What's up with MC gang?

Mr.Togna21

So as the title says, I remember, few years ago, the server would count various Motorcycle Club gangs (RDMC, MMC, SoA, GJMC to name a few), but as of now every 1% MC is dead, not even one single group to reunite all the freeways/wayfarers fanatic. Is there any reason why this happened? As some may know I've been pretty much inactive in the past and I could have missed something, cause I can't understand why such a cool and even important presence just disappeared. Plus MC gang rivalries were way too cool and real. Thanks in advance!

People are just not interested in Motorcycle Clubs because they require another way of thinking which is considered to be "too serious" for many people in this game. And as Patrick mentioned, when we closed RDMC back in the day, all MCs collapsed because they depend on rivalries with other MCs to survive. Also the last few years there have been new MCs or revived MCs, but those were all pathetic attempts to be honest. The MC era in SAES is dead, we have to accept that.

Nothing stops people to create an MC group (instead of a gang) and organize a few random MC activities instead of pushing it too much because they need to level their organization.

A group (and by extension more than one) with people that enjoy MC stuff joining once a week (or even once a month or even when they feel like it) to organize some random activity is way better than keeping forcing stuff out.

That's my opinion.

@kipt said in What's up with MC gang?:

Nothing stops people to create an MC group (instead of a gang) and organize a few random MC activities instead of pushing it too much because they need to level their organization.

A group (and by extension more than one) with people that enjoy MC stuff joining once a week (or even once a month or even when they feel like it) to organize some random activity is way better than keeping forcing stuff out.

That's my opinion.

That's exactly what I think the server would need right now. Gangs require constant effort and, most of the time, people get bored and it dies, but a group could totally work better, I think that many people would love to partecipate to road trips and MCish activities!

@mr-togna21 said in What's up with MC gang?:

That's my opinion.

That's exactly what I think the server would need right now. Gangs require constant effort and, most of the time, people get bored and it dies, but a group could totally work better, I think that many people would love to partecipate to road trips and MCish activities!

Not really.. There was group DDMC, It started really well with many experienced players and Roleplayers, but the interest died very fast sadly..

Even the imagination of driving a motorbike only is horrible and demode because I bet it doesn't feel good when a random criminal whizes past you with his V8 AWD 300KM/H car while you pain your finger for your Freeway to go 20KM/H faster.
People's expectations and things they enjoy have also changed obviously

@velona said in What's up with MC gang?:

Even the imagination of driving a motorbike only is horrible and demode because I bet it doesn't feel good when a random criminal whizes past you with his V8 AWD 300KM/H car while you pain your finger for your Freeway to go 20KM/H faster.
People's expectations and things they enjoy have also changed obviously

It's not much about speed, for me at least, if you drive bikes such as freeway or wayfarer you dont want to race, but still I get the point of "immersion broken" when u are road tripping around and see a lime SGT with pink stripes surpass you at 300km/h followed by a flying purple dildo.. Still these problems always existed, I think it's more the point, as you said, that thing that people enjoy changed.

I've always preffered MC over a normal gang with all those roadtrips, hanging at lil prob inn, beating the shit out of rivals with bats etc. But not a single new player wants to drive motorcycle,it's all about damn sgt and other modern crap, so you get to the point of stagnation and slowly die out. I'd join MC if there was one in a second lol

@wendo, I might be completely wrong on it but did that group was created and kept doing activities for what purpose? A spawn or just because they enjoy it? Because I'm pretty sure if it was for the 2nd one, they would've kept going no matter what or how often they do such activities.

Now, if you put an objective like "let's do stuff so we can get a personal spawn", at the end of a few activities, some are just doing it for the reward. People, in my view, need to have the choice of "ok, I'm up for it today" as "fuck it today".

