[CHANGE] BR Starting - Minimum Requirements

Brophy

Question

Based upon feedback from people and here we are looking at changing the way BR work.

To prevent cops from strategically logging out or spawning civilian to stop a BR from starting, we are looking at implementing the following changes:

• No cops will be required to be present on the server to start a BR

• The payout BRs give out will be depending on the amount of police playing on the server or police taking part in the BR.

• If BR is successful, the amount that the criminals get taking part in the BR will be (x + paymentPerCop * numberOfCops)

• If BR fails, the amount that the cops on the server or cops that take part in the BR get will be paymentPerSafe * numberUncrackedSafes on bank reset.

• There will be caps on the maximum payout, so amounts do not become silly.

The calculations above are examples and are still being worked on, but we will publish them for you to look at in the next few days.

If you vote no, please state some constructive feedback.

17 answers to this question

Seems totally fair to be honest, gangs get to host their activities no matter what, and cops get a payment morale boost to actually take part in BRs.

Personally, I could not give less of a shit about money, I have around 160-170m sitting in my bank account which I can't do shit

Having the possibility to start a BR regardless of Cop count might be a good way to resolve the current issue. This would also allow gangs to keep posting thier BR activities in the media topics.

However, as mentioned the payout will be scaled accordingly to the amount of cops that are spawned. Does this still only involve Squad members or will regular cops will be taken into account? ( Don't do/ Join BRs often, so just looking for a general POV )

We could look into detecting cops/squads that take part in the BR rather than just the count too.

I think if there are 30 cops online, but only 8 take part, payments to criminals (which you don't seem bothered about) would be high.

But at the same time, if the BR fails, why should all the cops get a cut of the reward if they didn't bother taking part?

I've updated the main post to reflect this, as its a discussion point that we can decide on.

@brophy said in [CHANGE] BR Starting - Minimum Requirements:

We could look into detecting cops/squads that take part in the BR rather than just the count too.

I think if there are 30 cops online, but only 8 take part, payments to criminals (which you don't seem bothered about) would be high.

As long as we are allowed to do the activity don't actually think any of us cares much about the money, maybe (the very few) new players. Perhaps at the bare 0 minimum it could be a payment something slightly bigger than your average SR pay (SR - 30k ; br for non-gang robbers 40k ; for gang members - 50k?).

Though, I'd also take in consideration the possibility of the cops ditching intentionally the BR just so we'd have a lower payment (not that I'd care about, but it would be an overall dick move) - so maybe a 5 minute payment timer for the maximum number of cops in the bank?

Like, let's assume 10 squad members enter the bank and the maximum payout is set at X variant, if all 10 squad member suddenly decide not to participate anymore, the payment would stay the same for the following 5 minutes - after 5 minutes it decreases to then maximum number of cops and the payment gets reset.

Honestly find this solution abit too excessive. Not needing cops at all to start a bankrob will just end up in every gang robbing during nights when there are barely cops in game to secure that 100% success rate and what not.

Bankrobs are supposed to be a challenge and yes there was an issue where cops disconnected right before a BR was about to start to prevent them, but there are far more reasonable solutions than this.

F.e from Bissolinis suggestion :

"(II)If the official squad member count is 10 and someone leaves, that count stays for 5-10 minutes more. For an example a gang is regrouping while there are 10 official squad members. On their take-off, 1 or 2 leaves and that way they can't start a bank robbery. So you could make it so even after they leave, they'd count for some more time."

If you decide to proceed with this, to keep bankrobs a challenge you might want to increase the cracking numbers in bankrobs accordingly with the amount of cops in game prior to starting a bankrob.

We could look at that if/when the police side count recovers, but at this time where counts are low, you are expecting players who want to do the activity to wait around for server peak times to get the number they need to start one.

I mean, crims have already suggested that the money aspect isn't what's appealing to them, it's the activity, so there is nothing stopping us from having a 0 or low payout.

