A Possible Solution for Main-chat Advertising

ILLUSION

Question

Identifying the Problem

People have been using main-chat frequently for their adverts although it is forbidden. If we think about the reason behind this action, I believe people do not find /ad system striking. It pops up for few seconds in our upper screen and vanishes. Therefore people use main-chat because it draws more attention.

Presenting a Solution

What I suggest to stop main-chat advertising is, we should create an application in our SAES Pad (M Tablet) called "Adverts". So people will make their advertisements there and then other players who are interested in buying something will simply check that application.

Usage of this application for advertisers should cost a fee. For example, you put your advert there and it stays there for 12 hours, which will cost 100K . The appearance of it must be simple to make it easy to use it.

I believe this'd stop main-chat advertisement and it would help alot in player-to-player sales.

13 answers to this question

The idea itself is fine and probably it'll do the job. Furthermore, the advertising fee shouldn't be the same. The advertiser should be able to add different categories for each sell and each section must have a different fee for example car sellers should pay 50K while real estate paying 100k for the advertising.

@Skerdi said in A Possible Solution for Main-chat Advertising:

What about if we would be able to place adverts through billboards around SA too, for a limited time with a fixed fee?

Each billboard advert would require a new shader, each shader would require a new update. So I think it'd not work

@Ted said in A Possible Solution for Main-chat Advertising:

The idea itself is fine and probably it'll do the job. Furthermore, the advertising fee shouldn't be the same. The advertiser should be able to add different categories for each sell and each section must have a different fee for example car sellers should pay 50K while real estate paying 100k for the advertising.

Nice idea!

your idea is good, but i don't know how many would use M panel for it. i would probably not.

@Skerdi said in A Possible Solution for Main-chat Advertising:

What about if we would be able to place adverts through billboards around SA too, for a limited time with a fixed fee?

very good idea, this will invuluntarily be seen rather than having to navigate through a panel to find the advertisements

Ive been suggesting redoing the ad format for some time.

The idea I eventually came to was that anyone who paid for an /ad wouldn't have it pushed off the top bar by anything else until a certain time period

People want it striking as you said and this is the way adverts work probably. Thinking about this solution, it may not be effective and people may still advert in mainchat for the adverts they made in the panel.

Tut: M Panel ADs are live!

ADS
Teddy: kanker kanker kanker kanker kanker kanker kanker kanker kanker kanker
Skerdi: Huge Discount 80% OFF! Purchase your sex slave Odakab for 20K$
so on

While being useful, also an entertaining idea.

YES PLEASE