Bad News for Marsello ( click here to read and vote i Marsello need join any gang/squad or no )

Marsello

@Thing said in Bad News for Marsello ( click here to read and vote i Marsello need join any gang/squad or no ):

As I am a student who is doing research on a daily basis, I will present to you Trompenaars Cultural Dimensions. In this case, Universalism vs Particularism.

alt text

As you can see, Tut has applied particularism (which is very unusual for his culture). Because of that, he now has caused one of his members to become angry since he feels discriminated, which is totally understandable.
Now you may see why I do not like the actions that Tut took, even though he had good intentions.

Now I would like to ask you all who replied here. How is it fair to take Marsello into SAPA like that, if people were laughing at this guy for being friendly and actually asking for the opportunity to be tested? For me, that is hypocritical behaviour from most of you. Therefore, I do not see what the problem is with my approach in recruiting people in a fair way since as you can see in the quoted post above, only causes indifference, discrimination and angry members.

if i ran a cattle farm housing 20 employees, i would hire the homeless lad from the pub as apprentice, giving him a paycheck to look forward to and show what life is all about. this is the mindset i have about helping. even if those 20 employees may get salty, i would tell them it's the best thing i could do to save this man's life
all of this really boils down to helping those who are in need and making exceptions if need be.
i dont understand why any of my cadets would feel salty over this. i mean come on, this guy needed love from someone and he was given it. for you Side, i'm sorry that you had to spend 3 months on joining something like SAPA.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tut-Greco said in Bad News for Marsello ( click here to read and vote i Marsello need join any gang/squad or no ):

@Thing said in Bad News for Marsello ( click here to read and vote i Marsello need join any gang/squad or no ):

As I am a student who is doing research on a daily basis, I will present to you Trompenaars Cultural Dimensions. In this case, Universalism vs Particularism.

alt text

As you can see, Tut has applied particularism (which is very unusual for his culture). Because of that, he now has caused one of his members to become angry since he feels discriminated, which is totally understandable.
Now you may see why I do not like the actions that Tut took, even though he had good intentions.

Now I would like to ask you all who replied here. How is it fair to take Marsello into SAPA like that, if people were laughing at this guy for being friendly and actually asking for the opportunity to be tested? For me, that is hypocritical behaviour from most of you. Therefore, I do not see what the problem is with my approach in recruiting people in a fair way since as you can see in the quoted post above, only causes indifference, discrimination and angry members.

if i ran a cattle farm housing 20 employees, i would hire the homeless lad from the pub as apprentice, giving him a paycheck to look forward to and show what life is all about. this is the mindset i have about helping. even if those 20 employees may get salty, i would tell them it's the best thing i could do to save this man's life
all of this really boils down to helping those who are in need and making exceptions if need be.
i dont understand why any of my cadets would feel salty over this. i mean come on, this guy needed love from someone and he was given it. for you Side, i'm sorry that you had to spend 3 months on joining something like SAPA.

That is the worst comparison I have ever seen. Marsello is not homeless. He is just using the excuse of leaving the server to get a simple invite. You fell for that and now he is part of SAPA. I understand why your cadet is angry at you now, you have treated him unfairly opposed to Marsello. There is no defence you can use in this case why Marsello deserves an unequal treatment over all of your other cadets and I still do not see the point you are trying to make here. You are not saving someone's life, you are ruining it by creating unequal opportunities.

@kipt said in Bad News for Marsello ( click here to read and vote i Marsello need join any gang/squad or no ):

@Thing just don't compare CLO to either SAPA or gangs / squads. CLO was, from the start, a group to gather the 'best' criminals on the server, not to teach people how to behave in the server.

Now about Tuts inviting him to SAPA, it's between him and his HQ team. Has nothing to do with "particularism" but the fact he felt bad for the guy. Pretty sure if he keeps with his random attitude in SAPA, Tut will be the first to kick him out.

But it is just a game right? We should give everyone an opportunity to join and prove themselves. Also, CLO is mostly full of friends and not the ''best'' criminals in the server. If you are not affiliated with any of the members you will never get in.

Do you see how ridiculous this looks? That is basically what other people are saying to me when I am treating applicants fairly.

