Sou's application for Community Staff

Sou

Your ingame username: thedamnboss
Your ingame alias: Sou
Your year of birth: 2002
Your gender: Male

Nationality: Tunisian
Country of residence: Tunisia

How long you have been playing SAES: Since late 2015 but I didn't commit myself to the community until January of 2016.
Qualities you can offer: While not much of a talker, I'm a good listener and I'm always willing to hear people out regarding their issues or concerns or if it's just casual talk. I don't ever deny people help unless I'm genuinely unable to offer any. Over my time in the community, with advice and personal experience, I've learned to be an effective mediator and to go about addressing arguments with reason and without offending the parties involved, and I'm grateful to have had people trust me in that regard. I've never really been one to get into an argument myself. One thing I've targeted since my last application three years ago and especially since my return from a much needed break throughout 2020, is to do my part in ensuring a pleasant and fun experience for everyone on the server, even through the simplest acts. The server took its toll on me at one point and I allowed it to affect my attitude towards some people, but I like to think I'm past it at this point. And while I'm sure I mentioned it before as well, now I actually feel more confident in saying that I'm able to maintain a healthy balance between keeping it serious and indulging in harmless silliness from time to time.
Your weaknesses: Like most people, I never really take kindly to unnecessary hate or toxicity that gets directed towards me. Although I've learned to take hold of my fingers and not rush to type an essay on why I wholeheartedly despise someone's entire existence, I still tend to agonize over any mistakes I may have made that could lead to said hate. It's likely to affect my ability to think or do tasks but at least I keep it to myself. I can also be a little too skeptical about people or things, which stems from some bad personal experiences.

Do you have Discord Installed: Yes, I do

Reason for application: For more than five years I've had my fun with groups and actively playing the game. But I'm no longer that competitive of a player, and if I'm being honest I haven't been interested in the gameplay aspect of the server unless there's fun to be had with a group of people. Any time not spent doing that is spent making conversation or by myself somewhere on the map. I could do with a task that keeps me busy, and if that means "formally" assisting people in my capacity as CS or SAHA and helping make the server a good place to play and spend time, all the better.

Server Memberships: SWAT, DE, SAI, and ProCops

Additional information: None.

Previous (legitimate) punishments on the server: I can only recall one legitimate adminjail for helping a criminal get away from cops while being a cop myself, I'm guessing sometime between 2017 and 2018. Other than that, just the occasional mutes for not speaking English in main chat.
Previous (legitimate) bans: Once in May of 2016 for multiaccounting, and a second time in May of 2017 for suspicion of helping someone evade their ban.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

After reviewing playtime data from all of our applicants throughout the last couple of months, I regret to inform you that your activity has been on the lower end of the spectrum that is desired for this role and as a result you have not been successful during this recruitment.

May I recommend that you try and maintain consistent activity if you wish to apply for positions within the SAES Team in the future.

Best of luck next time!

alt text

Decent app but activity is really poor.