Island Prison

Niklaus

Question

9 answers to this question

I'm sure 6 months later we'll have another new topic asking to get LS jail back and this really is not a sensible loop. Instead of bringing something old, somebody needs to take time off to come up with a new idea that'd fulfill community pleasure and needs considering today's standards and my opinion will most likely be constant by then.

@Velona said in Island Prison:

I'm sure 6 months later we'll have another new topic asking to get LS jail back and this really is not a sensible loop. Instead of bringing something old, somebody needs to take time off to come up with a new idea that'd fulfill community pleasure and needs considering today's standards and my opinion will most likely be constant by then.

Or we could actually conceive that a system doesn't have to be held permantly in the server. Let's say that the said island happens; actually drag people into attempting to beat the jail / system (if it's properly balanced). We could potentially always change the prison mapping / concept once it runs past its timing and revert to an older system / toggle to a newer one.

The key points though would be to be willing to re-question whatever projects go through if the balance for one, or both side aren't met; and accept the fact X concept might have ran past its timing. Kind of an utopist reasoning, but if the higher autorities / community is willing to play by those 2 points; it can only be guaranteed fun and fresh contents. Actual stuffs worth going out of your way for in a gameplay mostly motivated by turfing, store robberies, and bank robberies

• new players will not have the abillity to jailbreak their friends mainly due to boat usage / purchase spots being uncommon and boat prices being too high for a beginner, as well as in most cases having no acces to aircraft to enter the area from the skies.

• Jailbreaks will be dead in most cases with cops rarely responding. It will be a mass of maverick entraces jailbreak and out that is it which is not the kind of action or gameplay saes rpg is used to. A big example is when LS jail got readded the server had 200 players stable while prior hardly got up to 120.

• No surrounding areas. LS jail has the idlewood around it giving it another touching atmosphere where once you leave the jail you can continue the shoot out at those areas. At the sea you do not have that. Which will take away the activity of LS jail but have no place to replace it.

• Past failures with same concept. GIMP and GIMP 2 both had been past jails. If the concept was good they would still be there. I myself who had played at GIMP 2 has to say it simply was bad.

@Groove I think we should first determine the expectations of both sides. What do criminals want? Mostly, from what I've seen, a deathmatch-free zone and being able to escape the jail. What cops want, once again from what I've seen, is a place where they have enough time to respond or in other words where they do not get marker/spawn killed and do make money while at it. LS Jail partially meets those expectations. Criminals enjoy killing cops, and cops make money. Yes it's nearly impossible to escape the jail while there's a big jailbreak going on and marker killing is annoying but given the fact, almost half of the server keeps sticking inside a small corridor proves it's entertaining and kinda meets what community wants.
It was the reason why LS Jail was voted to be back because older jails especially the one in Flint County were dead zones if I am not wrong. Cops barely responded; people did their jail times before their friends managed to open cells.

Those are my reasons to believe the island will not be entertaining, which I believe is the most important title the jail should have. But if people believe it'll be good for both sides considering today's standards such as kill-arresting and criminals outnumbering cops, sure I'm down to try why not. Your points make sense if it's possible to change the jail whenever it stops working

@bazuka36 said in Island Prison:

• new players will not have the abillity to jailbreak their friends mainly due to boat usage / purchase spots being uncommon and boat prices being too high for a beginner, as well as in most cases having no acces to aircraft to enter the area from the skies.

The prices should perhaps be reconsidered. Last time I have checked, a marquis costed about 100m which is insanely retarded. I think it's one of those things that aged badly back from when boats were only for the donators till they made the transition to personal boats (hence the high prices).

You could also potentially have a sort of boat smugglers side-job (basically a sort of carjacking of the sea, where the boats you steal & deliver are available to public until found & seized by the police /// or destroyed).

Rest is a bit dependant of people opinions which mi no debate, though I totally agree with the idea it'll die out pretty quickly (hence being ok with accepting the thing runs out of steam at some points, is a key point to have some proper gameplay entertainment on the long-term (when this happens, you basically revert to an older system or heads a new way) )