Ping Kicker Update[FEEDBACK REQUIRED]

Linkan

Mentioned Bellow  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Ping Kick poll

• New system
    • Current System (old one)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/24 at 21:59

Question

Loop 1: if ping > 400 = freeze & issue warning 1
Loop 2: if ping > 400 = issue warning 2 else unfreeze
Loop 3 : if ping > 400 = kick else unfreeze

Everyone knows how current one works. 

Loop 1 = Warning
Loop 2= Warning
Loop 3 = Warning then kick

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

21 answers to this question

I prefer the newer system. The old one is very outdated and does not work effectively. 

Overall, along with the new ping kicker, I would also suggest for players with higher ping than 300 will take more damage. Players with stable connection and lower pings shouldn't be affected/be an easier target to those who are lagging or have a higher ping.

• Like 4

I also forgot to mention, this should also include FPS as well. MTA has a built in FPS command to lower your FPS limit, perhaps also making it that if you have an extreme low FPS for longer than X amount of time, you would also get warned/frozen and if it continues, either being kicked or a damage multiplier being high on the client with low FPS.

• Like 1

Make it in specific places, fe. turf zones, banks during a BR, CR perhaps.

It wouldn't eliminate it, but still limit it atleast during fighting activities.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Anas_ said:

Make it in specific places, fe. turf zones, banks during a BR, CR perhaps.

It wouldn't eliminate it, but still limit it atleast during fighting activities.

While it is a very good idea, to implement it would be way more unnecessary code to handle. You'll have to create checks for each activity (and check if the player is actually actively participating) and honestly, it wouldn't make sense to begin with as you have many other activities such as public events that are hosted, overall gameplay, civilian jobs, etc. It matters in every aspect of the game, the game play must be fair at any activity not just the ones mentioned above.

Posted (edited)

what's wrong with the current system? I think it's wiser to look at other suggestions than this 

😇🙏

Edited by fenter
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MaRoO said:

Yee and pls make fps 60 like old. Can’t play my fps 33-100😭😭🤣🤣🤣

You can set your fps(local) limit by pressing f8 and typing "fps_limit = number" (without "")

• Thanks 1

Well, I don't know, this suggestion seems unfair. Don't look at just one side of the issue. There are people whose ping is always 380+ (people from South Asia, for example, and from Latin American countries). If we're going to go with this procedure, you're not going to let them play. Take me as an example too. Being part of a third-world country that provides bad internet and Wi-Fi, my ping isn't even stable in its best condition. So, I don't see a reason to lower the ping threshold to 400 instead of 500.

• Like 2

I would say that it higher ping/ low fps shouldn't play on pvp based activities (such as BR, SR, Turf, GR, CR, Arrest, events) admins are useless to ban a player that is obviously cheating (pussy HQ's) so a between this would be forcing such players to spawn as Trucker, delivery or whatever civilian side.

(If possible) 

1 warning = 30 seconds freeze 

2 warning = 1 min freeze 

3 warning = force to spawn something else for 15 mins and warnings should reset after this. 

this won't stop people from ''playing'' the server and also could move more people into trying more civilians jobs, if youre a cheater then this suck but would you rather 15 mins as mechanic or 3 day ban ? this could also lower the ammount of people getting reported unfairly. if you're a legit player then this shouldn't be a problem for you.

26 minutes ago, corpse said:

I would say that it higher ping/ low fps shouldn't play on pvp based activities (such as BR, SR, Turf, GR, CR, Arrest, events) admins are useless to ban a player that is obviously cheating (pussy HQ's) so a between this would be forcing such players to spawn as Trucker, delivery or whatever civilian side.

(If possible) 

1 warning = 30 seconds freeze 

2 warning = 1 min freeze 

3 warning = force to spawn something else for 15 mins and warnings should reset after this. 

this won't stop people from ''playing'' the server and also could move more people into trying more civilians jobs, if youre a cheater then this suck but would you rather 15 mins as mechanic or 3 day ban ? this could also lower the ammount of people getting reported unfairly. if you're a legit player then this shouldn't be a problem for you.

What do you mean by freezing too? What if that player is being chased or something? Any hypothesis like that just doesn't work, lmfao.

Well if I am being honest, I know how frustrating it is to turf against people with high ping even though my aim is worse than a blind grandma. But not all people got steady internet and as yuki mentioned above people from countries that are far from the server got ping issues, or people from countries that just dont have a steady connection. I know this comes with the risk of having people abusing their ping as we have seen plenty of times. But making it even more difficult for people won't fix the problem. I repeat I know how frustrating it is to be playing on the "weak side" cuz you have steady ping.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Infinity_ said:

While it is a very good idea, to implement it would be way more unnecessary code to handle. You'll have to create checks for each activity (and check if the player is actually actively participating) and honestly, it wouldn't make sense to begin with as you have many other activities such as public events that are hosted, overall gameplay, civilian jobs, etc. It matters in every aspect of the game, the game play must be fair at any activity not just the ones mentioned above.

It is an idea for now, it can be adjusted later on of course.

Or simply for BRs and turfs for example, it can be a written rule to not participate if your ping is over x value, and for other activities a script can be implemented, perhaps?

I think we should focus more on packet loss rather than latency. I myself have a stable low ping of 20-30 and I barely have any problems killing people with 200-300 ping in turfs. This new system will take large effect on those that cannot do anything about their ping and will result in a loss of players.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alexis said:

Well if I am being honest, I know how frustrating it is to turf against people with high ping even though my aim is worse than a blind grandma. But not all people got steady internet and as yuki mentioned above people from countries that are far from the server got ping issues, or people from countries that just dont have a steady connection. I know this comes with the risk of having people abusing their ping as we have seen plenty of times. But making it even more difficult for people won't fix the problem. I repeat I know how frustrating it is to be playing on the "weak side" cuz you have steady ping.

Yes, exactly. You're risking many people leaving the game because of the frustration caused by freezing every two minutes, especially those from this specific area. Doesn't this method reduce the number of players? I don't think it's fair at all.

• Like 2

This Concept will indeed make some players have a hard time enjoing the game, Especially those from South America.
The idea is very similar to the one used in another famous server, it's a pain in the ass.
Also you should put in mind that ping spikes happen from time to time and some players can't control their pings.

I'd say lower the maximum ping to 300 and stick with the current script.

• Like 2

On 07/07/2024 at 21:17, Yukii said:

What do you mean by freezing too? What if that player is being chased or something? Any hypothesis like that just doesn't work, lmfao.

get better internet what you make are excuses... I started playing with 516kpbs internet from latam aswell and that was back in 2013