Activity type : Refueling gas stations
Date : 10.12
Screenshots :https://imgur.com/a/sup6wOj

Activity type : Refueling gas stations
Date : 11.12
Screenshots :https://imgur.com/a/xln8fa9

alt

^[Late night emergency]

I think I said it once but still I think I cant avoid repeating it over and over again. One of the best feelings while working is the calm you got at night. When you know youre all by yourself, none bothering you with any minuscule thing that could come to their minds. I enjoy working as a team, but when I love to focus on the things I do, and what could be a better possible way of focusing than being all alone at night. None.

Of course, Im not that antisocial, I always do my night shift with my loyal friend, Reginald. An old known than came to this company at the same time I decided it was time to use my time to do some productive things for the society. Maybe the same feeling of trying to do things outside the routine inspired him to come and try his luck in this company.

Reginald is an experienced mechanic (he had some background before coming this company), while Im a young pilot. Even thought our tasks do not match, we are able to do great duos at our jobs. He can always give me good ideas, and the same way back. Anyways, I think Im just wandering in my words without going straight to the point.

It was a Wednesday night. Reginald and I were doing basic tasks in our desktops, filling some formularies and making sure everything we made earlier at night would be recorded. The time we got into our shift and all these smalls things we were delegated to do. In my case, some short deliveries to near airports, in case of Reginald, some small reparations that had to be done in some of the truckers trucks.

:::

alt

At that time, you dont really expect to get any important task given, mostly because always the important things happened at day light, most of the cases the night is like a pause for the human beings. Like pressing the pause button in a game, letting everything else to the wait for the first sun lights at morning to continue with the things that needed to be done before going to sleep. But of course, theres always exception to every rule.

The companys phone rang. Im not used to hear it at that time of the night, so my subconscious left it on hold for several seconds, maybe thinking it was Reginalds phone waiting for an answer. With the constant ringing and Reginald pointing at the phone I realized it was the companys one. I took the call. The first thing I heard was a deep man voice, somehow desperate asking if by that time there any available helicopter was ready to get used.

I couldnt even introduce to the man on the phone. I quickly answered there was. Not soon after I gave my response, the man started giving me some indications. As I said before, you dont really expect an important task waiting to be done at that time of the night, neither I was when the agitated man explained me what was going on.

Apparently, some young racers decided it was fun to race to the top of the Mount Chilliad. Seems that things didnt go as they expected. One of the guys had an accident during the race and got badly injured, while the other racers quickly escaped from the scene, maybe fearing theyd get any kind of punishment for illegally racing, as if it wasnt already bad enough having a injured partner.
Im pretty sure, you as I was in the moment are asking Well, thats such a shame, but none of ALTs business at all, were no paramedics. Thing is, with that bad weather, and the poorly equipped whetstone hospital, the emergency services couldnt get on top of the mount to pick the guy up quickly enough to not let him die in there. So basically, we were asked to get him down there to the nearest hospital where they could treat him as fast as possible.

In situations like those, theres not really much to say, either you become an unempathetic prick or you become the hero you might not be, but people need. I hung the call, took my jacket and started running towards the helicopter yelling at Reginald to come with me. The decision was made.

alt
alt
alt
alt

In the way there I was able to explain Reginald what was going on, he couldnt believe me what was happening, and even thought it was someone playing a joke on us Until we got to the top of Mount Chilliad. We saw a car in a really bad shape, a guy lied on the ground and some puddles of blood all over him and a guy already there. Reginald ran to the guy on the floor, while I stood on my feet for some seconds without believing what I had in front of me. The guy was dying in front of me and I couldnt figure out what I could do for that guy. He was so much in pain that I knew trying to get him with me in the helicopter would be such a hell for that poor guy.

The guy that was there before we arrived was Crash, a Cuban Car mechanic that was nearby when he heard the accident. He went as fast as he could to check what was happening, when he saw the guys accident and the rest of racer fleeing. He was the one making the phone call to the emergency services, he was the one who got a request from the injured guy to take care of his almost completely destroyed Cheetah, and also, he was the guy yelling at me to wake up. I shook my head and went with Reginald to start the task I was given by the emergency services guy.

I almost felt the pain of the injured guy through his screams while I was trying to move him to the helicopter. He was pretty bad. Reginald and Crash gave me a hand with him, we got him inside the helicopter, but Crash also told me about the task he was given, and he needed to accomplish it. I respect his decision, even in a situation like that, he was able to maintain his word and even with all the things happening, he wanted to take care of the injureds guy Cheetah. I guess the only thing a man has is hist word, and he cant ever break it if he wants still to be considered as a man. I couldnt wait to get the injured guy (which later gave me his name, it was Scorpyo) to the hospital, hence I gave a fire extinguisher to Crash in order to put down the flames that were consuming the vehicle, and asked Reginald to stay with Crash while I took Scorpyo to the hospital.

alt
alt
alt

I really felt bad for that guy. He had none to relay on but some strangers that came out of nowhere to help him, he had some broken bones, were in a really bad shape at that moment and his car pretty sure wouldnt make it without having to spare on it a couple thousands of dollars. He was in the worst situation a guy from his age could ever be. No family to relief his pain, not knowing if he would make it alive to the next day, and even if he made it, not knowing if he would ever be able to drive his beloved Cheetah once again.

