Issues which lead to lack of players on Saes

beauty

Question

I display sadly that nowadays there is a obvious statistic which shows lack of players on server. And there are issues which cause it, if it is illustrate for only new scripts, that will be unfair. However as everyone knows that new script sharply affected lack of players mostly, and additionally, I would like to mention the issues lead to lack of players on server! Bank door's time, to be unable to do bank robbery without HLS and increase of cops numbers. Honestly there is nothing wrong with number of cops but I kindly suggest to recruit players who have ability for HLS-DE instead of making criminals weak with a new script, it really affects both cops-criminals's situations to fun in game, now only easy thing is VIP and store robbery for criminals and most of them do it nowadays, only strong gangs are able to do bank robbery and it will cause that most of gangs can not do bank robbery will go off all of a sudden. Now in this part, there will be ones either agree or disagree, however common state we ought to agree for both of us is to be able to enjoy whilst we log in, and we share this situation to make saes better, not for making the situations complicated. I seriously want saes family to focus on what it is displayed on suggestion

23 answers to this question

You are wrong, sorry but average players who have retired in the previous period have faced problems with their gangs / squads, if you are a HQ or a leader in an organisation, you will probably stop playing once the organisation is dead / closed, New scripts are not that ''affective'' on server's activity, people are growing with time, some are getting jobs and some are going to make videos about mario and live a lifeless life.

saes hq or who have power to make anything good for server

act like

alt text

I only feel sad about good players I see in server and friends in it
but with bad Management server have it right now I'm waiting for The worst
will happens soon and that no one want it
but nothing we can do more than we did saddddddd

alt text

@sanfara said in Issues which lead to lack of players on Saes:

You are wrong, sorry but average players who have retired in the previous period have faced problems with their gangs / squads, if you are a HQ or a leader in an organisation, you will probably stop playing once the organisation is dead / closed, New scripts are not that ''affective'' on server's activity, people are growing with time, some are getting jobs and some are going to make videos about mario and live a lifeless life.

alt text

@sanfara said in Issues which lead to lack of players on Saes:

well if we see your opinion as cop you see that even with new system crime are still OP, this new system has really really hurt the activity in saes and it did very badly most of player who logs in are the ones who just want to make BRs at the first place but now even BRs are killed which 50% of gang activities are about them but rest sure if crime side is dead too the cop suicide will be nothing heard of for next months

@Sanfara

You have started TST as a vice leader for 2 days and you come here speaking about leading and acting like you have all the experience in it..?

I am not saying that I am experienced in such thing either but what @beauty and @Law said is extremely right the changes are being forced upon us and as suggestions keep going on and on they all legit get ignored because of one admin there that does not "Like" them yet when you try to talk about it with him he starts acting egoistic and showing a total shitty behavior.

If we do want to see the server getting back up again at where it was good at some point maybe the player's suggestions could be taken into consideration. By someone who's at least willing to consider them.

@nishki said in Issues which lead to lack of players on Saes:

@Sanfara

You have started TST as a vice leader for 2 days and you come here speaking about leading and acting like you have all the experience in it..?

I am not saying that I am experienced in such thing either but what @beauty and @Law said is extremely right the changes are being forced upon us and as suggestions keep going on and on they all legit get ignored because of one admin there that does not "Like" them yet when you try to talk about it with him he starts acting egoistic and showing a total shitty behavior.

If we do want to see the server getting back up again at where it was good at some point maybe the player's suggestions could be taken into consideration. By someone who's at least willing to consider them.

Didnt mention that I have experience and such things, just gave my opinion.
As you can see, after TST(first gen), ETF, STF, CDC,Rogue and many many others I cannot mention, after shutting down all of those gangs/squads leaders became barely active on the server, I guess because they have lost their will to play, plus giving that ''SAES is an old Game''
excuse and such things, I guess that was the reason behind most of the players retirement, while those who post a topic about retiring come back to the game after 3-2 weeks approx...

@antirug said in Issues which lead to lack of players on Saes:

There isn't a lack of players on SAES, however there was a lack of players for the cops side on the server. That matter is currently being solved, so I don't really see the issue here.

