because pigs arresting your mate? carstealer!
-accidently rolling on floor instead going out like a humman? carstealer!
-bad ping/time out? carstealer!
-random poor men asking to take him to sr? carstealer!
-carstealer? trivago!

I'm pretty sure the current rule allows some interpretations regarding what can and cannot be considered as deathmatch. If you ask me, I would not see these kinds of scenarios as deathmatch, however there could be other clan members/staff members with their own interpretation of the scenario. I think there should be no addition to the rule or change towards it but a pronouncement from HQ's regarding how the rule should be applied in those scenarios you just brought up (Car stealers). So there will be a known preceding decision towards the matter and an example on how a SAES/Staff should deal with these situations.

I agree with the suggestion. if you're actively chasing down the carjacker, you should be allowed to harm/kill him. common sense should be applied to judge whether the victim was actively chasing the carjacker or if excessive time passed since, in other words DM.

It won't sound like a good idea once you start getting adminjailed for deathmatching someone, because there will be no way to prove that a car ever existed.
You are honestly digging your own grave here.

@DROT said in chanching one rule (poll):

It won't sound like a good idea once you start getting adminjailed for deathmatching someone, because there will be no way to prove that a car ever existed.
You are honestly digging your own grave here.

you've got the plate and red marker on radar indicating it's your car, this car be used as evidence against a report of the carjacker being 'deathmatched' and treat it as false reporting

@Tut-Greco said in chanching one rule (poll):

you've got the plate and red marker on radar indicating it's your car, this car be used as evidence against a report of the carjacker being 'deathmatched' and treat it as false reporting

Given that you killed the carjacker away from the car, there is no evidence of car in report that the carjacker submits. So unless you actually make sure to remember and take screenshot of the carjacker while they're still in your car, before you go on to shoot them dead, you're likely to have a bad time.

I don't know about you but I'd rather play the game without having to take screenshots before I do something just to avoid getting adminjailed while realistically I broke no rules. With current report system, it is evident that you are unable to determine whether the person was in a car before they were killed, if the killing happened away from the car.

While I don't personally have anything against the idea itself, when I put "being able to kill carjacker" in one hand and "complicated reports for admins to resolve, high risk of adminjailing innocent players and a DM excuse" in the other, one outweights the other by far.

Why would u DM the carstealer when u are going to blow up your own car anyways to dm him? do u consider this as a ''revenge''? he didn't hurt you so why would you?

As DROT said I'm maybe against this because the report shit will be just so messed up.

+1.

It makes sense and pretty much everyone experienced that his car getting stolen, pinked and getting the fuel tank emptied. :muchlol: :haha:

So if I am chasing someone actively to get my own vehicle back, of course I will probably kill him after I get him off my car.

Although, I agree that if my vehicle got stolen, I respawned it already and I meet the person that stole it in the SR for example and manage to DM him, well yeah, that could definitly be considered as DM, because he's no longer inside your property.