[CHANGE] - Prevent bike being used when Wanted

Joshbond

Bike Restriction for Wanted Players  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Restrict the use of bicyles for wanted players?

• Yes, should be restricted to people with no stars
    • No, it should not be restricted.

Question

The current trend among gangs involves exploiting the features of BMX or Mountain bikes. These bikes provide an unfair advantage as the rider is near enough impossible to knock off or shoot at, making them overpowered in certain situations. It's evident in the game that gangs now prefer using BMXs for turf battles or hanging around jails instead of cars or motorcycles.

While it's important to allow people to enjoy using bikes for recreational purposes, it's equally crucial to prevent their abuse for gaining an unfair advantage. I believe it's a reasonable and understandable request to address this issue. The imbalance created by the overuse of bikes can be observed in the game.

I hope people approach this matter with honesty and consider different perspectives, just as I have. Therefore, instead of removing the bike entirely, I suggest implementing restrictions on its use when players are wanted to prevent its abuse.

Please feel free to share your respectful and honest opinions on this matter.

Edited by Joshbond
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Who on earth actually uses the water tank except for General? It takes an eternity to travel from one point to another and on top of that, it's an easy target for getting killed if the shooter knows where to aim. The hitbox for the BMX is terrible, making it nearly impossible to kill anyone. It's a laughable comparison.

Please support your words with facts, and stop trying to make fun of others' opinion there is a lot of squad members using the tank, in other words, abusing it, with their continuous opening of water towards the criminal, which gives no chance for an average criminal to stand up and fight back, that's an obvious abuse, and should be resolved, and any other words related to this topic, gonna be a waste of time, and would be ignored.

Speaking of the "overpowered" bike, well, if you remember back then, squad members, like Troones & Silikondy and others (can't remember who else), for nearly a year been using the mega jump, they were able to get on roof way to easy, yes that's abuse too, and none even talked about it, once criminal side started advancing it, it got removed, and now, you be talking on removing the bike, cuz now it becomes "overpowered", cuz we're using it.

So, let's be talking some real facts, besides that it's too easy to get someone off his bike, also when patroling vs a normal criminal, and it's really easy to get his bike damaged using a shotgun or any other weapon, imagine if three shooting the bike, I guess the result is known for both of us, well, let's not be threading without examples, yesterday I got arrested two times in a row by Lincoln & Doom, both were shooting my bike, which made it got damaged in just like 10 secs from when the chase started, so shortly, It totally depends on you, and cops should be going in groups, so, I guess, with this, you can easily get someone off of his bike, but you guys always choosing the easy way.

This bike gives us this little time of thinking, about what should be done, before we are getting trapped in your easy arresting system, get good and stop making nonsense suggestions when the problem is totally about your abilities. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

You're 100% right. People aren't using them to get from point A to point B, they're using it for the following reasons:

1. They can easily get to roofs
2. The vehicle itself is indestructible
3. Synchronization issues (If you are using speed/energy & BMX/Mountain Bike, there are many sync issues. You won't be able to be knocked off and/or other cops won't be able to car jack you as it will show as if you're out the bike when in reality the enter_exit animation is performing)
4. You can crouch from within a bike and not be able to be targeted. (Not even with a sniper unless you're aiming)
5. Nearly impossible to damage a player using A BMX/Mountain Bike

I understand the vehicle is part of the game but is being used as a sort of gameplay abuse. Someone riding a bike can easily exit & enter quickly and avoid being damaged and their DM fest continues endlessly.

While I completely agree with this suggestion, another option could be considered. Instead of restricting it to unwanted players only, perhaps make it that upon a cop trying to car jack someone using said vehicle, they'll automatically be warped inside the bike. (Like custom vehicles)

• Like 2

I don't know to be honest, I see that since Cops got a car like water tank giving them advantages like it makes people lay on the ground and other cop come and taze then why would you get mad from riding a BMX, I mean if you guys want really make it fairly play just remove Water Tank because as I said alot before, it is Overpower and if you told me "you can just damage the player while in the tank" I do not have the time to damage him because he will just start  openning his canon and other cop come and arrest and that's it , and if you said "I can damage the tank" same reason I don't have the time to do all of that , but actually I have got a good solution for this.