The only way someone can possibly make a statement like this is if they are either really inactive or totally not self-aware.

alt text

SAES averages 125 players a day at best (bearing in mind anything less than 100 is pretty much completely dead) and sometimes jumps to <150 on major events like gangs calling for a turf or an attempted bankrob in the once-a-week time it happens & weekends.

During the peak of corona lockdowns, SAES was more or less competing with SAUR on playerbase, daily passing 220-250 peaks and otherwise around 150 for most of the day, never below ~70 at night. I remember still having many cops coming to 1 AM bankrobs and plenty of turfs less than half a year ago.

This is SAUR now.

:::

alt text

:::

They have no difference in the amount of players, while in SAES, the playerbase has dropped significantly since the start of the year and even more since the start of this month by like 1 in 3 players no longer really logging in daily.

Anyway, for me it's pretty obvious that the reason for SAES' accelerated death is down to the killing of bankrobs and jailbreaks, which subsequently also naturally kills turfs, leaving SAES to basically become a SR & VIP simulator with a flaming/toxic main chat to get involved with for fun when there's nothing else to do.

SAES is basically losing around 10 players a month rn peak time, and I won't be surprised if it's around 110-115 peak time by the end of this month. Obviously it will only get worse once gang management begins to give out notifications and warnings for inactivity and even fewer players will be motivated to fix them rather than closing.

Or maybe the reason is the Very Official Gang Boycott

I support the Very Official Gang Boycott - It is very much real, and very much the only reason why we don't BR. We all came together and thought "Man, that new BR-idea is great and all, but let's just stop BR'ing altogether. SAES have so much to offer besides BRs, that we won't even feel a boycott!". There can be no other explanation as to why there's been less than 10 BRs during the 21 days of April. I mean, it's the megaminds of SAES who made the change after all. They MUST know what the community wants, and the best of it all? They dont' even need to test the stuff before pushing it live - that's how good they are.
Thank you for finally fixing the server, you're the heroes we've all been waiting for.

I think it's pretty useless to mention it, but I'll do it - yes, the server is incredibly inactive compared to what it was a few months ago. I doubt that this is unnoticed, it's quite obvious.

Now, I'd like to point out that I'll share my point of view as an ex gang member and a current leader of a squad.
The changes within the bankrobs completely demotivated a massive amount of gang members to log in and play, thus the amount of players that actively play dropped well. But I'd like to point out that the bankrobs changes are just the "tip of the iceberg". Yes, these changes completely caused the inactivity and all that, but there are a lot more reasons that stand behind this one.

The server is monotonous lmao. Right now, the server is basically SR / VIP gameplay only, as there's literally nothing else to do. Turfs aren't as active as they were used to be, due to some reasons that aren't really connected with the management (in my opinion), but the bankrobs change just killed it all. The very nice part is that something that has never been suggested and agreed by the community has been added in such a drastic way.

The money transport script is an amazing failure, just like the bankrobs changes. First of all, how does it make sense to adminjail people that are "DMing" the Police Van, instead of simply making the Van undestroyable? How does it make sense to add 1 cop group to the script, yet no criminal groups? Obviously, criminals will have no reason of getting involved with the Money Transport, because they'll either get AJed for "DMing" the Van or they will simply get bored, because there's no group based on it. It makes sense to add a criminal group that'd be a rival to the cop one, so there's some action happening... unless you just wanted to make a passive "Cop Trucker" script, which surely is successful. Currently, this script is used for farming activities for like 10-15 minutes and nothing else, really, no action, no fun, basically nothing. You could have just asked the cops to spawn as Truckers more frequently.

Basically all groups are dead. Ever since SAP closed, I haven't seen an active group (except OB, partly), also the only group that got an approval for a spawn for the last like 2 years was GTX (the Cluckin' group too, but its dead). I said it before, I'm saying it now as well, the groups are bringing fresh air to the whole monotonous activity in SAES, if you block the way of some groups to get a spawn, you're obviously blocking the way for them to bring something unique and specific. I'd also like to mention the very spicy relationship between the GMs and one specific person in the HQ, the fact that 1 person in the HQ team decides the future of the groups and honestly - the future of the whole server is quite worrying and the results are currently on point.

