[CHANGE] Nightstick arrest[SOLVED]

Omar

Question

Before i kick this off , i'd like to say that this was already suggested but perhaps did not receive the appropriate attention to it. So i would like to bring it up one more time but this time with a poll so we can see what the community decides. First of all this idea was suggested back in 2018 by @Villa, you can see the post here https://saesrpg.uk/topic/5189/reliability-of-arresting-with-a-nightstick

So, I know this is kinda hard for the cops to take in but please bear with me. I know the first topic looked at the matter from a different perspective but honestly i don't want to compare ingame arrest to real life arrests , i understand this is just a game and that it shouldn't be so realistic to arrest someone on a video game.

However if we look at it from an unbiased point of view you'll find that most /arguably all of the criminal activities require team work for them to get money. On the other hand cop side have the privilege to do things individually. cops are rewarded greatly for individual work. A single cop can land on a store rob and get like 3/4 arrests. It's common that you look up on the arrests notification area and find a cop getting 6 arrests in a row and your first guess is right. He totally smashed through them with the almighty thor hammer like nightstick that can get him that many arrests with just a simple click.

Don't get me wrong , i'm not denying that cops do a lot of teamwork but all im saying is that they are still being rewarded greatly for individual work compared to criminals. And there's no other way to fix that than simply changing the nightstick arrest system.

I'd like to call it the Vulnerability bar. This should be visible on the criminal screen and also the cops. From the cirminals pov , they will have this bar somwhere on the screen and once they're hit with a nightstick it will fill to half then if they're hit again they're arrested. Cops will also be able to see cirminals that are vulnerable simply by looking at the criminals' health bars, if criminals are below 50% hp then they should be 1 shot = arrest with nightstick. If they have full hp then the vulnerability bar comes into action, once the criminal is hit a star should appear next to their nametag or whichever is fit then cops know who to go after.

so, to sum this up. This vulnerability bar is associated with 2 things. First the HP ; if it's below 50% (changable) 1 hit = arrest. Second the amount of registered hits; if a criminal gets hit once then the second time = arrest. And also the bar should reset after a minute or 2 ( also changeable ) So , i have no idea why this suggestion wasn't taken into consideration but i hope now it will be. This seems like the only thing we can do to balance things out between the two sides.

13 answers to this question

While on paper idea might sound interesting, in-game is a whole different scenario. With the desync the server has, most likely that will make people above 100 ping impossible to arrest if they want to attempt an arrest without lowering their health, and again, lowering the health of a criminal that has over 100 ping is not easy task, since a lot of times shots don't register and you'll end dead while trying to get him low in order to arrest.

Not to mention, it will incentive cops to kill more criminals than they actually try to arrest. The only reason you see a cop being able to arrest 6 guys in a row in a SR is most likely because there were a lot of guys standing still without being aware of what was happening, or them just landing a shamal on top of a lot of criminals and then swinging their nightstick, but that's almost their whole strategy when it comes to SRs. Without them being able to get a lot of guys after landing with their shamal or any other airplane on top of the SR, it will turn into an all-out shoot-out between crims and cops which at the end really doesn't help in the idea of teamwork, since a single guy can snipe down a lot of guys while being alone in the furthest corner of the map.

While I do think the arrest system need a rework since the player base has become way better at the game than they used to be and tools like taser make a 1 v 1 scenario impossible to win against a cop (unless you have serious lag issues), I really doubt this would do the trick.

However, fun suggestion :thumbs_up:

What a lot of people miss, especially criminals that barely play as cops is, that cops deal with a lot of sync issues, as Licano already stated. Even though it looks easy to run around, hitting people with nightstick, it is not. Once criminals are moving around it becomes an almost impossible task to arrest anyone soley with the nighstick, as you sort of have to predict where they are running towards in order to have a hit registered. For example, I personally have barely any success to run around and arrest people with nightstick as I got no lag to help me out. This greatly helps out any criminal to just shoot me down with ease. Furthermore, you have not elaborated how this would work once a player has been tased. Do you expect cops to hit them twice whilst they are on the ground? You seem to forget that any kind of hit or shot removes the animation of a tased person (them laying on the ground), resulting in them being able to fire/hit back. Cops already consistently require a bunch of hits with a nightstick to arrest anyone on the ground, I am also not talking about the laggy type of player, because these players are almost impossible to arrest with only 1 nightstick hit even when tased. Also, how would you expect cops to raid BR vault rooms with this change? It is already hard enough to reach the vault room with a half decent BR defense, requiring 2 nightstick hits (at best without server sync) would make crackers invincible to any raid.

Now, lets say you make it so tased criminals still require only 1 nighstick hit and you make it so BRs are not affected from this change, then what is even the purpose of this change? So that cops are absolutely forced to shoot groups of criminals to get that 1 hit nightstick? The server already lacks cops, restricting them from having a small chance to make 1 lucky arrest with nighstick spam against a group would make cop side even less attractive to lonewolf players.

I see no reason to make a change such as this so that criminals have an easier time on SR roofs f.e.

@Omar I'd prefer if the suggestion was about cops taking criminals to the nearest police departments, but both aren't gonna happen.

A suggestion has to work in the way both sides like it, if one doesn't, it's dumped.
Just see the example of mine (prison map) I didn't talk much about the crims that I got gaps to fill, but they were too late, I proposed too late easier ways to escape, but hard ways to get in,
but here's the issue, even if both sides were balanced, crims still won't like it because they want to "spawn kill"

There should be special suggestions that show balance so they require no voting.

@Crank said in [CHANGE] Nightstick arrest:

What a lot of people miss, especially criminals that barely play as cops is, that cops deal with a lot of sync issues, as Licano already stated. Even though it looks easy to run around, hitting people with nightstick, it is not. Once criminals are moving around it becomes an almost impossible task to arrest anyone soley with the nighstick, as you sort of have to predict where they are running towards in order to have a hit registered. For example, I personally have barely any success to run around and arrest people with nightstick as I got no lag to help me out. This greatly helps out any criminal to just shoot me down with ease. Furthermore, you have not elaborated how this would work once a player has been tased. Do you expect cops to hit them twice whilst they are on the ground? You seem to forget that any kind of hit or shot removes the animation of a tased person (them laying on the ground), resulting in them being able to fire/hit back. Cops already consistently require a bunch of hits with a nightstick to arrest anyone on the ground, I am also not talking about the laggy type of player, because these players are almost impossible to arrest with only 1 nightstick hit even when tased. Also, how would you expect cops to raid BR vault rooms with this change? It is already hard enough to reach the vault room with a half decent BR defense, requiring 2 nightstick hits (at best without server sync) would make crackers invincible to any raid.

do they not teach paragraphs in germany

shit looks like 50 years of berlin wall grafitti

@silalius That used to be a thing in 2011. You could not get arrested unless your health was at about 85-90%. You could also lose HP from being hit with a nightstick, which is now disabled (although sometimes you still take damage for some reason). It was an interesting solution, but the downside of it was that if you went after a CLO with full HP and armor, you had to either remove his armor or run him over with a car.