New Farmer script suggestion

ProNuBs

Question

Hello community, as everyone knows the civilian side of the server isn't really getting a lot of love. Therefore @jonas13362 and me decided we wanted to get some changes into the civilian side to make it more appealing.
We've been working on this together however all the scripting has been done by @jonas13362 so full credit to him for making this.

So how does this script work ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrRWwDb7nE8

As you can see in the youtube video above the job works in 3 stages:

• Planting crops

• Harvesting crops and turning them into bales

• Collecting bales and bringing them to a drop off point

As you saw there is a marker where you can spawn the needed vehicles to do the job, when you leave the vehicle you have 5 seconds to get back into it or it will be despawned.
People cannot steal any vehicles you spawned from you so don't worry about that.
If you spawn a new vehicle your old one will be despawned as well.

-=(orange)Step 1=-

• You just drive over the field and crops will be planted automatically, some space if left between each crop so if it isnt planting try driving a bit further.
    This works in a 360 degrees radius so if you start a new line make sure you left enough space between your new one and the first one otherwise your crops won't be planted.

-=(orange)Step 2=-

• You get yourself a combine harvester and drive over the crops on the field ( all of your crops have a blip on the mini-map so you don't miss out on crops), when you drive over your crop a bale will spawn behind your combine harvester.

-=(orange)Step 3=-

• You get yourself a DFT from the marker and start driving up to the bales, you can put your bales on your DFT by clicking on them ( in the video this is done with the F1 command but on the server you'll be able to use ALT GR).

• A DFT can fit up to a maximum of 15 bales which can be dropped of at the drop off in exchange for money.

-=(red)BEWARE:=- if you leave your DFT and it despawns you will lose all bales on the DFT.

16 answers to this question

I can't see a problem but anyone who thinks you can get the civilian side active in a meaningful way is either living in fantasy land or thinking they are playing a different game than the one they have open on task manager.

@master-chief said in New Farmer script suggestion:

what about making it like the trucker job? plant 100 wheat and you will be able to plant weed and plant 300 weed and you will be able to plant LSD or speed and we get more money

This would make it more of a criminal spawn again, trying to go with some civilian stuff, could be a nice idea for a new crim job tho

@pronubs said in New Farmer script suggestion:

@master-chief said in New Farmer script suggestion:

what about making it like the trucker job? plant 100 wheat and you will be able to plant weed and plant 300 weed and you will be able to plant LSD or speed and we get more money

This would make it more of a criminal spawn again, trying to go with some civilian stuff, could be a nice idea for a new crim job tho

so then we could make the farmer able to plant things more then wheat like cucumber and tomatoes and things like this

I vouch for this script but I would like to see the haystack and shits replaced for new custom models. The wheat harvesting looks poor and unrealistic and that could be improved starting with putting better textures. Other than that the concept pretty damn good and I would like to be rockin' da fields soon.