Brophy

Gang base raiding for contraband  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this added?

• Yes
    • No, explain why.

Question

Hi.

I had an idea to give the cops something to do, instead of just waiting for criminals to commit a crime so they can do something about it.

My idea was that we allow cops to raid gang bases for "contraband".

How it would work:

• Gangs would be able to gather contraband to store at bases, by storing it, they give gang members a modifier to boost their criminal activity payouts.
    • Contraband would sit there until a raid is started.
    • Contraband would require your gang to collect a certain amount to lock in the boost modifier and allow the police to raid.
    • Contraband would be gathered from store robberies or using a designated vehicle to collect from the map. (TBD)
  • Cops can raid a gang base once every 24 hours to look for contraband.
    • Squads will be given a 3rd "raid" spawn to use for raids. (to balance the gang member's 3rd hideout spawn below).
  • Cops can only raid a gang base if there are x amount of gang members online (regardless of how they are spawned).
  • Once cops break through the base's contraband interior entrance, they have x time to find the contraband.
    • This should be done via an interior that is the same for every gang. Some bases are harder to breach than others, depending on design and location so they would be targeted more. If each gang had the same 'base raid interior' as an addition to their current interior, then this would function closer to how BRs work for criminals.
    • Gang members can only use the main gang spawns once and will have to respawn at their 3rd "hideout" spawn, their house or hospital afterwards.
  • If cops manage to gather evidence or contraband, they put the base into "lockdown" and are rewarded with x fee
    • Gang members online (regardless of spawn would get 42 stars)
    • Gang members are restricted from using their gang spawn for x time (lockdown). (time TBD).
      • Gangs will be given a 3rd "hideout" spawn to use during this time.
        • A small limit of a 5kb base, no interior, and a couple of gang vehicles could be located there and this would be a 'stronghold' as such, and can't be raided by police.
  • If cops don't succeed in gathering evidence or contraband, the contraband is immediately sold (to start the cycle again) and online gang members are rewarded with a percentage of the sale.

This is very much a basic concept and is open to discussion and modification.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 answers to this question

I like the idea, but my vote is currently no based on a few things I don't like the look of...

Once cops break through the base entrance, they have x time to find the contraband (possibly using multiple locked doors and lock picking from brs to slow them down)

This should be done via an interior that is the same for every gang. Some bases are harder to breach than others, depending on design and location so they would be targeted more. If each gang had the same 'base raid interior' as an addition to their current interior, then this would function closer to how BRs work for criminals. It would also make it far easier to police from an admin pov.

Gang members are restricted from using their gang spawn for x time (lockdown).

I'm torn on this. I like the idea of it but in current practice i don't think it's ideal. Gangs are judged heavily on their activity and restricting that during what could be an active time for them is not great. My counter suggestion would be gangs could be given a 3rd spawn, "gangname Hideout" which they could pick from one of their gang properties where this would be. A small limit of a 5kb base, no interior, and a couple of gang vehicles could be located there and this would be a 'stronghold' as such, and can't be raided by police.

To make it fair, it would be a good idea if squads could have the same thing. A 3rd spawn, a 'raid division' if you will, 5kb worth of mapping in another location, no interior and a few upgraded vehicles? Maybe a couple of armored trucks (which I believe Kain created at one point), and possibly a different weapons loadout.

Much how we used to allow SS at BRs, we could possibly allow SS to assist in raiding the best defensive gang every month too?

Gangs would be able to gather contraband (the "how" to be determined) to store at bases

In terms of how contraband is secured, this could be implemented into store robberies? Every X amount of store robberies done by gang members as a whole, will contrubute to X amount of contraband in a gang base?

Edited by Jay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sounds great with Jay's adjustments. This essentially sounds like a combination of GRs & the little MC business raids you get on GTA 5.
Perhaps the way you gather contraband could be made in a similar fashion to how Money Transports work on the server. Players would use a designated vehicle, ideally an SUV or a truck, to travel to random locations across the map. These locations would serve as points for collecting contraband. You may turn these locations into little Store Robberies, which require a few minutes to finish and for cops to raid. See it as the time to "load" the contraband into the SUV or on to the truck. Once obtained, the contraband would be transported back to the gang base, contributing to a contraband meter that tracks the progress or accumulation of contraband. After a couple of deliveries, the contraband meter reaches 100%, which enables the boost for criminal activity payouts and permission for cops to raid the base. You could even make it so cops can raid the contraband transports themselves to receive a bonus payout.

Also, is it possible that we get this feature for Organisation Robberies too? @JohnnyEnglish🥺:

• Gang members can only use the gang spawn once and will after respawn at their house or hospital afterwards.

Edited by Crank
  • Like 1

I've adjusted the first post based on the feedback.

I've changed my vote to a yes, this seems much more fair for all involved. Especially if we reset the economy too, people wouldn't be able to spawn anywhere 😆