[FEATURE] SR or HR?

Daryl

Question

Hi.

Quick poll to see how the community feels about this, I am of the opinion changing back to a HR system would make the activity a bit more unique and not the same store copy pasted 20 times.

For those of you who do not know, changing to the HR system would mean all SR structures (the shops) would be removed, and instead the HR circle would be placed on already existing areas of the map, such as streets, buildings, etc.

Please voice your opinion and if enough people want to change back to HR I can look into scoping what's needed to make the change happen.

Thanks

Edit; Just to clarify - this would be a purely cosmetic change as to where the markers would be. None of the current functionality of the SR would change.

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The only thing that's keeping criminals from getting arrested too easy is the SR structure.
Unless the marker is going to be placed on similar already-existant structures i'd go for a no. A marker on a street would be completely retarded.

in my opinion change should happen store robberies became too repetitive, probably house robberies will make things more fun and give more chancees especially for cops to be the victorious side in the constant chase

@master said in [Vote] SR vs HR?:

The only thing that's keeping criminals from getting arrested too easy is the SR structure.
Unless the marker is going to be placed on similar already-existant structures i'd go for a no. A marker on a street would be completely retarded.

i'm agree with master, that's wont work very well.. i'm just up vote for if saes brings back the sr where we are able to start it killing the seller.

No there is no option for both so stop saying both, the options are on the poll as changing it to what it was is something i'm willing to look into and do the leg work - not make a whole new thing, I simply don't have the capability.

@Bartman has made multiple topics asking for HR's to return, so I said I would put it to a vote once and for all and if people want HR's to replace SR's I'll do my best to make that happen, I wont personally look into any other option.

The poll didn't specify 'other' for a reason.

Why not both at the same time ! I like both!! :dog:

Since 'both' isn't an option, I voted for HRs. They were really cool in old days :heart:

They were removed initially for a reason, it's just gonna go back to the days of people ramming everyone with vehicles out of the marker and people spawning at housing icons physically inside the HR marker.

Don't think theres a need when theres nothing wrong with the current system.

The only reason I think this is so highly voted is because most of our current playerbase wasn't around during HR times

@Kain said in [Vote] SR vs HR?:

They were removed initially for a reason, it's just gonna go back to the days of people ramming everyone with vehicles out of the marker and people spawning at housing icons physically inside the HR marker.

The only reason I think this is so highly voted is because most of our current playerbase wasn't around during HR times

If nothing is wrong with the system technically doesn't mean it's satisfying, since the main reason majority of votes are 'yes' is that the current sr system is repetitive and boring, it's about camping inside a camper for a specific time then move to a marker and get cash, literally no action/fun except for rare situations where the dm is real, main reason is that the current sr structure is defending criminals by itself, which gives cops no chance to get closer and try to arrest (they snipe-kill), if the HR system itself back then was useless, tweaking it will solve the problem, or remaking it in a creative way. Also the problems you mentioned are easy to solve with code.

No from me, current SR structure gives criminals decent fighting chance against cops. Bringing back HR is a horrible idea now with all the overpowered features cops currently have (beefy water tanks, vending machines). Imagine 3 water tanks raiding an on ground HR, people will start complaining just a week after its added wanting it to be reversed. Everyone here is voting to have it back for nostalgic reasons rather than logical ones, forgetting how horrible HRs were back in the day compared to the current SR.

@Kain said in [Vote] SR vs HR?:

What ramming? As far as I remember everyone stood on top of the roofs. Also I don't think you are in a position to complain about property spawn when you and other cops own every property near banks. My suggestion is to keep SR but reduce the places where it appears by 50% and make hr appear at cities only with half the reward of sr.

@Kain can we get something done for SRS aswell then? Honesty I only mention you because you are part of the HQ team. It is obvious that players need something else but we dont know how to make it happen

@Estinoge said in [Vote] SR vs HR?:

I was able to find an old screenshot of mine that shows what HRs used to look like for those of you that never had the chance to see them, bringing them back the same way they used to be would be awesome.

alt text

Now imagine this with a full FBI rancher of SWAT cardropping on your face and ramming everyone?

Sounds fun, right?