[TUTO] Design Forum signatures | Basics

Liyones

^[~[Making Signatures - Where and how to start?]~(red)]

Dear Comunity , well a lot of players asked me how to design a cool signature , so i decided to make this tutorial for them and help the Photoshop newbies.

^[~[What programs i can use to make Signature?]~(red)]

Well as beginner i recommend to use photoshop , it's really easier to use and better , you can use Gimp or Adobe illustrator

^[~[What do i need before i start design?]~(red)]

• You need time.

• You need creativity/Imagination

• Resources (C4D,Metaballs,renders,backgrounds,effects,textures etc..) i recommend you to check DevinArt Or you can check another websites.

• And the most important thing is patience

^[~[What resources i need to make a signature?]~(red)]

First of all you need a stock (render with background) or a render (image as png) , i recommend render for beginners because starting with stock is really hard , second you need a background or a stock behind the render (it can be picture of city/war/base anything..) , Finally and the most important thing you need a texture/effects for example (metaballs,paper texture, light effect..)

^[~[The point of Making Signature]~(red)]

Lightning "Light/Luminosity" , Flow , Smudge , blending "this option is not needed always it depends on the type of signature you're making" .

^[~[What can i add to the signature to make it look better?]~(red)]

You can add a border to your signature to make it look better , You can add a text to make it better too but you must know where to put the text so it look cool , you can also add some animations like (glitch, light..) to make it better. (i will post some examples Below .
before:
alt text
After:
alt text

-What i used in this signature-

• Blending

• Lights

• effects

• border

Well as you guys see i used a smoke + fire effect and blended the wolf with the background by adding a gradient map and some options to customize the lights and used some lightning brushes and after i copied the sign 3 times and added lightning in each signature layer then made an animation.

^[~[From where should i start?]~(red)]

Well the best way to learn is tutorial (can be a video) , you can find the best tutorials here or here , i recommend you just watch and learn , do not follow or you can follow the tutorials but you can add your own effects and things always with a specific theme, see what you need to do to add depth, flow, lightning that would be better , even the tutorial you followed has everything , make your own signature unique , just some touch.

^[~[Tutorials and resources]~(red)]

Well those tutorials are not made by me but , they were just selected by me for photoshop beginners:

Tutorials
Tutorial2
Devinart

Or Effects Tutorials and how to use them:

Deph
Flow and Lightning (Luminusidade)
Flow
Smudge

Text tutorial , will help you blending text in signature etc:

text basics
Text positioning in a signature

If you have any question ask in a reply and i will add tutorial for it with explanation , Thanks for reading hope this helped you!

Best regards,
Liyones.