[Suggestion]Groups

Predator

Question

as you can see many groups are inactive and got many wannabees and 0 activity ,why not Groups can be demoted/warned and asked for activity like Squads/Gangs/Companys? why they have a spawn and special abilities?
Of course the groups HQs will disaggree me because they enjoy getting asslicked the whole time they play, i don't care for them, i just care about gameplay and fun, i suggest to make a special topic for Groups Results also topic about rewards and requirments, so we can have more fun, enjoy gameplay,roleplay and usefull groups, DE and CLO are an exception from this idea/sugggestion also Group Management (GM) team will handle this.
The conclusion is, groups recruit players when they have to, so players can have fun and groups will be more active and usefull in the community.
Share us your Opinion.

I totally agree with Virus. Even if the groups are inactive, those groups got a unique role.. and if that gonna be demoted/deleted.. then that role also gonna be deleted. Also, in my opinion if one group is inactive, then punish only that group. And do not punish the others.

@riley said in [Suggestion]Groups:

I totally agree with Virus. Even if the groups are inactive, those groups got a unique role.. and if that gonna be demoted/deleted.. then that role also gonna be deleted. Also, in my opinion if one group is inactive, then punish only that group. And do not punish the others.

some groups are neccessary for the game, and others not we can make some exceptions,read what i said again, but why they are inactive and they won't recruit? why they have a spawn and inactive while other groups haven't a spawn but active. if they are inactive they won't do their unique role as you said. So?

@marko said in [Suggestion]Groups:

@master-chief said in [Suggestion]Groups:

I support this idea because groups like BES or SAP ( which is dead now ) and Taxi bla bla bla and most of groups are really inactive as hell +1

SAP is back.
its called Taxi el centrino and try to behave or u will hit down -100 again ..

yeah and i won"t be able to help anymore :laughing:

If it was up to me personally, many groups from server wouldn't even have their official status. Not because they don't do enough activities, but simply, because I don't see reason for many groups here to have their own spawn, vehicles, mapping,...
DE, CLO, G6, LWS, ZIP, SAFD, SAi and government related groups are, imo, the only groups which need to have their own spawn (even government related groups are debatable), since they have special abilities (be it access to construction panel, or access to special vehicles, or some other special access) with which not everyone can and should be trusted. Every other group doesn't have a reason to have separate spawn. Those who enjoy chilling out together and doing job as a group have plenty of unrestricted spawns they can use. I don't see a single reason why do we need ProCops group, with so many squads which recruit anyone that enjoys working as police officer and who does that job very good. I'm sure even starting squads would appreciate removal of PC, since they wouldn't have to meet requirement of certain number of PC officers in squad to level up. SAP can use any civilian, or criminal spawn for their role, for example. SAM can use Paramedic spawn for their role. Centrino can use Taxi driver spawn for their role. I don't know exactly now which other groups we have on server, but pretty much all groups have nothing to restrict from general public, meaning they can all use any public spawn for their activities. People who enjoy doing role plays will do them in general civilian spawn without any problems. Players that are there just to collect as many official groups as they can are not even desired in any group lead by someone with any common sense as they are there just to show off in their first day, then lay there for rest of their time contributing nothing towards the group. Restructuring group system in this way would give chance for quality groups to rise and have fun, even without spawns, bases and other stuff that comes with it. Those who are there just to show off their power by being HQs of certain groups would be replaced by those who are willing to provide some quality entertainment for their group. Members who are here only to collect groups would be replaced by members who are enjoying the role of those groups to their full potential. From my point of view, system would be generally beneficial in all aspects. Though, I guess many would disagree with this and I'm all open to hear other opinions as well.

alt text

@gengar said in [Suggestion]Groups:

:::

