Disabling mainchat.

Lartsa

Question

Just a thought as an addon to the FCRP town, disabling mainchat would be perfect.

You often get lost in the messages sent to you in localchat, due to spam on the mainchat. If there are some important messages to receive, as an ex. from administrators, they can just easily pm it over.

I can't tell you the amount of frustration there is when mainchat is being spammed with nonsense, whilst you're trying to have an actual convo in localchat.

20 answers to this question

I don't like the idea. If someone spams the chat, just ignore that person.

As oppossing this feature. What we could do is the message that you write in the localchat be projected above someones character instead so you don't have to look at the chat anymore. But disabling the mainchat would be a big no for me really.

When there are more or around 200 people on SAES, try to have a conversation in mainchat or even in localchat. I couldn't care less about people typing shit that has nothing to do with me personally. By seperating chats or switching it off, it will have a possitive effect on flooding of the chat and the foreign language spam in it. This will result is less mutes and less conficts. Eventually this will result in less work for admins aswell.

Regards,
Ramby.