i need help please

Ronnie

hey

not necessarily SAES related but this is the main thing inhibiting me from going online. in fact every online game i try to play is plagued by this and it's getting annoying to be honest.

like a month ago i got a new laptop and it's pretty good, except for one thing. it's absolutely retarded when it comes to wifi connection.
every 5-10 minutes i lose connection for a short while, just enough time to disconnect me from servers. for normal people this wouldn't be an issue but as you all know you have to stay connected in order to play and even the slightest disconnection can cause issues.

i'm unsure as to how to phrase it because i'm absolutely retarded when it comes to computers, but i noticed it while torrenting. my downloading speed is pretty shit, like 1mb/s, but i had bittorrent open and i noticed the speed going down - from 1mb all the way down to 0.1kb or something like that. then, it started gradually climbing back up again to 1mb, only to then begin going down again, and this goes on and on and on.

i'm fairly certain that it's not a connection issue - neither my phone or my old laptop has issues like this. anyone got an idea on what it might be?

Try closing the Torrent app from task manager. Press windows+X and open device manager. Go to network adapter and check your WiFi adapters name. Go to Google and try to update it to a newer version and then restart your pc

You'll need to make sure your wifi adapter isn't trying to save power either.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your wifi adapter then look at the following: https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/wi-fi-power-settings/

i have since uninstalled my torrent app because I thought that that might be the issue as well, some retard bitcoin mining on my laptop or something

but no, it's still the same thing.

@Howlze it doesn't disconnect from the wifi entirely, it just goes into a state where it's connected but there's still no internet available, if that makes sense.

i'll check out the network adapter thing.

@Ronnie said in i need help please:

i have since uninstalled my torrent app because I thought that that might be the issue as well, some retard bitcoin mining on my laptop or something

but no, it's still the same thing.

@Howlze it doesn't disconnect from the wifi entirely, it just goes into a state where it's connected but there's still no internet available, if that makes sense.

i'll check out the network adapter thing.

What laptop do you have? As Brophy stated, make sure you have the latest drivers. You could also head into Device Manager and disable and re-enable your Networks Adapter. I've heard of that fixing it for some people.