1 shot taser

TaaviLaudur

Question

I would like to someday get all the stupid ideas, create a full topic as a guide on how NOT to do suggestions.

Now back to serious... It is already hard enough to hit someone considering the 200 + ping players (Being more then half of the crims) to have our chances reduced.

A taser reload is not by any means quick, and also it's fire is not instant either we do take an aproximate second to shoot the second round, so I don't really see what's the issue or the unfair part in that.

Even more if we take into consideration that we can only taze down one criminal.

Let's not even talk about realism, I don't really think you can recover from someone tazing you in 3 seconds.

@starwars You can tase more than a player at the time. "Let's not even talk about realism" tasers only have one shot, and they take a lot of time to get it back up again. Besides that, the suggestion isn't bad at all, could be considered and debatable without whining about how "stupid" it is. Cops right now are way more powerfull than criminals, considering than a single cop can take down even one of those "pro players", and it isn't a matter of skills, but a matter of hitting just 1 bullet of a gun.
Not sure if removing one of the bullet in the magazine would make a good difference, but still, instead of bragging on "how stupid this suggestion is", better show how stupid you are not, and suggest anything usefull.

despite that the criminals are outnumbered the cops in the server, a really good advantage fo me as a criminal, but i still believe that cops are much overpowered than us, and it's not about how pro you are, even a newbie can taser, since it requires just 1 bullet to arrest..if removing one bullet from the gun won't be considered, then at least reduce the range of it.

@silence said in 1 shot taser:

Okay, before this turns into a cop vs. crim shitfest, hear me out on this one. This is gonna be a completely different suggestion, but from what I understand every rant topic about crim or cop is what it all boils down to is lack of skill. This suggestion might satisfy both sides here.
I understand Taavi's point of view, however this is not gonna do it.

I would love to start on a big project myself for SAES regarding Hitboxes. However this is no easy script to do. It would be a long ongoing development, but I am the type that won't quit until its done.

These numbers are not the actual amount it would damage multiply, but you get the idea.
Think about it, for a minute.

Current data for death is:
3 shots deagle / sniper
10 shots of M4
12 shots of Uzi / MP5
3 shots of CS

Looking from a criminals point of view, you would have damage multiply, when done to the head. Perhaps 2 shot deagle/sniper/CS in the head, and dead?
5 Shots of M4 done directly to the head?

These are all subject of discussion, but this is mere a suggestion. This way you could also bring other weapons into the picture so its not CS and M4 only. Different weapons could deal different amounts of damage.
Damage would be normal when done to the torso.

Not only would this bring 'skill' into the picture, but it might stop people from whining about things being too easy.
You could even have heads explode if a kill is registered as a headshot.

You can give the police side 1 shot of taser, I wouldn't mind it, however, if its a headshot, it would be an instant arrest like old days.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/OnPlayerDamage
"
3: Torso
4: Ass
5: Left Arm
6: Right Arm
7: Left Leg
8: Right Leg
9: Head
"
It's already in there. Just needs a script to assign amounts of damage to specific body parts.

@a7md said in 1 shot taser:

despite that the criminals are outnumbered the cops in the server, a really good advantage fo me as a criminal, but i still believe that cops are much overpowered than us, and it's not about how pro you are, even a newbie can taser, since it requires just 1 bullet to arrest..if removing one bullet from the gun won't be considered, then at least reduce the range of it.

Cops are meant to be overpowered. Since irl the cops are also heavily outnumbered opposing the amount of criminals. It's only fair the way it is.

I can spend 14 hours a day on the server and do up to 300 arrests.

Problems for the cop:

1: M4 Even the biggest unskill crim can work miracles with her! It is not difficult. Just swipe evenly on the right and left, with a good distance, your success is 100%.

2: Bug taser, While the criminal reloads a weapon, or runs with a shotgun, often the taser does not work.

3: 35% of Criminals have a ping of +200.

4: Server bugs: Zero reaction when someone is hit by a taser in the air or when he crosses the wall and is at the end of the animation.

5: Problem with SR in SF. you can not jump on the first time on small roof.

In my opinion:

• Increase the minimum number of arrests to use the prison warden to 500 or even 1000.
    Often, random people see in this free earnings, not the work of a policeman.

• Killing in prison and receiving remuneration for it / proposes 1/3 or 1/4 of full remuneration.

• Earnings in SR. Only a year ago, the policeman earned 10k, now it is 17.5k.
    When you just did not want to, now it is more profitable.
    Maybe let's beat here?

Reasons for the fact:

More police sqad on the server.
Actually there are more (active) cops than, say, a year ago.

For all those who think that 1 shot from Taser is a good idea. I often play alone, as the only cop on the server. Kontra 5-10 crims. I would not have had a chance with one taser test ...
It deprives me of the possibility of '' skilowania ''! 2 crims would be a success in this configuration!

It is suggested to consider whether the problems are not conceived in the server room and the reaction time. He often does not get a DM from a weapon. or with delay. Likewise, small problems can be noticed when catching. It's very discouraging two sides.
Specification my PC/net https://imgur.com/a/aTtmVAv

There are so many suggestions going on this subject, of course, everyone wants to protect their benefits by any means. However, in such subjects, these topics must be created by the independent people which may lead the people to look from different perspectives. So in my humble opinion, in such an important decision that could change the gameplay and balance by any means should be suggested by the SAES HQ with reasonable ways. After that, people can discuss it and try to find a common solution for the problems.

@Teddy said in 1 shot taser:

taser should be removed and server should become kill-to-arrest across the whole map

what came to my mind:
or just replace taser with a "shoot to wound" arrest system where your goal would be to drop the criminal to 5 hp, disable him from moving permanently (...moments later you arrive in the hospital for treatment and get jail time upon hospital release...)

now on a serious note, SAES taser manufacturing company has just provided the SAPD a test version of the latest TASER X2.0 !
alt text
ps. dont think about adding this pls... consider it a joke