Donations after reset

Gengar

With the economy reset discussion, I've been giving some thoughts about current economy system and figured out that money donators receive as a reward is something that would eventually lead to this same situation we are in now after the reset. Note, this is my personal opinion only, you don't have to accept that as a fact. Anyway, I brought attention to that to the rest of clan and there were some different opinions regarding the matter. In the end, we decided the best would be to ask the community, so here's the poll. I'll briefly explain meaning behind each option down bellow.

• People who donate shouldn't get ingame money as a reward
    I believe everyone knows what this means. Basically, money generated this way is huge advantage against people who didn't donate and this server was never meant to be pay to win type. That a side, money generated this way literally comes out of the thin air, without players working for it by playing the game, which is the main point here.

• Keep everything as it is
    Basically, donators will get the money for their donations, but money reward will be reduced to match the economy standards.

• Subscription plan - higher payout in all jobs
    This means players will subscribe to donation, something like Patreon, if you know about that. Amount of money will be selected by player and that amount will be automatically taken (I apologize for lack of better term) from donators each month. Donators will, of course, have option to cancel their subscription at any time they desire. Here comes the interesting part. Instead of getting money as donation reward, you'll have higher income from all jobs you do ingame for the month in which you donated (for the months that you keep your subscription running). Basically, you'll get money for your donation, only, you'll need to work trough ingame jobs to get it.

• Donation icon
    This is basically property icon, which will generate daily income for you. How much? Depends how much you donate. It will work as business icons are supposed to work now.

Think about it and cast your votes for system you'd like to see after the economy reset. Feel free to discuss it down bellow.

I'm gonna go with the first option "People who donate shouldnt get ingame money as a reward" because other options still give donators an edge over the amount of money their possess over people who can't donate. I feel yeah that it's great that you're helping the server with your kind donations but it goes against the main idea that we're trying to battle here with the economy reset: deflation.

I don't agree about removing the money getting perk after donating. Imo 1 million of ingame money towards the 10 pounds in real money is okay and should be like it is. Whoever donates is worth every reward that is currently able to have, because he simply supports the service costs for everything that owner has to pay for. So simply: if you can't or don't want to donate then deal with it.

5/10 pounds monthly subscription for higher payout multiplier and ability to spawn a disk car without using a disk (without abuse so no dmg in last 20 sec/interiors/wanted and there's a cop in 100metre radius), get disk weapons inventory in your Alt Gr on a car you own and 100 pounds one-time donation for your own account-linked skin shader (counting previous donations - about 25 people to my count)

This vote will always be bias due to the fact a lot of players on this server now are under the age of 16, so they are not able to donate their own money or their country does not support a suitable payment method. Majority of the time that is, not all the time. So of course they will vote no for receiving ingame money after donating, because it will be a disadvantage to them.

Where people who are older like myself, earn a good wage and have the spare cash are happy to donate a little to keep the server alive and also receive ingame benefits so of course I will vote yes. But the ratio of people who cant donate and the people who can is at least 3:1. So please keep this in mind.

@joshbond said in Donations after reset:

This vote will always be bias due to the fact a lot of players on this server now are under the age of 16, so they are not able to donate their own money or their country does not support a suitable payment method. Majority of the time that is, not all the time. So of course they will vote no for receiving ingame money after donating, because it will be a disadvantage to them.

Where people who are older like myself, earn a good wage and have the spare cash are happy to donate a little to keep the server alive and also receive ingame benefits so of course I will vote yes. But the ratio of people who cant donate and the people who can is at least 3:1. So please keep this in mind.

Point here is that server is not pay to win, so, at least in my personal opinion, people shouldn't get advantages over other players using real life money. But, as I said, that's only my personal opinion. I myself am a donator as well and I think dontaros shouldn't get money for donation. Subscription option sounds the most fair from all sides in my opinion, so I voted for that. But in general, I think money shouldn't be given as a reward, because it will eventually lead to same economic situation we have now. Not in year, or two. But in long run, it is not good idea. My opinion, I could be wrong, though.

I can't even say that I agree with the economy reset...I'm not sure if I joined here 6 or 7 years ago...Anyway, I'm not the only one who owns good properties, having a lot of cars ( I really love cars and that's the reason why I joined, 107 cars in my garage, more than 30 customs and over 20 with V8 and AWD ), a lot of millions etc. We'll lose everything after damn reset. We worked hard to earn the money, buy some good properties, buy cars etc. This game is my escape from the reality, I never joined other servers because I like to be here, I like to be part of this community. I can already see highschool kids with mom's credit cards, donating a lot of money, " receiving " few millions on their accounts and buying a good properties before someone else does. Money shouldn't be given by donation, interior and cars are just enough.

@gengar said in Donations after reset:

@joshbond said in Donations after reset:

Point here is that server is not pay to win, so, at least in my personal opinion, people shouldn't get advantages over other players using real life money. But, as I said, that's only my personal opinion. I myself am a donator as well and I think dontaros shouldn't get money for donation. Subscription option sounds the most fair from all sides in my opinion, so I voted for that. But in general, I think money shouldn't be given as a reward, because it will eventually lead to same economic situation we have now. Not in year, or two. But in long run, it is not good idea. My opinion, I could be wrong, though.

I completely understand what you mean. However donations never unbalanced the money earnt. You only earn 1 million from 10 pounds. So unless you donate 1k you wont be getting 100 mill anytime soon.

I can understand the concept on pay to win but its the opposite. There is no win in GTA SA. All it means is you get luxury items quicker. It would only be pay 2 win if using expensive fast cars at races, but how often does that really occur. This server needs its constant donations to stay alive and most donators need that incentive to keep donating.

So if you want to stop offering money, ok fair enough but offer something else better, not just vehicles and interiors.

I think donations should be more cars then it is now. maybe even give weapons or ammo. maybe even skins. but agree on no money.

The increased pay out for jobs i think shouldnt be a donation reward, but maybe a G/S/C reward
The Payout icon would be the same as giving money (ofc the idea of that would be great, if we where P2W)

@gengar

I think a cool donation idea would be to have special skins for guns and vehicles that only donators are allowed but everyone can see (sort of like a CSGO thing) and also 3 donator spawns, 1 for cops 1 for criminals and 1 for civillian. These spawns/jobs would give benefits over the standard spawns. You could say that you need to donate at least 30 to gain access to these spawns.

Also interiors for buildings should again be a donation benefit.

@joshbond Someone has actually mentioned idea of custom skins for weapons for donators and I'd really love to see that. No idea if people who know how to do it have time to do it, though. Same for vehicles, it is a nice idea and I'd like to see it.

I'd rather have interiors be less expensive like with every donation of 30 combined or one time donation. You can have an interior that fits your house. And that admins or saha or whoever does it are strict on it.