Also, about particularism. That is exactly what particularism means, so not sure what you want to achieve with this saying that it has nothing to do with it.

im not comparing marsello's situation to the real life situation, i am comparing my mindset about helping through irl and ig. i might not have elaborated myself properly on that one. whether he was actually leaving or not, i know his record on the server and understand how it affects his chances in joining orgs, that's partially why i let him in. and no i can't think of any defense to the discrimination, this is what happens whenever a system changes, in this case we are today drastically lowering our entry-application standards so that (mostly) anyone has a chance. if our new system was made before Side's join date, i can assure you he would not have complained. but unfortunately that's what happens when a system is nerfed/tweaked. on games people will also fill that way when a requirement to get something is removed or nerfed.
i don't think i am ruining his life or position here in the community by inviting him to my group. i am taking care of a loner and giving him a place to start, a place where he can be sure that his HQ understands his situation and wants to help him out of it. get over it men, no need to be so serious, enjoy your day

I was a Sergeant before SAPA converting into a group.After that, everyone got added expect me.I annoyed several times a HQ to add me but he was like "I am busy right now".After a while, he made a topic on SAPA forums for it.I saw the topic and closed the PC real quick because i had to go.After an hour I pmed that HQ about it via phone on discord (could access on forums).He told me that I was demoted to Corporal(Corporal<Sergeant) for not understanding things.Sorry for being off-topic but all I can say is that SAPA does not actually give opportunities to succeed.They just wanted to convert into a group.The most annoying thing into this story is that SAPA's HQ team was carrying about members before converting.After making it into a group, they weren't giving a fuck about it.(I left SAPA after demoting because I understood how much un-fair was that shit)

@SideSwipe said in Bad News for Marsello ( click here to read and vote i Marsello need join any gang/squad or no ):

I dont understand i should happy or sad
Happy for oh god Tut is awesome him helping sever as players.
Sad for what the SAPA now so easy to join
Apply for what ? You should made post about quting game. Example 10 players quting game what you gonna do ? Add them to something offical?
Why we not teach him how to play?
Ppl sometime is bad is good and they must have something different BUT THIS IS JUST A GAME SO WHERE IS FAIR? YOU JUST POSTING AND ASKING CRYING AND WILL GET IN TO OFFICAL GANH SQUAD GROUP.
Now i though i see am fool, i shouldn't apply to anything.

And this ladies and gentlemen, is the example of why I do what I do. You might think it is unfair for the new players, but it is actually unfair for people like SideSwipe.

alt text

Also, I would like to address a similar situation that reminds me of this particular one. A member named Tamsou7, who was banned after getting bullied so much that his negative emotions got the better off of him. Yes, his behaviour was bad, but that was influenced by a large number of players in this community.

alt text

alt text

Instead of giving him the opportunity as well, people from higher position in popular gangs, in this case Black Bullets (Nothing personal against you guys, just using you as an example), are making fun of him with memes and impossible waiting times. This is straight up bullying and is even worse than just denying the guy and being straight-forward to them.

It is just a game right? Then why do you guys not start acting fair with everyone instead of only the people you want to. Because that is straight up hypocritical discrimination.

what clo was important earlyer in my eyes, 2 criteria points:
-skilled & experience
-not having an fking carott in the ass

sapa is nowhere to compaare to clo, its a group nowdays (that differs alot to squad earlyer), that trains the nubs to become decent players

its like you compaare how easy its nowdays to get an mcdonalds job vs. how hard its to get an job where some education is needed.
also if someone without any education comes with jogging pants & hoody to job apply for electrician master position, i would laugh at him hard as possible aswell "to rampages noooo post"

also if sapa invites more & easyer the nubs & more helpers beeing in sapa, than we would even have more balanced server soon, gangs doesent have some "sapa" that shows how to become pro crimininal, but as everyone know, we dont need more criminals nowdays anyways. we can even be thankfully that sapa exist, otherwise server balance would be even worse

Now, I was thinking to NOT take any action in this topic, but in my opinion, @Thing 's point is definitly right, but I surely agree with Kipt and Tut, the whole inviting / adding is only up to the SAPA HQ, they can do whatever they want and it's not really our thing to discuss, but the situation that's happening right now is just... ew.

First of all, why would anyone brag about groups, especially how to join them (talking about the ones that are invite - only), its mainly who has more friends over there, yes, not everytime, but in the most of the cases, its like that.

Now, about Marsello's case, god, such a mistake. Now, I pretty much agree that SAPA allows you to become a good cop, but I doubt it would make anyone follow the rules and acting normally.

I'm taking myself for example. During my first months in SAES, I was acting retarded and pretty much had a bad rep. all around the server, I worked on my attitude almost fully alone, there were less then 10 people that were kinda supporting me, but never gave me anything for free, they wanted me to work on it and prove myself. Thats what I did, I worked on my attitude and in no time I joined CC, SAP, SAFD, SWAT...
Now, we all know Marsello's attitude and honestly, I don't he deserves any invitation in any group, squad or a gang. It's not about the adminjails, it's about his childish attitude, in this case, he's the only one that can help to himself, none of us can help him grow up by inviting him in anything, he'll just keep going with all of this retardness, but with one different thing - he will be a member of a group or a gang, so obviously, no differences. cough irony.

