[CHANGE] BR Starting - Minimum Requirements - Part 2

Brophy

Question

Hi Guys,

Appreciate you taking the time to vote and comment on the following topic: https://saesrpg.uk/topic/29283/change-br-starting-minimum-requirements

With that in mind, a few alternative suggestions came of it, therefore I'm going to pitch them to you to vote on.

The things that remain the same in the scenarios are:

• If BR is successful, the amount that the criminals taking part get in the BR will be (paymentValue + applicableAreaValue) + (paymentPerCop * numberOfCopsTakingPart)

• Criminals within the "applicable area" (i.e. vault area + certain corridors) get more than criminals who are not in the applicable area

• If BR fails, the amount that the cops that take part in the BR get will be paymentPerSafe * numberUncrackedSafes on bank reset.

• Cops who are not alive or inside the bank on failure/reset get the above payment divided by 3

• There will be caps on the maximum payout, so amounts do not become silly.

Scenario 1:

• Criminals can start BR with 5 cops on the server (including all squad members regardless of spawn) if server player count is below 40

• Criminals can start BR with 10 cops on the server (including all squad members regardless of spawn) if server player count is above 40

Scenario 2:

• Criminals can start a BR with 5 cops on the server (including all spawns cops, regardless of squad / squadless)

Scenario 3:

• Criminals can start a BR with no cops on the server.

Please decide carefully, as we will only be implementing a change with a majority of 50% or more

The vote ends on the 25th Oct @ 12:00pm

EDIT: Scenario 3 updated to remove "if player count below 30" to coincide with @Terry's suggestion that people seem happy with.

24 answers to this question

If you are going to consider the whole cop side (police class and official squad members), won't that be an advantage to criminals, bet they will start spawning as cops so they can start it easily, to prevent this from happening, I believe that a rule most get added to this
Official Gang members are not allowed to spawn as cops when there is a regroupment
or just separate them from squadless cops.

I would vote for scenario 1 if "squadless cops" is being removed because it just doesn't make sense. Trainee spawn will be abused to start a BR.
However, if those are final options, I voted for scenario 2 because it is best option among others but generally very abusive as well if gang members join the server, when it is below 30 players, after their gang starts the BR.

I changed my vote to scenario 1 since it has been updated.

At this point, scenario 1 seems like the ideal way to proceed and see what happens. But one point I'd like to iterate is that; if EVERY cop spawn is counted when deciding the online cop count, as everyone might guess, there will be people who will take advantage of this situation and spawn as cops to trigger a bank robbery. A lot more weight will be on admin/staff members because reports will start to pour in on this issue. Let alone, this will even cause bigger chaos between cop-side players and criminals. The community is as toxic as possible at this stage and giving them stuff to provoke each other will just make things worse and eventually make the server inhabitant for all of us. On that note, I'd like to pitch in the same idea I've been slandering on this platform. Instead of just counting cops that are SPAWNED as official squad spawns, make it so that If an official squad member is ingame (regardless of the spawn) they will count as +1 in the cop count.

I do know that with the current state of the official squads, this might still bear the problem of "not enough cops to br" issue, but I think in the name of greater good, consequences could be dealt with.

(EDIT: I, again, know people might quit to reduce the cop count for BR's. As for this issue, we could bring a system that if a cop leaves the server, their count (the +1 that player adds ) will be in tact for about 10 minutes.

E.g.; There are 10 official squad members online. A squad member leaves the game at 13.00. The count will remain as 10 until 13.10. This should give criminals the window they need to regroup and fly to the bank even if a random official squad member decides to leave the game to prevent the br.)

Unpopular opinion:

Don't require any cops to start a bank robbery. Just remove the concept of ''needing cops to start a bank robbery'' completely and be done with it for good, but while doing that also adjust the payment of BRs to prevent easy cash making.

X = current payout

15+ cops: X + 100k
10-14 cops: X
5-9 cops: X - 200k
0-4 cops: 50k

Pros

• No more cops respawning/quitting game drama

• No more reports about BR abuse etc.

• An activity besides SR to do all times for crims without depending on cops activities

Cons

• ??

Some could argue that it's free activity farming etc. for crims to BR when there are no cops around.

Free activity?? Okay so be it lol, activities are there to be done, as long as you get a fair amount of cash, I don't see any problem with letting crims BR when there is no cops online. No reason to limit their fun.

I honestly believe this may encourage cops to fight in BRs more, because right now they just log off/respawn to prevent BRs. Knowing that you have the power to stop a BR before it even begins by simply clicking 2 buttons made cops lazier than ever. If they know the only way to prevent a BR would be by actually attending and attempting to arrest, more cops would get involved if you ask me.

Honestly I'd argue it would also be a good idea to allow gang members to participate in BRs as cops, just like they are allowed for SR and JB, at the very least with a truly dead cop side it would make the BR scene far more competitive

@blizzard said in [CHANGE] BR Starting - Minimum Requirements - Part 2:

Honestly I'd argue it would also be a good idea to allow gang members to participate in BRs as cops, just like they are allowed for SR and JB, at the very least with a truly dead cop side it would make the BR scene far more competitive

+1, Let any gang members participate as cops in an ongoing BR. That would put more pressure and atmosphere within the bank robbery. Not to mention that the numbers would be fairly equal and it would be far more fun. I suggest removing this as a rule and letting gang members attend BRs whenever they wish to do so.

@blizzard said in [CHANGE] BR Starting - Minimum Requirements - Part 2:

It might be worth starting another suggestion topic about that.

Complaining about defending outside lol just adapt to it
For me aint funny to tell two of my members to spawn as police officer trainee to bribe each crim because there are 3-4 monkeys with autism kamikazing our shamals without intention to arrest but yet we are adapting to it

We will be implementing scenario 1 as it was only 1 vote short of passing.

We will run these changes for a month, then the community can decide if they wish to keep it or not.

I will post here and get @Scorpyo to post in the #saesdev-changelog channel on discord once this is live.

Thanks for taking part in the feedback process.

This is now live

• BR Changes:

• Criminals can start BR with 5 cops on the server if server player count is below 40

• Criminals can start BR with 10 cops on the server if server player count is above 40

• Criminals reward is now based off the amount of spawned cops on BR start

• Cops now get rewarded on bank reset, 35k per uncracked safe ( cops who assisted in the bankrob but are outside the bank or dead at the time of the reset also get rewarded, but less than the ones inside the bank )
      Cop count upon attempting to start a BR is calculated using the following:

• Spawned special group members ( DE / HLS )

• Spawned procop members

• Official squad members ( regardless of their spawns )
        Note: Trainees do not count

Example scenario:
With below 40 players online, criminals can start a bankrob with only 5 squad members on the server which are all spawned as criminals ( there are 0 spawned cops ) but get paid a very low payment