Reliability of arresting with a nightstick

Villa

Question

Greeting, we all have seen cops running into places filled with armed criminals (SR,BR,JB) with a nightstick, running and hitting, to arrest as many as they can, and this leaves me with the question, would this happen in real life ? is it possible for a cop to arrest an armed criminal who is shooting at him, only with a taser and a nightstick? this ruins the whole system, cops are OP with their taser and nightstick, and this is obviously unfair, so now i am suggesting two things, the first is that, cops should be obligated to hit the criminal 3 hits at least, to arrest, and second there should be a "Hit Counter" 1/3, 2/3, 3,3 so both criminal and cop know where they exactly are, and so cops stop being lame to rush into dozens of criminals hitting as if they were collecting gifts, and act in a more realistic way using their fire arms. (at JB,SR,BR at least)

12 answers to this question

-1, I'll state why.

First of all, there are ~20 criminals in a SR, defending on the roof. Usually, 3-4 cops are answering SRs. The first thing to do, as a cop in a SR is to find a way to sneak behind the criminals, so you stand a chance against 20 criminals. Now, lets see how your idea will work. This cop gotta hit the criminals 3 times with a nighstick, in order to get him arrested? How is that even close to being realistic. Why would you compare the arresting system right now, which I agree it isn't realistic (but keep in mind that is a RPG server) with another system that requires not 1 hit, but 3. How thay makes it realistic? Now, I stated why, it's obviously impossible to arrest anyone in a SR, even consodering that a cop tase some criminal that is not on the roof, his fellow mates will take the cop down, as the cops is hitting him 3 times.

Now, lets have a look at the BRs. Once again, impossible to stop it as a cop, because the deffenders are going to easily take down the cop, even considering there are flashes, it still wouldn't be that hard for the crims.

The same thing goes for the JB.

Now, let me clear this up, why would a cop use his M5 in a 1v1 chase, while he can use a shotgun that is going to slow the criminal down and then eventually use taser and nightstick. Why? Thats how it is, I already stated why the arresting system you suggested is definitly impossible to happen and why a cop wouldn't use his m5.

@Cappo said in Reliability of arresting with a nightstick:

Now, lets have a look at the BRs. Once again, impossible to stop it as a cop, because the deffenders are going to easily take down the cop, even considering there are flashes, it still wouldn't be that hard for the crims.

The same thing goes for the JB.

This is just utter bullshit, if you cops ever tried to zerg rush with flashes instead of going in one by one, you'd stop an average poorly organised BR with ease. Sometimes we have fun playing as cops with TT buddies and stopping a jailbreak isn't such difficult, especially when you have killarrest.

@Odorian said in Reliability of arresting with a nightstick:

This is just utter bullshit, if you cops ever tried to zerg rush with flashes instead of going in one by one, you'd stop an average poorly organised BR with ease. Sometimes we have fun playing as cops with TT buddies and stopping a jailbreak isn't such difficult, especially when you have killarrest.

What I bolded is exactly what I meant. "Stopping poorly organised BRs." The idea of the topic is to not rush, isn't it? Now, stopping a SR, BR and JB is all up to the the people you're doing it with. Thats why I rarely respond to JBs and BRs, if there are no SWAT members around, simply because the communication is in a higher level and we'd be able to take down the wanted criminals in a better way, instead of collecting 10 random trainees that couldn't do it. Once again, it's up to the people you're doing it with. Synergy is the key.

This is a game. Even on servers out of MTA it's still hard to make things realistic. There's reasons why not everything can be realistic and games have limits. Those limits can either be for balancing reasons or game engine reasons.

I mean bring forward a balanced and possible to be done solution to this problem. Don't just say: "But you could do this". Make a full plan and then talk after you've thought it through.

This made me laugh. If you are talking about realistic or improving the gameplay, you could also consider more things. As an example, the whole arsenal of weapons a criminal can pull out of his ass (realistic aswell?). Some things should stay as it is.

i am not saying it is real life, and no i am not looking for 100% realistic experience, i am concerned of unfairness at most, to be honest, the scenario of a one lagger cop who sneaks into the top of a store during a robbery, running and hitting, arrests four criminals by only 4 hits, and gets 68000$, is nowhere near to fairness. if he has played his rule properly and opened fire, he can killarrest 1 or 2 if he is (Skilled) enough.

I hope you know kill arresting is disabled in SRs.

Also, I've noticed that overall the criminals do the foolish mistake to do SRs the most in Las Venturas - Come-a-lot and also in Los Santos - Wilowfield. Those 2 SRs are way too easy for the cops to farm arrests, honestly, I do around 150k just from one SR. I consider this as a mistake that you do. That was a thingy to go a bit off topic tho

Like I said above, it is your responsibility to keep the police forces away from SR. What is actually unfair here? Parachuting onto the SR can be done easily but in the same time we have no chance to make manuvers on the air so you can easily snipe us before land to the SR. All you have to do is thinking before acting and you must know that nobody here started with silver spoon in his hands. You better develop your skills and understand the gameplay quickly as possible.

It is a game if you want realistic things shut down your computer. Is it realistic that you respawn in hospital when you die, or when you repair cars for 3 seconds, thats why it is just a game. If you cant avoid getting jailed then it is your problem.