Your opinions on Game of Thrones ending?

BusterMcBadass

The series just ended for good. :cry:
Most of the people hated the last season and some enjoyed it. What do you think? Was this a worthy ending for such a series?
I personally would have enjoyed 2 more seasons that would be able to give each character the proper development instead of such a rushy final season.
How do you guys feel?

i blame D.Weiss & D.Benioff for that
they had enough material for 5 more seasons, G.R.R himself wanted it to go at least to season 10, but they decided to wrap it up and end it regardless thus they took massive shortcuts to save time. basically they crammed a 40 episodes material (seasons 7 to 10) into ONLY 13 episode (7&8) .. so no wonder the result is an unconvincing pure nonsense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnHduM9tIUk

the shortcuts D&D took spoiled the story for us and ruined the greatest show of all time. all GoT die hard fans like myself can wait and hope for now is the 5 prequels G.R.R said he have, "Bloodmoon" started casting already and thankfully D&D ain't taking part in it

@ESO said in Your opinions on Game of Thrones ending?:

i blame D.Weiss & D.Benioff for that
they had enough material for 5 more seasons, G.R.R himself wanted it to go at least to season 10, but they decided to wrap it up and end it regardless thus they took massive shortcuts to save time. basically they crammed a 40 episodes material (seasons 7 to 10) into ONLY 13 episode (7&8) .. so no wonder the result is an unconvincing pure nonsense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnHduM9tIUk

the shortcuts D&D took spoiled the story for us and ruined the greatest show of all time. all GoT die hard fans like myself can wait and hope for now is the 5 prequels G.R.R said he have, "Bloodmoon" started casting already and thankfully D&D ain't taking part in it

imo, I guess it wasn't D&D fault, instead it was HBO's.
killing a dragon from the episode 4 and not showing Ghost so much proves that the budget that HBO gave to the show wasnt that much

@Jesse421 said in Your opinions on Game of Thrones ending?:

imo, I guess it wasn't D&D fault, instead it was HBO's.
killing a dragon from the episode 4 and not showing Ghost so much proves that the budget that HBO gave to the show wasnt that much

nope
https://www.thedailybeast.com/game-of-thrones-finale-2018-how-much-will-it-cost
season 8 had the top budget of any season before and even more than any other shows, it had 4 episodes less than season 6 for example yet season 6 is much more better than this one

@BusterMcBadass said in Your opinions on Game of Thrones ending?:

@Jesse421 You dont need a big ass budget to make a good ass story. I read somewhere that HBO was willing to let them continue with more seasons but they didnt. Fuck D&D for ruining my favorite show of all time.

because season 6 was great even tho RR Martin wasn't in the writing team
its weird how they write such a shit like season 7/8

@Jesse421 said in Your opinions on Game of Thrones ending?:

@BusterMcBadass said in Your opinions on Game of Thrones ending?:

@Jesse421 You dont need a big ass budget to make a good ass story. I read somewhere that HBO was willing to let them continue with more seasons but they didnt. Fuck D&D for ruining my favorite show of all time.

because season 6 was great even tho RR Martin wasn't in the writing team
its weird how they write such a shit like season 7/8

If Im not wrong, even though he didnt write any episode specifically, he guided D&D through the making of the story

Not a very surprising ending to be honest. To me was always clear that one of them (trying not to spoil much, if by some reason some tard opens this topic before watching the episode) would kill the other.

But removing some episodes, or better yet some scenes of some episodes, the last 2 seasons were a bit disappointing. Very fast storytelling that can get messy at some points. I'm not sure about 10 seasons because I'd rather have 8 seasons (with decent storytelling) than 10 with just nonsense and useless story parts, but I do agree that they had more than enough material to, at least, add a couple more episodes for each of the last two seasons.

Everything has an end eventually and all we can wait for is that they do some decent spin-offs with the rest of the material they have.

last season was complete shit unlogicall..
dragon flys over clouds & arrows hits him like it have autoaim, not to mention how slow this things are rotated + its on water with waves. next episode they are to dumb to hit dragon without waves & without any clouds like where thefuck is logic nigga? also fight against winterlord, nothing can see, shitty quality & most idiotic strategys. there could be atleast one whoole season for the winterlord & one for cersei. the only fight i really enjoyed was the one with the bigass gollumface vs the flammedface. nd john snow dialogs from whoole season was shorter than my comment here.
also brann "i never wanted become king of north"
you want be king of whoole 7 kingslands? y sure bitch, why do you think i let myself fall down & sit arround for ages like an stoned zombi?

also not to mention how poorly the last season was made, with the time of 2 whoole years, saw some shows that had alot better ending season & needed less than a year to finish + had less budge

also i will wait for brazzer version of last season, will probably be better than original