1. Don't allow Crims to use BMX just to escape from cops.

2. Make the Water Tank with like a level which if you started to get out the water from the cannon you have just "X LEVEL" (CountDown which you should wait for X time till you start to use the cannon again).

3. Don't allow Cops to ram Crims while trying to arrest them since Cops got ( Shotgun: Which makes the Crim slow down ) and they have got the ability to taze and makes the crim lay down for 5 sec.

I don't know, to be honest didn't like the idea since there is water tank.

and a small comment on infinity's Answer.

2 hours ago, Infinity_ said:

You're 100% right. People aren't using them to get from point A to point B, they're using it for the following reasons:

1. They can easily get to roofs
2. The vehicle itself is indestructible
3. Synchronization issues (If you are using speed/energy & BMX/Mountain Bike, there are many sync issues. You won't be able to be knocked off and/or other cops won't be able to car jack you as it will show as if you're out the bike when in reality the enter_exit animation is performing)
4. You can crouch from within a bike and not be able to be targeted. (Not even with a sniper unless you're aiming)
5. Nearly impossible to damage a player using A BMX/Mountain Bike

I understand the vehicle is part of the game but is being used as a sort of gameplay abuse. Someone riding a bike can easily exit & enter quickly and avoid being damaged and their DM fest continues endlessly.

While I completely agree with this suggestion, another option could be considered. Instead of restricting it to unwanted players only, perhaps make it that upon a cop trying to car jack someone using said vehicle, they'll automatically be warped inside the bike. (Like custom vehicles)

Actually infinity, Double Jump (Mega Jump) is removed so I guess it is hard to get to roof anymore that ( Answering on reason 1 ) .

( Answering on reason 3 ) actually Cops can use Energy too + I see that Sync issue (Enter_exit) animation is like giving a chance to the criminal to run away and escape because imagine if there is no Animation or whatever it is called and the cop keep aiming on the criminal while he is exiting the BMX so there will be no way even to run.
and actually I didn't see a cop using BMX/Mountain while chasing a criminal before and all cops are using energy and most of them are using cars/bullet to knock the criminals off the BMX/Mountain and to be honest I don't see any Hard or problem in this.

( Answering on reason 5 ) Actually I agree with you that it is hard to damage a player while using a BMX/Mountain but as I said in this Comment, It is impossible too to damage the cop who is using the water tank even I can't damage the tank since the cop will just keep abusing this cannon on my body which makes me can't even run till a cop comes and taze then arrest. 

( I guess all what I have said is almost answering everything in this suggestion )

Edited by Ammarr
  • Like 5

58 minutes ago, Immortal said:

So, let's be talking some real facts, besides that it's too easy to get someone off his bike, also when patroling vs a normal criminal, and it's really easy to get his bike damaged using a shotgun or any other weapon, imagine if three shooting the bike, I guess the result is known for both of us, well, let's not be threading without examples, yesterday I got arrested two times in a row by Lincoln & Doom, both were shooting my bike, which made it got damaged in just like 10 secs from when the chase started, so shortly, It totally depends on you, and cops should be going in groups, so, I guess, with this, you can easily get someone off of his bike, but you guys always choosing the easy way.

Damaging a BMX without requiring 100 rounds of M4 remains challenging and the shotgun's effectiveness from behind is very minimal. Most cops often prefer patrolling alone, but I firmly believe that it should be up to us to decide how to patrol yeah? Plus it is noticeable that it's considerably easier to ram an NRG-500 than it is with a BMX.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2023 at 18:00, Curvy said:

Damaging a BMX without requiring 100 rounds of M4 remains challenging and the shotgun's effectiveness from behind is very minimal. Most cops often prefer patrolling alone, but I firmly believe that it should be up to us to decide how to patrol yeah? Plus it is noticeable that it's considerably easier to ram an NRG-500 than it is with a BMX.

Yeah, Curvy, that's the point, It's something challenging, and not everything gonna be that easy, if tho, what's the point of playing, also, you're not gonna find every single criminal be using this, most of them don't know much about how to advance it, maybe a little percentage, which is like 30 % of the criminal on the server, that what they should be called challenging target ones, which takes you a little bit more effort to get them arrested, and to be honest, that's normal, there is no a standard level, there are normal criminals, noobies, and pro ones, you gonna find those pro ones be trying to figure out ways to get over cops, which is again totally normal those who're giving the game more fun and you be creating creative ways to be able to arrest them, you already one of the top cops on the server, and I guess you already advancing these points above.

