Replacing vehicle mods

Jay

Hi.

So, it has recently come to my attention that we are running "full" on current in-game vehicle mods, in terms of a total megabyte capacity, any more will cause further lag on the server. So full that your suggestions are probably going unanswered because we already have too many in-game. I'd like to know which ones you would be fine seeing the back of and having replaced, so one by one we can replace them with something that is new, looks better, blends better with the SA theme and is also smaller in size allowing potential more mods to be added.

I'm not interested in hearing your suggestions for new mods in this topic, currently I'm already working on a few with tut that we can potentially replace these older ones with.

We won't be able to remove any of the emergency services mods, but lets look at all the current, older, mostly unused mods that can be purchased from the shops. I'll add a poll for each on whether or not these should be replaced.

Just a note, if we were to replace the Alpha for example, that doesn't mean that it will be with a new Alpha. It might be a mod for a different car completely. But don't worry, from now on, any changes will improvements and will provide you with plenty of choice going forward so we don't see the same 5 cars everywhere.

@jay said in Replacing vehicle mods:

@franklin said in Replacing vehicle mods:

Freeway, Wayfarer? @Jay

As I said...

but lets look at all the current, older, mostly unused mods that can be purchased from the shops.

Alright my bad, should've read the topic first.. just don't give Stallion & Picador a mod that Motorcycle clubs won't be able to drive anymore, if it ends up being voted.

Freeway, Wayfarer? @Jay

As I said...

but lets look at all the current, older, mostly unused mods that can be purchased from the shops.

Alright my bad, should've read the topic first.. just don't give Stallion & Picador a mod that Motorcycle clubs won't be able to drive anymore, if it ends up being voted.

I 100% agree finding suitable vehicles for MC's is as difficult as it is already.

Also i would suggets take away the comet because its the less used vehicle off all of the above on the server. Also what will happen to modded cars if a vehicle is changed back to its original state. For example i know tornado is one of the most used cars to take nanoshop parts from

Wouldn't you guys prefer to see new features instead of visual changes? All I see is people asking for car mods or gun mods, but why does it matter? In the end the car / weapon just looks different. I'd much rather see new features added instead of visual mods , which are basically useless

@estinoge said in Replacing vehicle mods:

Wouldn't you guys prefer to see new features instead of visual changes? All I see is people asking for car mods or gun mods, but why does it matter? In the end the car / weapon just looks different. I'd much rather see new features added instead of visual mods , which are basically useless

Which kind of features are you looking for?

@tut-greco

That's another discussion, what I meant is that for every 10 suggestions, about 9 of them will be about visual changes.

But in a nutshell, I'd like to see a change in the economy.

It has been talked about a lot but never done. and to illustrate it better i'll use myself in this example. I've got about $70.000.000 in my bank, however I can't find any use to this money.

Buy guns/ammo? I've already got enough, no point in buying more
Making events? I think they're boring
Buying properties? Why? They're just places you use to spawn, and I've got some already, I don't need any more.

And I'm sure most people have noticed cops are heavily outnumbered, and it keeps getting worse for them.

A re-work in the economy could allow cops to get the upper hand, for example if gun prices increase it could lead to criminals to spend their ammo more wisely, chosing to run instead of opening fire due to the increased prices

Of course the crim / cop sides should be balanced, but the fact that about 80% of the server is playing as a criminal can't be ignored and cops are at a huge disadvantage right now.

Keep in mind that this is just one idea, you could take it as a base and include your own things.

@snome said in Replacing vehicle mods:

remove everything

Including your community staff, I agree.

@killerask said in Replacing vehicle mods:

Freeway, Wayfarer? @Jay

As I said...

I 100% agree finding suitable vehicles for MC's is as difficult as it is already.

Yes, we should totally cater for all the level 5 MCs that we have. There is a reason they die, people get bored of them pretty quick I guess.
There is the Freeway, obviously, Wayfarer which has a mod, Burrito which is half decent with V8 at least for a van and can also have a shader easily applied.
There isn't really much else an MC would use. Perhaps a variation in bikes but given that an MC has such a small market/interest around here it can be argued too much choice is a waste of resource space.

