Jail - Community Feedback 2.0

alt text

We've seen your feedback in the previous jail topic, and we would like another round of feedback regarding a potential solution.

Those who did describe what they miss with the old jail was the perpetual DM / stalemate between cops and criminals. While the original reason we changed was because people complained the old jail would have jailbreaks last for hours, and be too easy.

The suggestion to re-introduce this lost gameplay, while keeping a more difficult jail as well is as follows:

• People with a wanted level of 1 to 36(*) stars go to the old jail, at LS jail

• People with a wanted level above 36(*) stars go to the current jail, at a new location**

• People who are arrested / killed within the old jail, will go to the old jail regardless of wanted level so the perpetual DM can live on

Please leave any feedback you may have.

We're looking at making a final decision soon, so please leave your opinion before Monday the 9th of August

* the 36 star level is an indication,
** New location is as of yet undecided, feel free to leave suggestions

As with the previous topics, keep replies civil and on topic.

Dividing a jail population on a sever with 100 players?

That's just going to make 2 basically empty jails.

I think everyone was relatively clear in that we just want the old jail to return without caveat.

Also the vast majority of people end up with 42 stars without even killing someone as there is no star cap on things like SR's etc.

So basically everyone would be sent to the 'new' jail.

Thanks but no thanks.

Just accept defeat?

I'm afraid seperating jails at this point might make it even worse. I think most people just want the old jail system back without any major changes, just apply some shaders to the mapping to make it look better in terms of quality but keep everything else the same, and that should honestly wrap up any future jail-change subjects as we have tried many different layouts but always ended up getting the old one back so I'd say get the old one back and just be done with it forever.

I still stand by my point with the old jail mapping getting some updates like I mentioned before.

*A door added between food court and Gym for both crimes and cops.
*A cop only door to the backside of phone room with an added cop only door midway to the long hallway. (Crims can still use the other side of phone booths though to defend)
*Move Warden spawn back to the yard, but keep the stairs to roof access
*Add taller walls near the backside of old warden yard spawn so spawn killing / nades dont / cant happen (maybe disable nades in that area if possible in general)
*Change the entrance interior layout

I think that would balance the old jail layout perfectly fine to be honest and Ive played this old mapping on both sides for many years.

Majority of criminals that get arrested have more than 36 stars. Cops will always go to arrest higher wanted level criminals for a bigger payout for the exact same amount of work. so majority of criminals that get arrested will be sent to the new jail that people don't like. But now with a split jail system there will be less people to help in a jailbreak because a quarter of jailed players would be in the old jail. Making the new jail even harder to escape from due to just less criminals to help. A split jail system would just create two dead jails like Daryl said.

i dont know why you wanna stick so hard in that new jail i mean cmon you'll make it more worst, we wanted old jail to bring activity back and now you'll kill both cop and crime side with this idea bro, do we have really to make a double jaiilbreaks ? and lets be real this time, cops will keep camping the new jail cause the old jail is hard and the old jail will be easy to jailbreak and there will be no jailbreak , absolutly its gonna be waste of time and space too, so the solution is simple, bring old jail you can make changes if you want or not but the new jail isn't a deal and will never be

Just remove this jail and bring kings home back (old jail) why you will put 2 jails il the server, we want this jail gone and you want to keep it in server. You thinking about putting 2 jails why you dont think about adding a bank or 2 look the numbers of official gangs in server now and that is better than 2 jails.

wow, ive to agree with what my favourite admin and GM said, which is very rare.

the server peaks are 120-130 people and sometimes it goes up to 140, if theres something more specific to do. making two jails would be a complete nonsense, it might finish off everyone's hopes that the server could change in a better way.

simply get back the old jail, WITHOUT ANY CHANGES. as i said in the previous topic, you can start discussions like this one if it happens again there to be 120 gang members and just 10 official squad members - if that happens we can discuss stuff such as wider jail (basically what Bazuka suggested, it is honestly a great idea), etc.

at this point, simply get back the old jail.

I initially wanted to keep the current jail layout as it is, considering it is much more controllable with the number of cops on the server.

From my side, I think it is a bad idea to have 2 jail locations, for obvious reasons, like poor cop activity etc etc.

