Prison Break (Jailbreak Cooldown System)

CheeseBotMk2

Question

JAILBREAK COOLDOWN?
So this is just a suggestion.

But maybe It sounds stupid but I think it would lessen the DM near the prison and maybe give a use for the PC Prison warden. After a Jailbreak has happened the warden can use a console (computer in the prison) to put the prison on lockdown so the doors wont open for criminals but open for cops. (like a lockdown with an alarm sounding like a bank) but the lockdown will last for only for a few mins or so and all police will be alerted with a special type of message instead of the shit yellow font or something. So police have a chance to suppress it and respond. But after this button has been pressed. And after the warden has successfully done a lockdown. There will be a "JAILBREAK" Cooldown. So no more jailbreaks can be done for so many mins or hours. Up to whoever deals with this decides how long the cooldown should be. But with this cooldown it should lessen the DM and lessen people crying down the radio for DE or HLS to respond.

19 answers to this question

@Albie said in [SUGGESTION] Prison Break (Jailbreak cooldown system):

A jailbreak cooldown system will help replace the need for admins to actually watch the prison constantly to make sure no camp DMing happens.

This can be used as a clear line for criminals to back off when they can't make a jailbreak, it also encourages criminals to actually escape quickly and leave the area instead of sticking around for hours.

The suggestion details can be improved on, but the main idea shouldn't change.

Personally you could turn it into something interactive(like an event INSIDE the prison), where criminals have to team up and stop cops from locking down the prison.

Moving this here

@Moley said in [SUGGESTION] Prison Break (Jailbreak cooldown system):

no, I can't stand being in jail for like multiple times without getting jailbroken once, + Most of the activities that the cops are doing is going to attend at the jailbreak so they can keep on grinding the money and arrests and of course to secure the jail. If this suggestion actually happens the cop side pretty much gets boring.

moved to here

It's just a huge legal way to deathmatch cops for everyone. So I definitely support this idea. Admins are not adminjailing at LS Jail anymore since they just let it slide as a "grey area". So it's a huge +1 from my side.

Do you want to make SAES more boring for criminals than it already is when you finish max amount of BRs (Which is a huuge struggle to do with all these greedy gangs rushing for banks, because apparently there is this belief that it is perfectly doable to have 13 gangs robbing 3 banks a day) and have nobody to turf against? Its better for you to not have that cooldown by the way, plenty of criminals to jail every time. I mean the jailtime is already overexaggarated when you compare it with other servers. Look for opportunities to make the server more fun instead

Update about jailtime being too much: As can be seen every day ingame, there's always a bunch of criminals AFK at BCPD, which proves my point that the max jailtime is too much. In order to keep the server active and fun, it has to keep flowing with activities, which is not possible if many players go AFK anyway

Take this into consideration:
"Personally you could turn it into something interactive(like an event INSIDE the prison), where criminals have to team up and stop cops from locking down the prison."
Something needs to be done to make jail breaking more fun for everyone, because the way it's going right now is pretty meh, a pointless DM war where everyone gets mad and goes AFK after anyways.

@Adistar Again on what @Albie Mentioned they should add a counter of course. As that is a valid point to make. So you could stop it from happening. so if the warden is about to lockdown the prison where it alerts the cops but criminals too so the criminals can prevent the "warden" from locking it down. So it balances both sides. I'm sure there is people like the SAES DEVs would find a way to balance it for both sides. Again this is only a minor suggestion.

@CheeseBotMk2 said in Prison Break (Jailbreak Cooldown System):

JAILBREAK COOLDOWN?
So this is just a suggestion.

But maybe It sounds stupid but I think it would lessen the DM near the prison and maybe give a use for the PC Prison warden. After a Jailbreak has happened the warden can use a console (computer in the prison) to put the prison on lockdown so the doors wont open for criminals but open for cops. (like a lockdown with an alarm sounding like a bank) but the lockdown will last for only for a few mins or so and all police will be alerted with a special type of message instead of the shit yellow font or something. So police have a chance to suppress it and respond. But after this button has been pressed. And after the warden has successfully done a lockdown. There will be a "JAILBREAK" Cooldown. So no more jailbreaks can be done for so many mins or hours. Up to whoever deals with this decides how long the cooldown should be. But with this cooldown it should lessen the DM and lessen people crying down the radio for DE or HLS to respond.