And btw, It's a common problem for both of us, pretty sure you haven't seen how Rogue uses BMX while they're turfing to avoid getting shot & also to be able to affect the percentage for the longest time and take the zone easily, that's real cancer, man, but we here, we've been training a bit on how to get their head off while they moving around with their bikes, we didn't argue by opening a topic, for let's say, "the inability to affect on the percentage of the zone while riding a bike", that's just a small example of how we deal with out coming problems we face through our gameplay.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ammarr said:

I don't know to be honest, I see that since Cops got a car like water tank giving them advantages like it makes people lay on the ground and other cop come and taze then why would you get mad from riding a BMX, I mean if you guys want really make it fairly play just remove Water Tank because as I said alot before, it is Overpower and if you told me "you can just damage the player while in the tank" I do not have the time to damage him because he will just start  openning his canon and other cop come and arrest and that's it , and if you said "I can damage the tank" same reason I don't have the time to do all of that , but actually I have got a good solution for this.

2. Make the Water Tank with like a level which if you started to get out the water from the cannon you have just "X LEVEL" (CountDown which you should wait for X time till you start to use the cannon again).

3. Don't allow Cops to ram Crims while trying to arrest them since Cops got ( Shotgun: Which makes the Crim slow down ) and they have got the ability to taze and makes the crim lay down for 5 sec.

Actually infinity, Double Jump (Mega Jump) is removed so I guess it is hard to get to roof anymore that ( Answering on reason 1 ) .

( Answering on reason 3 ) actually Cops can use Energy too + I see that Sync issue (Enter_exit) animation is like giving a chance to the criminal to run away and escape because imagine if there is no Animation or whatever it is called and the cop keep aiming on the criminal while he is exiting the BMX so there will be no way even to run.
and actually I didn't see a cop using BMX/Mountain while chasing a criminal before and all cops are using energy and most of them are using cars/bullet to knock the criminals off the BMX/Mountain and to be honest I don't see any Hard or problem in this.

( Answering on reason 5 ) Actually I agree with you that it is hard to damage a player while using a BMX/Mountain but as I said in this Comment, It is impossible too to damage the cop who is using the water tank even I can't damage the tank since the cop will just keep abusing this cannon on my body which makes me can't even run till a cop comes and taze then arrest. 

( I guess all what I have said is almost answering everything in this suggestion )

Who on earth actually uses the water tank except for General? It takes an eternity to travel from one point to another and on top of that, it's an easy target for getting killed if the shooter knows where to aim. The hitbox for the BMX is terrible, making it nearly impossible to kill anyone. It's a laughable comparison.

Edited by Blue
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Ammarr said:

Hi Ammarr, thank you for your detailed response. Here is my reply to your message:

I understand that we have access to the water tank, but to be honest, it is rarely used. There are strict rules governing when the water tank can and cannot be utilised, and it is not as easily accessible as the BMX. Additionally, the water tank is specifically designed for certain scenarios, whereas the BMX is freely exploited, leading to abusive gameplay. Hence, the two are quite different. It doesn't make sense within the game that a BMX would grant immunity from being knocked off or shot, providing an unfair advantage compared to the water tank. While a water tank can be easily destroyed by a few shots from an M4 magazine, a bike cannot.

Moreover, since my return to playing on SAES, I have not witnessed any squad employing the water tank in any situation. Granted, it has only been two weeks since my return, but this absence of water tank usage still suggests that no squad has utilised it during this time. Conversely, gangs have been extensively using the broken and overpowered BMX for store robberies, turf wars, and evading arrest because they know how effortless it is to avoid being shot or arrested.

Although I am willing to impose restrictions on the use of the water tank (if they don't already exist, as I vaguely remember restrictions from the past), I believe it is more pressing to address the issue of individuals gaining an extremely unfair advantage by using a bike while wanted.

Lastly, I'm not even sure if the water tank has the capability to knock someone off a bike.

• Like 1