Server players count

Liyones

Hello everyone, so as you all know that the players count is getting worst it's like every month someone leaves the server, so actually doesn't mean the server dead because there are bunch of solutions for this problem but none of them is being used, SAES already used to be one of best and oldest servers in MTA and as i far as i know SAES was the first server that was created, well we already know the reasons why the server players count is decreased and as i said this problems can be already solved it just need a work from the admins and developers as well, everytime we ask for improvements to server we simply get ignored or they just tell us "there is suggestions section for this" but bunch of suggestions already got enough votes and they are still added, for example this one https://saesrpg.uk/topic/32468/neon-lights-for-vehicles?_=1660644712423 or even this
https://saesrpg.uk/topic/20045/feature-sr-or-hr?page=1 it's been 2 years already and still not added, the fact that people post suggestions and they already know it will be just ignored right, well in other servers like SAUR or something every minute just an activity happen they couldn't stop hosting events and activities and their suggestions already gets reviewed by the admins team, im not comparing but it's the fact, the only thing is working and improving in the server is the punishments, you actually get punished the minute you break a rule, anyways SAES can grow if you start working on it, im not saying that you should skip everything in life and just focus in SAES, just make another activities that we have fun while doing it or something that can increase the players count, or just maybe recruit more scripters that are interested in making scripts for SAES and start getting the accepted suggestions in-game, as i see that the only thing is getting added in-game is wraps and levels rewards and it already take a while to be added and it's the same routine everyday SR>VIP>BR>, that's what i can say.

Saying admins/HQ/devs don't take suggestions seriously and ignore them is a very ignorant and rude remark considering they spend a lot of time on creating and adding new stuff.

I would suggest you to try and script yourself and work on making stuff yourself rather then criticizingthe people who do already. You already suggested 2 things to be added so you can start with scripting those.

Goodluck have fun

The teams are mostly lurking around the suggestions forums and gathering feedback on how we can improve the server, and while it may look like we're ignoring players suggestions this really isn't the case. In order for a suggestion to pass you'll usually need to do some research and explore your options on how to bring content into the server, and this content needs to maintain a certain standard - it should be well structured, optimized and secure so that others in the teams are able to review and make changes. This means that taking a few code examples from the wiki or a community resource might not suffice even though it could greatly speed up development of the server.

As indicated in the 1.6 news post we have the second part of a major update simmering behind the scenes, bringing yet another portion of fun to the server, and while I'm not part of the development team I can tell you with confidence that what we are working on with the devs is something worth looking forwards to. You might also see a few suggestions make it to the game.

Some teams in the clan dedicate hours into keeping the community safe and sorting out any issues and admin requests, while others like to spend their time resolving bugs and adding regular updates which aren't kept waiting for the major version updates. We have a set of guidelines for server moderation, and I'm happy to let you know none of us enjoy issuing punishments but moderation is a vital part of managing larger communities. Punishments are not handed out left and right, and to prevent exactly that, there are teams who audit decisions made by the team and provide feedback where needed. Without the efforts by these teams and outstanding community members who take a step forwards to help, I'm not sure the community would sustain this long.

At the end of the day we are dealing with a 19 year old multiplayer modification with a great deal old code, and this naturally places a barrier between new people wanting to invest their time on this rather than projects on more recent game engines where possibilities are on another level. Some MTA servers have established themselves as "companies" and pay their "employees" while other server contributors charge for their works much like a freelancer would. Not all servers have the fundings to support this, which can be a contributing factor to less development. Be the change you want to see, whether that is helping out financially or contributing by other means!

Ive been within this community for way to long to appreciate what the current dev team is doin.

If you look back a few years. The updates weve had this last year is more than ive seen in the years back in the days where we could have only one update per year at max. And having a huge update like 1.6 would be the biggest thing ever happening and kinda only happend a few times. So befor giving the Dev team the shit. Go look on how it used to be a couple years ago towards today. Its a significantly change in the dev teams work and admire to make something for the community. We should be happy enough they care and put their free time in developing in a dead ass game from 2000.

I dont really know about what ya saying dude but i guess maybe its just bcuz you playing a game from 2004, it is what it is, people get bored they change they move on, maybe its better of you think of moving SAES legacy to GTA V or something else like that.

@Weppo said in Server players count:

Saying admins/HQ/devs don't take suggestions seriously and ignore them is a very ignorant and rude remark considering they spend a lot of time on creating and adding new stuff.

I would suggest you to try and script yourself and work on making stuff yourself rather then criticizingthe people who do already. You already suggested 2 things to be added so you can start with scripting those.

Goodluck have fun

Im sorry if that was rude to you, i didn't mean to say anything bad about admins and i do really appreciate the works and efforts they put in the server.

Well @Weppo @Linkan @KARIM i guess you didn't get the point of this topic, because i didn't create this topic to attack Admins and say shit about them, i was actually giving my opinion/point of view nothing much, because i already know that the admins working for the server to keep it alive and how they trying their best to keep the community clean.

It's a 20 year old game, nothing lasts forever, if you actually care about saes that much you're probably too far invested for your own good health and social life irl.

Saes is doing quite a bit worse than other well known English servers but they're all going down too, SAUR only hits 200 once a week and CIT tops out at 300 still, which is less than 50% from peak. SAES hits ~80 daily and 100 on a really good day which is like 30% of peak but bear in mind e.g. CIT gameplay splitting activity to 3 cities means 300 CIT = ~150 SAES so u spend a lot of time alone

Anyway, SAES would be a lot more playable if blips were brought back and all cop changes since 2018 were removed, the server became a lot more toxic since then and a lot more like League in terms of desk bangs per hour as a criminal rather than the casual game it was before .. but that would only bring it back up to 100-120 daily at best.

I think you are being extremely unfair to those who work for this server to get back on track, random people are being invited all over to special groups to raise up activity, what more can you expect?! I'm not even mentioning the fact that a bunch of people, not more than 5, can create a random organization and get awarded with a spawn in less than a month. Directors of those groups are easing up the recruitment processes to attract somewhat reasonable activity.

For those who are into economics and stuff, it feels like seeing countries issue super bonds to cut the bleeding temporarily and running out of the stable valuation within a few months.

• 2 weeks later...

Money was the most important factor for me personally.

Buying and reselling properties was very fun.

People get attracted if money is given to them.
That's a fact, if you wish to deny you are free to deny.

I think first downfall for SAES when new rules were implemented regarding housing.
Like introduction of new property limit, restricting the property sell price etc

I think roleplay will come if money is involved in some ways just like everything happens with money in real life.

Real economy like system needs to be introduced in SAES. We can get idea from real life systems weather it is cops, criminals, government, military etc their budgets, employee management, share market with the listed companies to invest in, military budget set by the government, import and export of food or military vehicles or planes with CUBA or other country if added. Income tax department to raid the offices of corrupt people and companies, safe havens country for rich people to deposit their money with privacy etc their can be lots of ideas taken from real life.