I don't think it's even needed to mention the very nice punishments that we are used to see, excluding the genius AJs for DMing the van in the Money Transport script, there are people that are just looking forward to mute / AJ and ban people for basically nothing. Being an admin and having your gameplay mostly focused on AJing / muting people is just sad.

I also don't think it's needed to mention the stunning bugs that we are seeing everyday, the broken sync, the random FPS drops and the ass attitude incoming from some of the admins.

Although I'd like to point out that squads having spawn in lvl 1 makes sense and it's a green light for reviving the cop side. This is one of the new things that I'd gladly support.

So yes, that's SAES in 2021. The bankrobs changes just finished off the amazing nonsense that has been going all around us for the last 1 year. And honestly, Teddy is wrong, if there are no changes made, the peaks will be no more than 110 till the end of the month, if not even less.

Lastly, this is sad.
(15:00 server time)
alt text

I was having fun and i was playing around 6-7 hours maybe all of day in a day but now i can not do any criminal activity. It was better before 80m in BR's and 10 active squad stuffs. If there is an abuse just adminjail if any gang member spawns as cop for BR. It would be useful. These days i do not want to be a criminal cause of polices are really OP now. We criminals can not have fun. Server is going to be boring for us. So i agree with @beauty . Server would be better if we get previous type.

Just my 2 cents as somebody who got active only recently. One big reason i went inactive years ago was because the server was always the same (at least the way i was playing), where SR and BR would be the main activities. It just got boring. Ever since i came back, its been going downhill from that old point. Since i run a relatively new gang, i have been dealing with a lot of new players. A fair amount of them, when i meet them, they have just few hours of playtime. We get together start playing together, chatting on Discord. They tell me, that this server is pretty nice and its fun, that they are gonna stay around, but eventually, after a few days their activity just falls off. I think its in large part because this server is just kinda boring. Sometimes they even say it straight. Some leave for other MTA servers. Its just sad. I know some of the community causally since 2014 so i have sentimental ties here, but new players dont.

If you are running SR for most of the day, only to do some BRs during the evening BR wave, its doable. But now with the BRs fucked up, and the cop buffs (im actually not against this, i wana see cops grow), the crim side has failed most of the SRs and VIPs i have attended, and hardly any BRs have happened. Jikes

Obviously the recent changes to the bankrob script played a big role into the decrease of players. However let's not forget that just before Covid the player peak already faced a huge decrease as well. One of the big reasons for this was, and I'm sure still is, the lack of updates. There are several suggestion topics open since 2018, like why? If the idea is not going to happen, just say so and archive the topic. The community keeps waiting for a miracle, and eventually even give up on suggesting things because they know it will never get introduced. Scorpyo did a really good job when he got promoted to Contributor/Developer, with a lot of bug fixes and some cool updates. But what happened now? It's ok if you guys are working on something else, but maybe take us through and give us some little teasers from time to time. I'm sure it motivates people to stay tuned into the server for coming updates. The old Dev team used to do this quite often in the past, which resulted in people constantly speculating what was going to be the new update.

And also keep your eyes open for potential new contributors. I'm sure there are many players, including myself, willing to contribute to the server in their way, with either scripting or mapping. Even if the potential isn't as good as your 'standard', he or she can learn from your standard and all the feedback, and could eventually grow to actual Developer for the server. It's obvious that you cannot do everything with such a small team, so use advantage of your community.

As for the Gang Management: I think the recent reward changes for squads is a good way to trigger more activity in the police side. So far it had a good effect with 3 new squads. Some of them were already in the make but needed this little push and support from GM to finally get going.
What might be a good idea is to fluctuate the level requirements once in a few months, based on actual player count. It doesn't make sense if a gang needs 40+ active members to become level 5, if the player count is only +/- 120. And then maybe the maximum level shouldn't be 5 anymore, but 3 or 4. And it's not like we can attract many players to this game, as the new generation is born and raised with GTA V. They would much rather play on buggy asf FiveM than installing this almost 17 year old game.

After all I don't wanna end my post with negative things. I am still enjoying this game and server, just like plenty of others, but just bare in mind that if there are not going to be any changes soon it will definately not help increase the activity.