Instead of giving whatever you can, have a careful look at the person and think about it, is he worth the attention, as OBVIOUSLY this topic could be renamed to "I'm crying for attention".

@Bartman said in Bad News for Marsello ( click here to read and vote i Marsello need join any gang/squad or no ):

@SideSwipe said in Bad News for Marsello ( click here to read and vote i Marsello need join any gang/squad or no ):

Apply for what ? You should made post about quting game. Example 10 players quting game what you gonna do ? Add them to something offical?
Ppl sometime is bad is good and they must have something different BUT THIS IS JUST A GAME SO WHERE IS FAIR? YOU JUST POSTING AND ASKING CRYING AND WILL GET IN TO OFFICAL GANH SQUAD GROUP.

And this ladies and gentlemen, is the example of why I do what I do. You might think it is unfair for the new players, but it is actually unfair for people like SideSwipe.

alt text

Also, I would like to address a similar situation that reminds me of this particular one. A member named Tamsou7, who was banned after getting bullied so much that his negative emotions got the better off of him. Yes, his behaviour was bad, but that was influenced by a large number of players in this community.

alt text

alt text

Instead of giving him the opportunity as well, people from higher position in popular gangs, in this case Black Bullets (Nothing personal against you guys, just using you as an example), are making fun of him with memes and impossible waiting times. This is straight up bullying and is even worse than just denying the guy and being straight-forward to them.

It is just a game right? Then why do you guys not start acting fair with everyone instead of only the people you want to. Because that is straight up hypocritical discrimination.

-skilled & experience

sapa is nowhere to compaare to clo, its a group nowdays (that differs alot to squad earlyer), that trains the nubs to become decent players

its like you compaare how easy its nowdays to get an mcdonalds job vs. how hard its to get an job where some education is needed.
also if someone without any education comes with jogging pants & hoody to job apply for electrician master position, i would laugh at him hard as possible aswell "to rampages noooo post"

also if sapa invites more & easyer the nubs & more helpers beeing in sapa, than we would even have more balanced server soon, gangs doesent have some "sapa" that shows how to become pro crimininal, but as everyone know, we dont need more criminals nowdays anyways. we can even be thankfully that sapa exist, otherwise server balance would be even worse

Let me defend myself with the regular ''defence'' that people here use.
Why is CLO better than SAPA? It is just a game.
Also ''having an fking carott in the ass''? Weird fantasy you got there mate.

Doesn't matter who he is or what he did, this guy needs an oppurtunity(All humans need a second chance), im sure he's young or he doesn't speak english very well, he is not the only one we have many of this type of players that should be educated somehow, Well all players of saes they we're rookies in the begining, that period is different from person to another due to circumstances and age of the player, so there is 2 kind of players, the first one who adapts fast and the other one who's slow, so most of them they act retarded at the begining breaking rules, annoying other players etc.. so their reputation gets worse and worse,unfortunately, they became outcast in the server.
this guy's goal is to join a gang/squad or whatever, he don't know how im sure he tried but due to his reputation and circumstance he got rejected because he doesn't know the right way to join a gang, noone helped me or told him how he achieve his goals....
I own much respect to @Tut-Greco because he helps those people, even if the new player doesn't speak english he asks another player to translate to him, i've seen that not once or twice, many times, tut is not making an exception for this guy he is just trying to help him, because this guy came here to entertain himself and to have fun, but he's about to quit.. It shouldn't be like that #Peace
please don't go off-topic and take it personal this guy needs help so help him... be a human be yourself

@Bartman said in Bad News for Marsello ( click here to read and vote i Marsello need join any gang/squad or no ):

alt text

alt text

alt text

-skilled & experience

sapa is teaching nubs to become decent players
clo is "searching" this "decent" players
carrot in ass = stock im arsch (german version), google it, to hard to explain what it means, but you talk like you have actually an carott in ass

also trying to explain with real life compaare:
sapa (job argentur fr arbeit) trys to get you an nub-job with low sallery, to teach you something usefull, so you get experience & skills for later, maybe even an education
clo (high paying company like daimler/porschde/bmw) needs someone with experience & skills, searching for this people, not some refuge that cant even talk german

alt text

alt text

alt text

-skilled & experience

carrot in ass = stock im arsch (german version), google it, to hard to explain what it means, but you talk like you have actually an carott in ass

sapa (job argentur fr arbeit) trys to get you an nub-job with low sallery, to teach you something usefull, so you get experience & skills for later, maybe even an education
clo (high paying company like daimler/porschde/bmw) needs someone with experience & skills, searching for this people, not some refuge that cant even talk german

You actually see yourself as a superior player to others? Now it is really time for me to say: IT IS JUST A GAME.

alt text

alt text

alt text

-skilled & experience

CLO is merely a group of friends and totally does not focus on the criteria you mentioned imo, not to forget that the majority of it consists of certain gangs. There are way better criminals skill- and attitude-wise but they're not even in any group, also a reason why people are against the favour towards Marsello which is very nice, but unfair to others in a general sense. Is there even any criteria except for subjective voting?