I firmly believe that a group founded with the whole purpose of gathering a few MC lovers just for the sake of it and do some activity, either by road trips, gathering at LVX afking altogether, roleplays, whatever, is a group that first, isn't going very far in terms of "group levels", second won't get attention level like CLO, DE, HLS, etc but third and most important, their members will enjoy their time on the server.

@kipt

Well, We wasn't really focused on getting the spawn or working for it hard. We had many RP ideas and we wanted to make a long story out of it. Not for the spawn, but because we like doing RPs and enjoy the MC stuff. The problem was, in the start the interest was very big in hosting activities and having fun together but after some time the interest was gone from the members. Like, we called people to have fun and drive around and only like 1-2 showed up.

All in all, the focus wasn't in the spawn, no. Because in our RP story that mainly @XgangsterX worked on, we were starting as normal civilians and that should've been kept for long time and make story out of it. From few friends buying bikes and driving around to a Club. Sadly it didn't work out

That's my opinion.

It does since the GM team doesn't accept groups that just do activities that gangs can also do. We have tried it before and didn't get anywhere because of that. That's why an MC group doesn't work.

@wendo well, if the leader of the group goes inactive (without transferring the leadership) and stops hosting activities etc, it cannot be expected that the group just goes on as if its normal. This is the reason why DDMC died and honestly also why RDMC died.

@thing said in What's up with MC gang?:

@wendo well, if the leader of the group goes inactive (without transferring the leadership) and stops hosting activities etc, it cannot be expected that the group just goes on as if its normal. This is the reason why DDMC died and honestly also why RDMC died.

Was not intended to reply here, but after this I do. Quite funny you mention such a thing while DDMC died out of inactivity and the interest was lost after a few tries. It was about enjoyment and when people don't have such thing no more it leads to nothing. It was brought up again since a lot of people were back home due Corona and had time. When we reached the summer, it felt apart.

About RDMC and DDMC, they can't be compared as they were both different. RDMC has not died cause of the mentioned reason at all, cause most people were slowly losing interest and at the end things were not the same as the years before. That being said, it's now a couple years ago, so why compare things with what is now with the past? It happened, we move on.

@xgangsterx said in What's up with MC gang?:

Was not intended to reply here, but after this I do. Quite funny you mention such a thing while DDMC died out of inactivity and the interest was lost after a few tries. It was about enjoyment and when people don't have such thing no more it leads to nothing. It was brought up again since a lot of people were back home due Corona and had time. When we reached the summer, it felt apart.

About RDMC and DDMC, they can't be compared as they were both different. RDMC has not died cause of the mentioned reason at all, cause most people were slowly losing interest and at the end things were not the same as the years before. That being said, it's now a couple years ago, so why compare things with what is now with the past? It happened, we move on.

It's frustating seeing something you loved being part of, slowly die and lose members and activity in general. RDMC was a great group, unluckily one after another people started leaving, getting bored of the game in general and then we all know what happened. Still as you said, we move on, and honestly I don't think that we have to be so pessimistic about the fact that MC won't be a part of the server anymore. Time to time, people will find back interest in roleplaying and taking more seriously the real life aspect.

@mannan said in What's up with MC gang?:

Are you indirectly saying that you gonna leave cripz and starting your own mc gang ? xD

Nah man, just sad about Motorcycle clubs not being there anymore doing cool stuff and all

@xgangsterx said in What's up with MC gang?:

As if I would be making things up lol, but this is not a matter that will be discussed on a forum. If you have something to say about my words, you know where to find me.

I believe that being in an MC is more Rp-ish than being in another kind of gang and rp is dead here anyways. And I agree with something someone stated above, its getting a bit tiring being in an MC and have to act always like that.

@alexis said in What's up with MC gang?:

I believe that being in an MC is more Rp-ish than being in another kind of gang and rp is dead here anyways. And I agree with something someone stated above, its getting a bit tiring being in an MC and have to act always like that.

Well it doesn't get tiring if the environment around you gives importance to RP aswel but, as you said, RP is dead here, few still want to try to RP seriously..