If it was up to me personally, many groups from server wouldn't even have their official status. Not because they don't do enough activities, but simply, because I don't see reason for many groups here to have their own spawn, vehicles, mapping,...
DE, CLO, G6, LWS, ZIP, SAFD, SAi and government related groups are, imo, the only groups which need to have their own spawn (even government related groups are debatable), since they have special abilities (be it access to construction panel, or access to special vehicles, or some other special access) with which not everyone can and should be trusted. Every other group doesn't have a reason to have separate spawn. Those who enjoy chilling out together and doing job as a group have plenty of unrestricted spawns they can use. I don't see a single reason why do we need ProCops group, with so many squads which recruit anyone that enjoys working as police officer and who does that job very good. I'm sure even starting squads would appreciate removal of PC, since they wouldn't have to meet requirement of certain number of PC officers in squad to level up. SAP can use any civilian, or criminal spawn for their role, for example. SAM can use Paramedic spawn for their role. Centrino can use Taxi driver spawn for their role. I don't know exactly now which other groups we have on server, but pretty much all groups have nothing to restrict from general public, meaning they can all use any public spawn for their activities. People who enjoy doing role plays will do them in general civilian spawn without any problems. Players that are there just to collect as many official groups as they can are not even desired in any group lead by someone with any common sense as they are there just to show off in their first day, then lay there for rest of their time contributing nothing towards the group. Restructuring group system in this way would give chance for quality groups to rise and have fun, even without spawns, bases and other stuff that comes with it. Those who are there just to show off their power by being HQs of certain groups would be replaced by those who are willing to provide some quality entertainment for their group. Members who are here only to collect groups would be replaced by members who are enjoying the role of those groups to their full potential. From my point of view, system would be generally beneficial in all aspects. Though, I guess many would disagree with this and I'm all open to hear other opinions as well.

alt text

actu is more about the prestige to have a spawn, it's like you join to have the spawn or nobody will attempt even applying for SAM, Centrino, ex.... also groups with some priveledges

@filex I believe that you would still have applicants. True, not as much as you have with spawn, but at least, you'll have people who are truly interested in that role and are not there just to have another group on their portfolio. But that's just my opinion.

I don't see a single reason why do we need ProCops group, with so many squads which recruit anyone that enjoys working as police officer and who does that job very good. I'm sure even starting squads would appreciate removal of PC, since they wouldn't have to meet requirement of certain number of PC officers in squad to level up.

alt text

I cannot really agree with you, specially within the part that I quoted. You can't compare a squad to PC. PC has quite a few "unique" options for players that are in squads that they wouldn't have in their squad. Also you forget that PC is not just a way to spawn as a cop. It's intended to be a ROLEPLAYING group. Unlike swat for example that never roleplays, PC is supposed to be the complete OPPOSITE. You're not supposed to be the best cop by being in PC, you're supposed to roleplay within that group, and the group offers that pretty well to its members.
Now on my full opinion about this topic, instead of removing groups, set a limit, it doesn't even need to be too strict, but in order to avoid people joining groups just to look cooler with a longer list of "I am so awesome I've been everywhere" set a limit. You can only be part of "X" groups. There you go, problem solved.

When it comes to leadership of a group, I guess its pretty much the same as a G/S/C so you could probably implement some system in order to keep a group somewhat under control, I don't really think that you need to remove the spawns as some of the groups do accomplish an important role besides the few you named which I think then should be NO different at all to the rest of the groups. Why can CLO be considered more important than PC, or why should DE be considered more important than SAM? Both have quite a role, at least, that's what I see. I do agree that there are a few groups that are quite pointless, but from the ones you stated, I can't really agree with those.
Back on topic now In my opinion what should be done is just making the official status of a group something more restrictive and more to the Useful category, rather than just having a few requisites that would make you official. Ill explain this: If for example a group is created with an interesting and influencing role, it can get official, as an example Ill assume we dont have DE, so a group pops up being the army, focused on roleplay, then yeah, sounds reasonable to have something like this as an official group. Then theres a group of BMX riders for example, they dont really accomplish a specific or determined role on the server, so they cannot get official. At least thats how I see this as a chance for it to work out.

