Your ingame username: testedgamer
Your ingame alias: MrGamer
Your year of birth: 1999
Your gender: Male

Nationality: British
Country of residence: UK

How long you have been playing SAES: Since 2012
Qualities you can offer:
I am a friendly and knowledgeable player who has been playing on SAES for a while. I'm someone who keeps their cool under pressure and doesn't take things personally. I believe these attributes along with my fair judgement will be beneficial for handling reports and player disputes. Furthermore, I have a firm understanding of the English language and can be diplomatic when required.

I have technical experience in Software Engineering: git, programming, code reviews, Agile development, pipelines/deployments, AWS cloud computing etc. I also have some knowledge in Web Security. I have helped the server by posting bugs to the GitHub tracker. The most notable issue I added was with emoji images not being served with HTTPS on the forums (attackers could replace these images with their own malicious images). This issue is now fixed. I believe I would be a valuable point of contact for technical advice on the SAES team.

I have experience handling responsibility on the server. In particular, I was an ALT HQ for 3+ years. I managed ALT applications with the HQ team and handled internal member reports. I organised ALT Saturdays; an event day every week, to increase ALT's activity through a challenging period of inactivity back in 2015. This was successful in increasing our activity and engagement with the community which helped us to overcome this tricky period.

Your weaknesses:
I am not fluent in any other language (other than English), hence it would be more challenging for me to handle issues with players who do not speak English. I can overcome this limitation by using Google Translate or by asking an experienced player who can translate to help out.

I've had periods of inactivity due to my work and other commitments in the past, but who doesn't right? These periods of inactivity do not tend to last long and I have been consistently active in the last 10 months. I do not see any reason for extensive periods of inactivity in the foreseeable future.

Do you have Discord Installed: Yes

Reason for application:
I've been part of this great community for over 8 years and I would like to experience being in the Community Staff team. I have not applied for positions like these in a few years and think I'm ready for a shot. The people within the community are what makes SAES so special and I would like to dedicate some time towards them. I enjoy helping other players, particularly the new ones. In the CS team, I will have exposure to handling reports and player disputes. I believe I have the maturity to handle this responsibility fairly and hence contribute to the success of the community.

Server Memberships:

• AA Level 3

• ALT Honorary Member

• CC Mechanic + Impounder

• OB Member

Additional information:
I have a degree in CS and work in IT. I have experience building Web Applications and handling large data sets. I mainly use Python, Java, Javascript, HTML/CSS, and SQL but have also used C/C++ and Lua. I also have experience using AWS for CI/CD pipelines, data pipelines, database management (Redshift/RDS/DynamoDB), and building serverless architectures. On the weekends I like to expand my technical skillset with online courses and side projects.

Outside of tech, I enjoy hanging out with friends and having a few beers at the pub. I like to keep fit by running in my local park and I work out every now and then.

Previous (legitimate) punishments on the server: I was warned once for marker shooting at a BR around June 2020.
Previous (legitimate) bans: I was banned once in 2012 for multi-accounting.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your interest in joining the CS team.

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for applying. We are fortunate to have many well-qualified candidates apply for this position. After careful consideration, we are sad to inform you that you will be moving forward. Were really excited about our growing community and would like to wish you good luck in the task ahead.

Excellent application and activity! Expect to be contacted soon.

alt text