[Anime Review] Kakegurui

blizzard

alt text

Year: 2017
MAL Score:
Personal Score: 7.5/10

Synopsis: A young girl with a gambling addiction wrecks havock through Hyakkou Private Academy, where the students face each other through totally legal gambling matches.

Personal Review: At first I wasn't so excited to say so about the series, as one of my friends recommended it to me countless of times saying that I will enjoy it, and for quite a bit I avoided it like the plague (mostly because I was looking more into the romantic genre of anime at the time), but then one day I decided to give it a try.

The story starts with the presentation of Hyakkou Private Academy, where all students gamble to assert dominance. The characters themselves quite remind me of SAES's players, where everyone smiles to one another and looks for the nearest chance to do a backstabbing.

The main disturbance element of the series is Yumeko Jabami, a girl with a compulsive gambling addiction and talent, that pretty much rapes everyone in the Academy.

The story itself lacks an interesting plot (for now atleast) as it solely focuses on Yumeko's rampage throughout the high school. The art style too, does not have something interesting and it's mostly the common one you find in a lot of generic animes.

Where this series shines more, is in it's soundtrack, that's well made and techno-ish and adds to the gambling suspense.

Overall, I give this series a 7.5/10, as long as you watch it to waste time and don't have Godly expectations like the gamers had on Cyberpunk 2077, you could probably enjoy this series.

~[This review is approved by the hentai! Clan, SAES's weeb community uwu]~(pink)