@snome said in Replacing vehicle mods:

remove everything

Including your community staff, I agree.

@killerask said in Replacing vehicle mods:

Freeway, Wayfarer? @Jay

As I said...

Yes, we should totally cater for all the level 5 MCs that we have. There is a reason they die, people get bored of them pretty quick I guess.
There is the Freeway, obviously, Wayfarer which has a mod, Burrito which is half decent with V8 at least for a van and can also have a shader easily applied.
There isn't really much else an MC would use. Perhaps a variation in bikes but given that an MC has such a small market/interest around here it can be argued too much choice is a waste of resource space.

We're not asking for new vehicles/mods for MCs or anything like that, all we're asking is that the vehicles that are currently suitable for MCs should stay suitable for MCs, such as Stallion and Picador which are highest on the vote here, maybe all MCs are dead and people don't get interested in them because you guys/the community don't support it, ever thought about that? Maybe just give a little bit of support by not removing the vehicles that we CAN actually drive and not removing them, we already have enough limited vehicles, we don't need more, it's already challenging enough to get members, nowadays everyone just wants to drive the sports cars, so yeah help us out a bit, we would really appreciate it. Not trying to be rude, just stating my opinion.

I think we could actually remove a lot of mods due to the none usage of some cars like Stallion, Tampa, Comet, Banshee, Buccaneer, Feltze, Tornado, Buffalo. Those cars are barely used and looks like their mods are satisfying enough for the players.
However @Jay , I have always this question on my mind. Why we don't have a mod for bikes ? NRG-500 f.e could have an amazing mod and could be much much better, is this being considered ?

Never really seen any interest from Community towards bike mods.

I would think NRG-500 looks pleasently well and wouldn't need mods. There are inferior motorbikes with decent sounds that could be replaced instead.

@tut-greco said in Replacing vehicle mods:

I think Freeway is an exception here as current and future MC's won't agree on 1 bike. So probably best to keep it unmodded and allow individuals replacing it themselves

Maybe thats the best solution yeah.. I as a biker who is always around in freeways personally dont want it.. it would ruin our exclusive bike that we modded in the mod shop.. so I wouldnt really like that.. as you said yourself current and future MCs could never agree on 1 bike, also for NRG.. that could get modded tbh.. NRG is a pretty common vehicle and I think if you put up a vote for a mod and replace the current NRG with the most voted mod it would be good, but yeah theres never gonna be a scenario where every single player is satisfied.

@James The reason of Tampa drifting is not its visual mod but its handling lmao
I believe Tampa has a very cool mod and should not be replaced, perhaps could get it's handling adjusted so that more people use it.
Alpha's mod definitely needs to be changed or upgraded though, it looks like a toy car

We're not asking for new vehicles/mods for MCs or anything like that, all we're asking is that the vehicles that are currently suitable for MCs should stay suitable for MCs, such as Stallion and Picador which are highest on the vote here, maybe all MCs are dead and people don't get interested in them because you guys/the community don't support it, ever thought about that?

SO far from correct, half of the server used to be modded for SoA when they were a group. They were a good group for a while and then people lost interest, and that's a group not a gang.

The best it got for MCs after that was when RDMC and MMC were level 5. They are the only two gangs that were alive at the time to ever do it properly. They organised wars with each other, themed around streetfights, barfights and drive by shootings etc.

You just have to know that an MC in this server has almost always had a generally small audience. No other type of gang has had anything made or modded for them to make them successful, they've used the tools the server already has. If you don't think there is enough for you to do that then perhaps you should suggest something in the appropriate section for improvements on the Biker spawn. Mods alone isn't going to gain interest to your MC or any other.

@draven said in Replacing vehicle mods:

However @Jay , I have always this question on my mind. Why we don't have a mod for bikes ? NRG-500 f.e could have an amazing mod and could be much much better, is this being considered ?

Got no issue modding bikes, however bikes as a whole would probably need looking at. If we increase their speed for example we would probably have to reduce how easy it is to fall off but also do it in a way so it's not so overpowered because after all, bikes can get to places a car typically can't.