Now about the HQ teams in groups, yeah, forcing the HQ members to somehow take care of the group, filter the quality of the applicants, and keeping a reasonably clean group should be done, with inactive members out and so on.
When it comes to players, on the other hand, Ive already stated a solution, set a limit, think about a reasonable limit for groups that youd enjoy to be in, and thats it, something like housing, you can only be in X groups, if youre in more than X groups youll be kicked from all and so on, that would quickly deal with the group collectors.

DE and CLO have a different way to recruit people for example DE Live recruitments, and CLO picking the best players in their view also they are special groups and got a special role and priorities more than any other groups.
Gov is necessary for the server, SAI,PC,G6 too, LWS also but it's inactive rarely to find a member that helps players most of them they spawn to help their own g/s/c or group, and even when they recruit their members stay active for about month to get trusted member spawn (they can't be kicked for inactivity) then they rarely spawn or exception spawning to help their organizations, @StarWars no need to make X groups or whatever hooppers are known also i tottaly agree with you about PC. Finally all i wanted to say there are no right persons in the right place.
Please don't go off topic @Ted this is ain't a meme topic or sarcasm we're talking about serious problem.

@starwars That's all a fair point, but all you mentioned can be done without a spawn. PC can do their role plays with police officer trainee spawn without any problems. Just one example. SAM can do their role pretty fine with public Paramedic spawn. CLO and DE, on the other side, are locked to special vehicles no other players should have access to. SAFD has access to fire placement, so they too need a spawn which will lock away that ability from people who can't be trusted... and so on. Hope you get what I mean with this. I don't mind group existence, all of them can and should be around. All I'm saying is they don't need special spawn just for them when spawns accessible to public have everything they need to do their role plays and even jobs for groups that have jobs.
And limiting number of groups for players, I'm sorry, but that is a stupid idea. Why restrict people to enjoy themselves in multiple groups if they really like them all? Not all players with multiple groups are collectors.

@filex said in [Suggestion]Groups:

alt text

actu is more about the prestige to have a spawn, it's like you join to have the spawn or nobody will attempt even applying for SAM, Centrino, ex.... also groups with some priveledges

fuck spoilers and quote
Group whores muuuch? If youre not dedicated to the role of the group, theres not a single reason to apply for that group. Spawn or not shouldnt matter at all.

First off, my excuses for the late response, I was away enjoying my vacation at the northern part of Spain with my girlfriend.

Now, back on topic.

@starwars PC can do their role plays with police officer trainee spawn without any problems.

Once again, I'm afraid I can not agree wth you. As I've already stated back in the older post, there are groups that are useless, but for an instance, PC has access to functions which are somewhat relevant to their role, and would be an authentic pain in the back if they would be allowed to general public. Medics do have access to "/r" even not being SAM, and that ALREADY causes some caos when a random player spawns and start breaking the role of the radio channel by spamming all kind of stuff in it. Imagine now that every russian and turkish trainee would have access to it.

Spikes: PC can deploy spikes as well, also imagine three turkish or russian players deploying rows of spikes all around the map, like at LV X, the only ones who can remove them are themselves.

Dog spawn: There are really few squads that have a dog with their spawn, I do regret not having TOO many handlers when I feel like roleplaying as a dog, but that's a unique thing that gives a nice add on to the game. (Imagine all the trainees spawned as dogs.)

Detective spawn: Not to harming for the players, as you just spawn with a camera, and the trainees would essentially avoid it, but still it would be interesting to see trainees spawned as detectives, running around with their cameras without understanding that there's even a script for it.

Difference between PC and Trainee: This in my opinion is the most important thing of them all. When you see a Pro Cop, generally speaking, (There are exceptions, some unfortunatelly still do behave as trainees) but you can trust him to offer you a good roleplay, or just to keep a nice and fair level of playing, they are stilll players, they obviously can break rules, but you're quite safer with a PC who will try at least to accomplish a roleplay and just keep things pretty much "Normal" rather then having to see a trainee or a "State Trooper" rolling up to you with a "PC" in their name (Many trainees back in the day used to do it) and just walking up to you and arresting you for 2 stars. When you see an actual ProCop, in MOST cases, he will try to keep it realistic, and GENERALLY won't act as an asshole.

