[SUGGESTION] RP Arresting

Bidrift

Question

Please read the full topic before posting other possibilities of bugs/abuses or posting your own opinion.

Introduction:

Nowadays, RPing in SAES is becoming rarer and rarer, even when we find someone to RP with (us cops), it's impossible to RP with him well because either a retarded trainee comes and arrests then ruins the RP or a squad member does that (don't want to include names). So, I'm suggestion the following script to avoid such these things.

Main subject:

So, the script will make the RPer (as a cop) to use a command (let's take an example of (/release), of /release [criminal name] and the criminal will be under arrest protection from all cops except that cop. But there are some exception and rules for this, the 3d distance between the cop using the command and the criminal should be less than 20m (20m is enough to make a whole RP and to avoid such abusing of the script. Also, this script should be restricted for PCs and official squad members. Also the suspect should not be inside any type of vehicle but the cop can be so. But there are such ways to abuse or break the script.

Possible bugs/abuses:

• Cop will be abusing with his friend while driving with him

A cop either of PC or a squad member might abuse this script while chilling with his friend, he could abuse the script buy making his criminal friend under arrest before getting into the vehicle then he gets into the vehicle and the cop has the criminal not arrested and he avoids other cops getting him caught, so the protection should be canceled onPlayerVehicleEnter (the criminal)

• Cop can put someone underprotection while he's already

That's why the script should not be used as A COMMAND but as a panel.

((I'm going to add another part of bugs/abuses after explaining the panel))

Explaining the script (Main subject #2):

It looks quite simple for us, but it's a bit tiring at scripting it. The panel will have a gui list of the the criminal teams such as civilians and criminals, CLO, DDT, CC (cc are criminals >.>), and other criminal group teams, and make only wanted ones show up, with their name and wanted level, class. BUT cops groups such as DE and HLS and SAI should not be shown up, I'll tell you why in the next bugs/abuse possibilities' next part. And add a button to make that player under arrest-protection. (Remember, the player should not be in any vehicle and the protection will be removed when he starts to enter the vehicle (A.K.A onPlayerVehicleEnterStart i think so)

Possible bugs/abuses:

• Criminal may trick the cop

How? The cop may put the criminal under protection. Let's say there are 3 cops and 2 criminals RPing with them, so one of the cops will be putting each of the 2 criminals under arrest protection, as I said above,

the criminal will be under arrest protection from all cops except that cop.

So, the 2 criminals may just pick up a weapon and kill that cop first and the others cant arrest him already. So first, When the criminal moves away of 20m the protection will be directly revoked, also, When the criminals fire either with his fist or any other weapon, and the important stuff into here, There should be another gui, in the panel of the cop that made the 2 criminals under protection, another gui where he can see cops in such teams even trainees to allow them to arrest him before making the protection, so he should even choose his partners before making the protection, otherwise he can't add them later, to avoid such bugs in the panel.

• The cop may abuse the panel to remove DEs/HLSs and other arrest protection

A cop may put a DE member underprotection then removes the protection, and the script that protects him already might not force his to be underprotection all time after the bug abuse, and the DE member might get wanted after spawning without removing his wanted level and gets arrested. That's why I said you should put the ipairs table for the wanted guys of criminal/civilian groups/classes/teams.

• A criminal might be already in arrest protection and another cop makes him underprotection

A cop may be RPing with a criminal and put him underprotection, then his partner thinks that the RPer didn't put the criminal underprotection or an abuser does just put the criminal under arrest protection protection for the second time and bug the criminal, so if the status of the criminal shows that he's protected, a text shows up in the notification bar that the criminal is already under protection and cancels the second request of protection. There should be a "setElementData" to "arrest-protected" or you choose it, and the criminals not under protection has "not-protected". Making everything with setElementData will make u able to add the arrest protection easier and make the gui easier.

((I'll think about more bug abuses/glitches and add it later.))

8 answers to this question

Well I like it a bit, but I think it should be locked to special players like PCs, sai snd hls only, because you know some squads. Yes it can be abused but developers can find an way to change it a bit and remove the possibilty of abuse. Nice idea though.

Not trying to suggest anything here, but just reminding the whole community (or at least the one reading this suggestion) that if you're doing a roleplay or planning to do a big one, etc, G6 role is also to protect those rp, events (not the one in /event), etc.
And personally, as G6 I would enjoy way more people asking me to protect their rp than to spawn g6 in order to do an event for them. If you need anyone to keep your rp clean from trainees and random dmers, here I am.

@licano said in [SUGGESTION] RP Arresting:

Not trying to suggest anything here, but just reminding the whole community (or at least the one reading this suggestion) that if you're doing a roleplay or planning to do a big one, etc, G6 role is also to protect those rp, events (not the one in /event), etc.
And personally, as G6 I would enjoy way more people asking me to protect their rp than to spawn g6 in order to do an event for them. If you need anyone to keep your rp clean from trainees and random dmers, here I am.

You couldn't call each time a G6 for a pull over: 1. Because they're not that active
2. There are at least 3-5 RPs at once 3. It will take time to call a G6 even though he might be busy.

In reality, what you're trying to implement is an old suggestion that is on the archive with the handcuffs, essentially it was a command with a "Request". ( I don't take credit for it, and I am almost certain that @Berker was the original author I might be mistaken, but back on topic) You use a command named "/cuff" and the player that you want to handcuff gets a msg on the top bar saying "Officer X is trying to cuff you, "/accept" or "/deny"? " When you're cuffed you can't be arrested, you can't draw your weapons, and you can't resist, you can walk, and after a few meters the cuffs will be gone and you CAN be arrested by ANYONE.

So rather then implementing this, I'd suggest bringing back that older idea as it was simply more realistic and more interesting.

Well, the handcuffs which protected you against an arrest were heavily supported and the only reason why that suggestion is gone are the forums.

I don't really see what's the issue and how can it be abused if the system is implemented the right way. One of the many reasons why the criminals do not pull over are the casual trainees which interrupt the roleplay, this could affect and reduce the ammount of such rulebreaks.