To be honest, I really didnt like the first one No cops will be required to be present on the server to start a BR
I mean like, I believe that successful BR rate will improve a lot since average gangs will make their BRs in the late night, We can set the amount of cops to 5 and consider procops plus cops who are spawned as another class.
The last one is creative, I support it.

Looks good but that will not rise gangs activity, will just make it looks good only in media.
Cause like old day all gangs was tried to do BRS in night even with no helpers to have 8/8 to post in media like something good
but best BRS when be challenge vs cops, but all feel boring cause no new in server and all waiting for add new projects already in preview from months so will not change a lot, but I hope in the future things will change for better.

I got another idea
This is the current system regarding how fast the doors opens
[s=]alt text[/s]
I would like to suggest adding back the old system where:
Squad members + Gangless players qualified to the quote of 10 cops to start a bank robbery
But where the door's system remains the same
What do I mean
Example:
You are bank robbing at 1 a.m. where there are 4 squad members spawned and 6 gangless players spawned as Police Officer Trainee//State Trooper
This mean you can start the bank robbery but you would need to wait 152 seconds after every door, time that is reduced from the total time to crack (we get 5-6 minutes to crack 8 safes depending on the bank - this timer start after cracking 3rd/4th door)
On a short version only squad members would affect how fast the doors opens
Also the payment would be reduced aswell depending on the squad members spawned

@brophy said in [CHANGE] BR Starting - Minimum Requirements:

• The payout BRs give out will be depending on the amount of police playing on the server or police taking part in the BR.

• If BR is successful, the amount that the criminals get taking part in the BR will be (x + paymentPerCop * numberOfCops)

• If BR fails, the amount that the cops on the server or cops that take part in the BR get will be paymentPerSafe * numberUncrackedSafes on bank reset.

These are the key points to highlight and only one addition I'd like to make, which is to be sure that only criminals present at the time of a safe completion get paid (not at the end of the BR) and also that cops get paid if they were in the bank <x amount of time ago.
This is so a cop who could possibly be killed a few moments before a bank resets still gets paid, because it would be harsh for them not to be imo. They still contributed to bank security and should be paid accordingly. Obviously criminals who get arrested give up that right to payment.

This should also work the other way around too, so criminals only get paid per cop for those who attended during the same <x minutes. Also the active robbing gang should be paid more than any other criminal there still.

I think that's a fair substitute for removing the cop count.

I'm not sure if the cop count should be completely removed though. It's extremely rare that there are no cops on the server, perhaps during South American gringo hours with less than 40 people online is a possibility, and I don't think the idea of gangs farming activity with 0 cops about is the best idea. I would still ensure that perhaps a bare minimum of 5 or so cops, with non-official included in the count? I still personally think 10 is fine if we include non-official and spawned-as-other-class squad members too but that's not up to me.

@sanfara said in [CHANGE] BR Starting - Minimum Requirements:

To be honest, I really didnt like the first one No cops will be required to be present on the server to start a BR
I mean like, I believe that successful BR rate will improve a lot since average gangs will make their BRs in the late night, We can set the amount of cops to 5 and consider procops plus cops who are spawned as another class.
The last one is creative, I support it.

Well that because the server is dying slowly and the amount of players in both side are somewhat few which make BR happens to be rare, plus if the cops didn't abuse the scripts we wouldn't come so far to this, so i think thats fair since the payout will be related to the number of cops online and it will encourage the cops to recruit and to keeps activity rather than afking 24/7 as civillian

Currently the bigger issue is at night theres banks able but we cant get the number of cops to be able to start it so why not make it so after hour X the ammount of cops is decreased or removed as you said in ur topic this would make it so during the day or outside the span of hours inside hour X , you still need the 10 cops (all official cops in the server should be counted to avoid respawning to cancell a BR ) and this way we aint removing cops 100% from the activity and we can keep that method of payment to increase the interest of cops in stoping the BR

Ex: From 00 to 10 AM Cops needed to start a bR drop to 5 or even 0 as in the above suggestion , Outside this timeframe the requirements stay but all cops should be counted to start a BR( Official Squads members /PC members) even if spawned as something else