NO

I don't think a lockdown is a good idea. If this was to be implemented I would aim firstly for some entertainment within the walls of the jail. Something like minigames, getting paid for bets in prison fights where wardens can take part and stop... I don't know, there's a lot of possibilties but limiting others gameplay is not the right path in my opinion.

@Albie said in Prison Break (Jailbreak Cooldown System):

"Personally you could turn it into something interactive(like an event INSIDE the prison), where criminals have to team up and stop cops from locking down the prison."
Something needs to be done to make jailbreaking more fun for everyone, because the way it's going right now is pretty meh, a pointless DM war where everyone gets mad and goes AFK after anyways.

Being in jail should not be fun it's a punishment to the crimes you've committed. If prisons were fun there would be fewer jailbreaks and fewer chances for cops to earn money also. That's my opinion. And other criminals might feel less obligated to break their friends out because they are enjoying their time in jail.

The prison island was a good thing because you knew when someone came there and their blip wasn't blue they were there to break someone out.

@CheeseBotMk2

@bas260 said in Prison Break (Jailbreak Cooldown System):

@Albie said in Prison Break (Jailbreak Cooldown System):

Something needs to be done to make jailbreaking more fun for everyone, because the way it's going right now is pretty meh, a pointless DM war where everyone gets mad and goes AFK after anyways.

Being in jail should not be fun it's a punishment to the crimes you've committed. If prisons were fun there would be fewer jailbreaks and fewer chances for cops to earn money also. That's my opinion. And other criminals might feel less obligated to break their friends out because they are enjoying their time in jail.

The prison island was a good thing because you knew when someone came there and their blip wasn't blue they were there to break someone out.

Yeah but this is a game, people play this game to have fun, we are not in real life here to be driven from moral codes, aka if you commit the crime do the time

Another literally pointless suggestion.

Currently, as you might have noticed, there's not a lot of things you can do (non-roleplay wise) for both sides. Criminals semi afk on a roof, as cops barely come (SR) and also BR which don't happen as frequent as the SRs, though they are a bit more challenging which is nice. The rest of the crims vs cops gameplay happens in turfs (rarely, as cops rarely come plz keep it like that) or in / around jail. It's obvious that making us unable to do one of the most exciting things (as you might have noticed, going to the SR isn't as challenging as that) will just kill the fun part.

@Adistar Valid and a reasonable idea. I don't see why it shouldn't happen. Although the suggestion was brought up by a few people. Same with the jailbreak one. Although the turf one seems the more "friendlier" option as during a turf cops wont be able to arrest so both sides cant be upset about it. Although this one was just ment to calm down with the DM and such its gotten out of hand recently. Before the admins would watch the jail and make sure it doesn't go on forever and so on. And even jailbreak them but its got so overwhelming as there is so many people they have just gave up really. Although the Jailbreak idea is a good one by some. Some crims said so (no names mentioned) but if you have any ideas to make the jailbreak suggestion fun for the criminals too. I am all ears. That goes for all criminals who are looking at this post. If you have any ideas let us know.

@Adistar said in Prison Break (Jailbreak Cooldown System):

Do you want to make SAES more boring for criminals than it already is when you finish max amount of BRs (Which is a huuge struggle to do with all these greedy gangs rushing for banks, because apparently there is this belief that it is perfectly doable to have 13 gangs robbing 3 banks a day) and have nobody to turf against? Its better for you to not have that cooldown by the way, plenty of criminals to jail every time. I mean the jailtime is already overexaggarated when you compare it with other servers. Look for opportunities to make the server more fun instead

Update about jailtime being too much: As can be seen every day ingame, there's always a bunch of criminals AFK at BCPD, which proves my point that the max jailtime is too much. In order to keep the server active and fun, it has to keep flowing with activities, which is not possible if many players go AFK anyway

The exact thing that will make criminal life even boring when cops be buried in history.Keep it in mind.