[Withdrawn]Encouraging people to RP

Predator

Question

As you know SAES:RPG is a RolePlay based Server, unfortunately only few people participate in RPs or even cooperate with cops(example), the Majority RP for personal interests(Promotion for example), but only a minorty RP for fun.

My suggestion is to motivate the players By:

• for each usage of /me or /do the players gets rewarded.

• Reward value: 500$

Pros:

• People become motivated to participate in Roleplays.

• More Cooperation between Cops and Criminals.

• They earn some money so they can refund the time spent.

• Improving Player's English Profiencicy.

Cons: NEIN

8 answers to this question

Honestly, even if I get paid, I won't do something that I don't want to do. If I'm in a mood to do some SRs for example, I'd prefer doing that instead of RPing for money.

I won't even discuss that I can spam /me and /do and abuse the hell out of the idea

I didn't expect this huge feedback, mostly oppositions,
but if you thought deeply guys you'll make a better conclusion, You all concentrated that it may get abused, but forgot the main point,perhaps, it was my fault that i made it quite simple.
"Commun sense is the most limited of all natural resources"
Suggestion withdrawn @SAES-Member feel free to move this topic to archive.

@Riley said in Encouraging people to RP:

This could be easily abused and I'd say people who really want to do RP scenarios will do that even without this smaller reward for it.

Yes, it could be easily abused, btw this suggestion is made for majority that doesn't RP, Read the topic again mate.

@Tut-Greco said in Encouraging people to RP:

^, atleast the proposed system is not ideal to "encourage roleplay", what it does is it encourages spam and doesn't filter out non-rp /me actions.

Maybe it's not ideal because it was so simple.

@Joe said in Encouraging people to RP:

This is a really really terrible idea and does not at all achieve what you think it does.

Also suggesting something and then stating "there are no cons" is mental.

Perhaps it is a terrible idea in your vision and maybe it was so simple too, therefore you made this conclusion.
About "Cons" i cannot deny that i rushed and wrote this suggestion in 3 mins.

@Cappo said in Encouraging people to RP:

Honestly, even if I get paid, I won't do something that I don't want to do. If I'm in a mood to do some SRs for example, I'd prefer doing that instead of RPing for money.

I won't even discuss that I can spam /me and /do and abuse the hell out of the idea

Noone on this earth can satisfy everybody, but he can satisfy the majority.

@Skinnydeads said in Encouraging people to RP:

It's a shame that truckers don't get wanted stars anymore that decreased roleplay with the civilian group significantly.
As to the suggestion, anyone just make a macro and spam /me locally thousands of times a minute for money

Usually the truckers are more cooperative than the criminals and that was a great loss.

@Laza said in Encouraging people to RP:

This ain't that bad idea, at least something good to suggest to increase roleplaying on the server, but however as those people said above, it can be easily get abused.

I want to to thank you, because you are one of the minorty that thought deeply before reacting.

@Reggi said in Encouraging people to RP:

uhoh need to pay for a bribe damnit! /do looks in his wallet /do finds no cash /do puts wallet back OH there we go. Banger idea

hahaha, you made me laugh
that was ridiculous.