Coming back to SAPA, I understand your point and I encourage the lower standards, in fact I think any interested 'newbie' cop should be given a chance. So Marsello definitely deserves a shot, but so does anyone who wants to join SAPA, meaning Tut should make a public announcement allowing any interested player with minimum requirements to join SAPA. And that is what people like Thing are trying to say, but funnily noone sees that and are trying to paint him away as a bad guy

alt text

alt text

alt text

-skilled & experience

You actually see yourself as a superior player to others? Now it is really time for me to say: IT IS JUST A GAME.

saying:
"You actually see yourself as a superior player to others? Now it is really time for me to say: IT IS JUST A GAME." = carrot in ass

the only thing i try to be superior is racing, nothing else... just explaining whats difference between clo & sapa.
call of duty is just an game, saes is an rpg game... hells angels wouldnt invite some junky from the streets
in call of duty you get some fking superior gun that can watch thought walls & shit + this gun sprays as hell with most damage that you just jump arround & shoot like an brainless idiot (ye i hate new cod games), thats just an game, but not saes

alt text

alt text

alt text

-skilled & experience

saying:
"You actually see yourself as a superior player to others? Now it is really time for me to say: IT IS JUST A GAME." = carrot in ass

the only thing i try to be superior is racing, nothing else... just explaining whats difference between clo & sapa.
call of duty is just an game, saes is an rpg game... hells angels wouldnt invite some junky from the streets
in call of duty you get some fking superior gun that can watch thought walls & shit + this gun sprays as hell with most damage that you just jump arround & shoot like an brainless idiot (ye i hate new cod games), thats just an game, but not saes

Then why are you calling yourself one of the ''best criminals'', but people who blow you up in turf wars such as Hari from UE is not a part of CLO? Explain that to me please.

Let's crack this thing up a bit.

But it is just a game right? We should give everyone an opportunity to join and prove themselves. Also, CLO is mostly full of friends and not the ''best'' criminals in the server. If you are not affiliated with any of the members you will never get in.

I didn't say that CLO is still recruiting only the 'best' criminals. I said that the fundaments of CLO were to gather the best criminals on the server. If they are doing that or not, that's entirely up to the Jefes.

Do you see how ridiculous this looks? That is basically what other people are saying to me when I am treating applicants fairly.

No clue what you're talking about.

Also, about particularism. That is exactly what particularism means, so not sure what you want to achieve with this saying that it has nothing to do with it.

"(...) while particularism is the belief that circumstances dictate how ideas and practices should be applied."(Wikipedia) - I'm sorry. I got lost on translation and associated particularism with favoritism, my mistake.

@Thing, easy there. If I give you a reason for such players, even tho I don't have any, you'll just ask me about others. However, I could invert the roles and name a few players that aren't CLO even tho they have so-called 'friends' on it.

Again, "that's entirely up to the Jefes".

@kipt said in Bad News for Marsello ( click here to read and vote i Marsello need join any gang/squad or no ):

@Thing, easy there. If I give you a reason for such players, even tho I don't have any, you'll just ask me about others. However, I could invert the roles and name a few players that aren't CLO even tho they have so-called 'friends' on it.

Again, "that's entirely up to the Jefes".

Of course, but that is a contradiction of what Bartman is saying then. I am just trying to point out that most of the arguments people here use are contradictions and in the end, you see that it ends up in a childish discussion.

alt text

alt text

alt text

-skilled & experience

saying:

Then why are you calling yourself one of the ''best criminals'', but people who blow you up in turf wars such as Hari from UE is not a part of CLO? Explain that to me please.

i didnt called myself one of best criminals, specially because you cant be in any way the best criminal without having a team that fights togheter with you. and AA/BB/TT will blow anyone up!
you can be the most skilled guy in saes ever, but if you have the "carrot in your ass", you wont get invited for clo.

alt text

alt text

alt text

-skilled & experience

saying:

i didnt called myself one of best criminals, specially because you cant be in any way the best criminal without having a team that fights togheter with you. and AA/BB/TT will blow anyone up!
you can be the most skilled guy in saes ever, but if you have the "carrot in your ass", you wont get invited for clo.

Stock im arsch means stick in the ass, I do not know where you got carrot from. As a Dutchman I should not have to explain a German his own language. Also, you just admitted that AA, BB and TT will blow up anyone while I was only talking about CLO and individual gang members. Makes me quite suspicious of which people CLO actually selects to join and if that is a fair process at all.