But after seeing the community's response to this topic, I see that the old jail is in massive favour, and since this change is for the community, I think just going for the old jail with some changes made to mapping and the prison warden spawn, could improve the activity.

SAES HQ and the SAES team can monitor whether the activity claims are true after its implementation of course because the old jail was just a DM fest, no one was really trying to JB.

I think the following changes could be made to the old jail layout, as well as some changes to the prison warden spawn:

• Allow Prison wardens to have access to a sniper rifle, to shoot down the long corridors.

• Add some slots along that long corridor for cops to corner-shoot.

• Marker-killing at the canteen door to be blocked off by a door.

• Leave the stairs from the jail backyard, which can allow cops and criminals to access the visitor area. (Where the phones and the changing area is)

• Expand the red box, to prevent criminals nading the backyard constantly, and prevent spawn-killing.

• Re-position the vending machine to a place where cops can actually buy Energy Drinks, instead of them getting killed while in the vending machine marker OR make a rule where killing cops/criminals who are attempting to buy something from the vending machine and are in the marker cannot be DM'ed. (A rule that should be added to Bank Robberies as well imo)

• Move the Prison Warden spawn back to the yard, while keeping roof access, as @silalius mentioned.

• Changing the grill doors in the backyard for something more 'bullet-proof' since bullets can go through these doors and make prison wardens enter the jail with lower HP, and as soon as you enter, you get marker-killed, and make the backyard spawn more wider to allow cops and crims to move around more freely. In the spoiler below are the doors and the enclosed area I was talking about.

:::

alt text

alt text

• Make the gym and canteen areas slightly smaller, so that it is possible to arrest criminals that are inside there, and so that it can become a comfortable space for cops to regroup for a rush.

For the new jail, I would propose the following changes:

• Make a control panel for the venting system in the cells control room, so that it is easier to open, and it is an alternative that criminals can use to escape.

• Criminals should not be able to lose HP while they are venting.

• Re-position the vending machine to a place where cops can actually buy Energy Drinks, instead of them getting killed while in the vending machine marker OR make a rule where killing cops/criminals who are attempting to buy something from the vending machine and are in the marker cannot be DM'ed. (A rule that should be added to Bank Robberies as well imo)

• Move the Prison Warden spawn back to the yard, while keeping roof access, as @silalius mentioned.

• Expand the red box, to prevent criminals from nading the backyard constantly, and prevent spawn-killing.

• Make this path slightly longer so that there is no marker abuse from cops/crims. It will allow both sides to effectively corner-shoot. The path is shown in the spoiler below:

alt text

alt text

There should be strict enforcement on the marker-abuse rule by the way, especially when coming out of a marker gives protection/immunity for crims/cops. SAES should take it more seriously, and proper evidence should be given if this was to be reported.

I know that most of my suggestions are repetitive, but they just apply to both scenarios.

Again, this is my opinion, and it is something I have seen from responding to JB's every day.

Regards.

You'd end up with 8 players consisting of civilians who accidentally punched a car at LVX, the new guy who got caught by 3 speed-cameras and a pickpocket in the jail for people with a low wanted level. No one would ever bother JB'ing them, since it'd go something along the lines of
"Need jb?"
"Nah, only 120 secs, go to the other jail where people have 400 secs"
"Ok, see you there"

The server is running out of active players, I know that it reaches 130-140 at times, but 30-40 of them will be sucking each other off in their bases. There simply aren't enough players to make two jails a feasible option. It could've worked during the first wave of COVID-lockdown when the server reached 300 players, but not now.
The old jail could seem like a clusterfuck at times, but that's what the server needs. The only time I've been seeing a lot of players gathered together lately, cops and crims, is at BRs. There needs to be another way of intentionally or unintentionally teaming up with your chunks of your class, in order to reach some sort of goal other than going to BRs.

It's also a nice way to meet new players, since you end up teaming with guys who have 10, 50 or 200 hours because you broke them out of jail. Imagine if those guys ended up in the other jail, and got left to themselves because they weren't wanted enough to get into the 'jail for all the cool kidz'

What had you been thinking... While you are required to keep the size of the server at a minimum, you are suggesting that it might be better to have two jails/mappings on the server. Not a wise idea if you ask me.