Let's revive the AK! (AK-47 = M4)

I-Gun

Question

''Hello everyone! I had an idea in mind for some time now and wanted to share it with public to see some feedback from our community. As you might probably know, when it comes to cops vs criminals, regardless of whatever side you are at, you probably use M4 as a mid range weapon so I thought why not make it a little bit RP-wise ?

My suggestion is to do some improvements on AK47, set its recoil to the exactly same level of M4, and have 50 rounds in a single magazine. If this suggestion of mine gets implemented, both guns will basicly be the same and the only thing that's gonna be different will be the looks.

alt text

Pros:
Cops can still prefer M4, meanwhile criminals will probably stick with AK-47.
We will get an almost forgotten weapon back in the gameplay again.
Makes much more sense RP-wise.

Cons:
Nothing I can think of''

@SNome said in Let's revive the AK! (AK-47 = M4):

You better off buffing the ak rather then nerfing the m4.

"If you'd increase the damage value of AK-47, effectiveness will start at 12 damage per shot, killing with 9 shots. 13 damage 7 shots, getting strong very quickly. At 7 shots, you'd start to favor ak-47 in long distance fights over sniper, as it's more reliable in lag. (the range of m4&ak47 is 90metres with loc feature sniper has 250 and 300 metres, can explain how it works if you wish."

the thing is, decrasing m4 damage + less bullets/magazin = crimes have it harder as before if looking cops vs. crimes.
i mean cops are & should be more op than crimes because crimes outnumbers cops. but making this will lead in my eyes crimes to only use combat shotgun & sniper, instead ak or m4.
i really dont know how it works with the lag, but from my experience i know that m4 have alot less damage/bullet if targed is just ~50 meters away instead ~20, i preffer even using sniper sometimes just because m4 does almost nothing on long range (i dont want to blame saes, but on other servers i didnt notice this problem). everyone who does shoot at jb with m4 in the long floor, knows how shitty m4 is in longer distance, not even to talk about ak.

what i want to say, making m4 worse = crimes harder life, making ak-47 more damage than m4 = cops harder life.
i would preffer the original topic suggestion just to get ak-47 same as the current m4 = both guns equal = nothing changes besides crimes using ak-47 instead m4. also rp wise better, no side have any cons.

i mean we could try test what bunny suggested for 2 weeks & test the oppesite (also keeping original m4, but increasing ak damage), but at the end it will have cons in one of the sides.

Make them do same damage in same time and same damage for a full magazine.

Example:

M4 has 50 ammo with each 10dmg. Speed is 1 (a relative default)
AK-47 has 30 ammo with each 10dmg. Speed is 1 (a relative default)

50x10=500 and 30x10=300 so AK-47 needs extra 200 damage. 200/30= 6.66 if floats are supported. Make it +7 if floats aren't supported, don't worry there will be a upside of M4 to balance it out.
Now:
AK-47 has 30 ammo with each 17dmg. Speed is 1 so 17dmg each sec.

M4 does 10dmg each sec so multiple it's shooting speed with 1.7 to balance it out. I hope it doesn't do a float on speed-side or floats are accepted.

At last, AK-47 and M4 is doing (almost if AK-47 buff is +7 instead +6.66) same damage in a magazine. M4 shoots faster so cops will be happy to pop criminal vehicles' tyres faster and not a huge bonus against AK-47 so people will like using their RP-friendly part of these assault rifles.

I don't know about recoil and accuracy, take them in account and re-balance if they involve.

@ODAKAB

So AK-47 would kill with 6 shots. It shoots about...5-6 shots per second anyways? Compare it to combat shotty, doing for 40dmg if you hit all pellets. It would buff assault rifles too much. Imagine speed drug with 16% dmg, M4 won't help too much since burst shooting is more effective than spray shooting, only when ur literally next to eachother spraying is effective, and youd rather use cs then

@I-Gun said in Let's revive the AK! (AK-47 = M4):

''Hello everyone! I had an idea in mind for some time now and wanted to share it with public to see some feedback from our community. As you might probably know, when it comes to cops vs criminals, regardless of whatever side you are at, you probably use M4 as a mid range weapon so I thought why not make it a little bit RP-wise ?

My suggestion is to do some improvements on AK47, set its recoil to the exactly same level of M4, and have 50 rounds in a single magazine. If this suggestion of mine gets implemented, both guns will basicly be the same and the only thing that's gonna be different will be the looks.

alt text

Pros:
Cops can still prefer M4, meanwhile criminals will probably stick with AK-47.
We will get an almost forgotten weapon back in the gameplay again.
Makes much more sense RP-wise.

Cons:
Nothing I can think of''

Actually it will be a bad move because as @Tut-Greco said M4 uses 5.56mm and AK47 uses 7.62mm and as I see AK does a big damage more than M4 a bit so that's why AK has 30 bullets only if it has 50 bullets it will be OP af so I don't think it will be a good move to make AK 50 bullets like M4, the different between both weapons is that M4 range is higher than AK but AK damage is higher than M4 so it's fair, if you want a good range play with M4 and if you want a good damage play with AK, if AK is like M4 the most of people will play with AK only and it will be a OP weapon.
so i mean that AK doesn't need to be 50 bullets it's now fair each weapon has its own feature and flaw

I think one thing we can all agree on is that they should be different.

But how does this difference look?

It's obvious, extra damage with less accuracy. That's KINDA what we have now, but as we all know, nobody uses the AK, so it's obviously not in a good spot in terms of balance.

I would just tweak damage and accuracy figures until the point where it becomes an actual choice.

I agree with AK's damage to increase and that's what i thought we're talking about in here but not the recoil cause even in real life AK is less accurate than M4 and yea i'm in police side but i've been always in love with the AK so yea increase the damage not the recoil mate that will make more sense ! ^^

"What I would do, is decrease M4's damage by two, to drop the damage to same as MP5, but keep the weapon accurate-> It'd be better in long range fights and burst shots, (90 metres distance from eachother, good for tapping) while decreasing AK-47's recoil by a bit, and keeping the damage at 10. (Still works in long range, if you tap the shots)

This way you get M4 more bursty weapon, and AK-47 is more of a spray weapon, while keeping both weapons effective. I wouldn't increase the damage of AK-47, as it can get out of hand fast (reminding, that combat shotgun does 40% damage when all pellets hit, and sniper does 41%, desert eagle 46%)"

M4 8 damage per shot/ Ak47 10 per shot.

@Joe