There you go, if you still consider PC a spawn that can be easily changed, sure...

P.S : I consider that SAM should be the group that has access to "/r" and not just the general medic spawn as the general medics due MISSUSE it A LOT. (That's my opinion at least, if I see some "good" feedback on this last point, I'll create a suggestion and a poll to see if we can change that.)

I ain't no GM but I'm pretty sure that they removed some groups due to them being inactive / useless. Of course, it takes a bit longer to GMs to remove them since groups are secondary to the gameplay, in my view at least.

I do agree on the point on only relevant groups should get more than a forum group or a small roleplay-wise base.
I also agree with @Human_. People only show interest if they can get something to show off.

There are groups that are straight second squads for some people. Talking about SAI and HLS. I ain't saying that they should get deleted but move SAI to be a sub-group for PC wouldn't hurt, in my opinion. Talking about PC, PC group is a vital part of SAES since SAES means SA Emergency Services (or Extravagant Swines, not that sure), so having doubts about the PC role in the server, coming even from a clan member itself, is something I can not understand.

Now talking like someone that likes to have his dirty asshole licked by wannabes, I would like to you, @Predator, to go straight to the point and call out the groups you think / know that do what you accuse them off.

I like how u point out HLS but then u say nothing about it
HLS works on 2 different main roles
Cop side ( hls members hunts down highly dangerous criminals that have regular forces can't capture) and the spying part of HLS.
Hls got special vehicles armor and special script that's why it's required a spawn you can not compar a group that's basically a traffic police to a group that handles highly confidential information

@kipt said in [Suggestion]Groups:

I ain't saying that they should get deleted but move SAI to be a sub-group for PC wouldn't hurt, in my opinion.

It would actually make sense, though I believe it is better the way it stands out right now due to their access to the build panel. SAI is way more restrictive with their applicants and filters them out quite better then SAPA, giving access to PC pretty much just for showing some interest and passing some easy tests.

If you want it to be a real life based thing then yes, add SAI to PC as a subgroup, but then you'll have to make PC VERY restrictive and I don't really think it's the best of the ideas as even then every newbie ingame that just joined a month ago would want to get the PC Diploma just to have access to the build panel and draw dicks with cones around the place.

In my opinion the best way is having it the way it is right now, though RP-wise there could be some changes done, for example, removing the traffic officer from PC, as essentially, SAIs are the traffic officers, yeah, for highways but still.

PC spawn is needed, criminals wont stop to trainees if asked for rp( who can trust). And what we say there arent always perfect squads ( you know what I mean) Although for other groups I dont think spawn removing is a must while gms can keep an eye and remove the spawn from dead groups

@starwars said in [Suggestion]Groups:

@kipt said in [Suggestion]Groups:

I ain't saying that they should get deleted but move SAI to be a sub-group for PC wouldn't hurt, in my opinion.

It would actually make sense, though I believe it is better the way it stands out right now due to their access to the build panel. SAI is way more restrictive with their applicants and filters them out quite better then SAPA, giving access to PC pretty much just for showing some interest and passing some easy tests.

If you want it to be a real life based thing then yes, add SAI to PC as a subgroup, but then you'll have to make PC VERY restrictive and I don't really think it's the best of the ideas as even then every newbie ingame that just joined a month ago would want to get the PC Diploma just to have access to the build panel and draw dicks with cones around the place.

In my opinion the best way is having it the way it is right now, though RP-wise there could be some changes done, for example, removing the traffic officer from PC, as essentially, SAIs are the traffic officers, yeah, for highways but still.

SAIs aren't traffic officers, but okay.