After leaving Scorpyo in the hospital, I went back for Crash and Reginald. When I got on there, I saw the battle against the flames was won. There was a bunch of scraps that used to be called a Cheetah, but Im pretty sure that in that state, the only name it has was just scraps.
The helicopter had enough room to take the scraps with us, just to give that mechanic a hand and help him saving that vehicle in his garage until he was able to figure out what to do about it. Im not that much into mechanic, hence I know almost nothing about what had to be done in that situation. Thats why as soon as we reached the garage, I left Reginald and Crash do the rest of the work, at least when I did all that I could to help that unlucky racer.

The diagnosis wasnt good at all. From all the things I could understand was that they had to change almost every piece of the car in order to make it usable again. It was no easy task, but my friend Reginald is really insistent, and he wouldnt let go such an opportunity to test his skills, the same I can say about that Cuban Cars mechanic, I think.

I watched the time and realized it was way too late for us to keep working, it was time to click on that pause button I talked about before, my brain and body couldnt take more the passing of time. Reginald and Crash agreed with me and after they were done with the diagnosis, decided it was way better to take a break before starting the hard part of his job. Getting that scrap back on its feet.

alt
alt
alt

@Licano as ALT Probationary pilot
@Reggi as ALT Probationary mechanic
@Crash as CC Mechanic
@Scorpyo as TMH Racer

alt text

(12/13/2018) The Flip

Story: I was lounging in ALT's bar enjoying my break from all this bad weather when the phone rang. So I got a call from a guy in Tuga Thugs right as my break was ending. He told me he'd throw a bonus if I came to pick this truck up that night since the weather was horrible so I agreed. When I arrived at the location there was a couple of guy's out front waiting. We chatted it up a bit and basically, he just purchased this beat down Yankee. It still cranked up but was in a horrible position so as planned I towed it back to ALT workstation. My initial diagnosis of what needed fixing on the truck was stated as such: Air brakes, Ball joints, Tires, Radiator, Tail door, Front & Back bumpers & Oil replacement. First thing I did was call him and give him a quote before I start working at all. The quote was around $1.428.00 to replace and work on everything. He agreed to pay and I began my work. First thing I did was jack the truck up and replace the ball joints and tires. While under there I begin to work on brakes and get new pads and such to they work smooth and not kill anyone. Also while it was up I changed the oil and get him a better filter instead of just replacing the old one.
Then I lowered the car back down to begin on the broken radiator and get it out of the vehicle. Once I got the old one out I begin to insert the new one. I connected all the parts also I secured the air conditioning condenser then inserted it into position. I made sure to secure all the brackets and connected the new coolant lines. Once everything was in place I added coolant to the reservoir and that was done. Then I replaced his front and back bumpers. I had to wait a bit for his door to get to me but once I got it I took down the old one without damaging the tracks and I replaced it with the new one. Also gave it a fresh paint job to get rid of the other company's logo and the deal was done. Next morning I called him to come and check it out. He approved and paid in cash, We shook hands and he drove off.
Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/VmtwZr5

alt text

ALT RolePlay

Participants: @Cappo
Story: We got a call from Mr.Cappo saying he needed urgent mechanic at his location (Angle pine) we had use the help of our pilot to get there, and helped the man. He had problem in his cooling system and engine. As he was a mechanic too he helped too and we did it really quick. Later on he had left and we had taken off from there!

SS: https://imgur.com/a/pkZLNA5

alt text

ALT RolePlay

Participants: @WenDo
Story: We got a call from Mr.@WenDo saying he needed some upgrades on his vehicle, I had called him to the ALT base. Because it is where you can find all what you need. Once they have arrived to the base garage i have worked on their silencer and engine. There engine was making lot of sound. Well after i fixed it they wanted to paint the vehicle too. We got done with that and they left by inviting us to their show after few weeks.

SS: https://imgur.com/a/K00qH2U

alt text

ALT RolePlay

Participants: @Phoenix
Story: We got a call from Mr.@Phoenix saying he needed some help with his bike, It was near the cluckin bell restaurant. I had helped him with his bike. His wheel was damaged. Had to replace it with another wheel that took sometime but was done quickly, I had replaced the wheel on the road itself as it was not very long. Well he had thanked me and gave me a tip too. He had a cool day ahead probably.

SS: https://imgur.com/a/sti5LSg

alt text

:busts_in_silhouette: Participants: @flusha; @Bas

:writing_hand: Story: On this cold evening, i got a call from the SWAT HQ. They requested an emergency delivery of several ammo boxes of semi-automatic weapons. I immediatly responded and once i arrived at the SWAT HQ, i made the deal. I talked to the supervisoners that were responsible for the shipment, we arranged a fair price and everything was set and done within a couple hours.

:camera_with_flash: Screenshots

alt text

:busts_in_silhouette: Participants: @Licano

:writing_hand: Story: During this evening, i received a call during my smoke break time. I immediatly heard a spanish voice on the other line, requesting a huge delivery to be made to a massive ship, parked outside San Fierro beach. I placed everything in order to be delievery correctly and by the time i arrived at the place, i found out that i was doing a delivery to a possible criminal organization. I didn't make any uncessary questions, as my job was purely to deliver those amount of ammo for auto and semi-automatic weapons. I got paid right away and flew off right after. Just another day at the office.

:camera_with_flash: Screenshots