[QUESTION] Killing unwanted criminals at SRs

Steven

Question

There has been a bit of confusion regarding the rules on killing unwanted criminals that are hanging outside of the SR limits. I've asked a few admins now and I've been getting mixed responses.

Some criminals come to the SR and stand just outside of the marker (to avoid getting stars) and then they wait until cops are busy with other wanted criminals to start killing them.

Is it against the rules for cops to kill unwanted criminals, even though the criminals are at the SR and intend to take part?

I was under the impression that as long as the cop gives a warning (I personally give 10 seconds) the cop is allowed kill the unwanted criminal to avoid being killed as soon as you turn your back to them.

I would like some clarity on this rule/for a rule to be in place so that everyone is on the same page regarding this matter.

8 answers to this question

Same way criminals kill cops standing in front of jail. There's enough of a latent danger. In one you'll get killed as soon as you turn around, in the other you'll get arrested as soon as you pass by the side of the cop.

Answer: No, it's not punishable.

@Licano said in [QUESTION] Killing unwanted criminals at SRs:

Same way criminals kill cops standing in front of jail. There's enough of a latent danger. In one you'll get killed as soon as you turn around, in the other you'll get arrested as soon as you pass by the side of the cop.

Answer: No, it's not punishable. At least I don't.

According to you it's not punishable. According to server rules it is. We need clear answer to this or an official rule in rulebook giving us clear guidance on how to act in this kind of situation. It's not enough to depend on context / current situation when it comes to this topic.

@Ikzelf said in [QUESTION] Killing unwanted criminals at SRs:

https://streamable.com/qo7luw

& if u shoot first = report, hate this fkers
in my eyes, if you have balls to stand "afk" near jail, than you have balls to get killed

Answer: No, it's not punishable. At least I don't.

What the "lick-anus" guy said. ^

My opinion and point of view:

SR is a criminals vs cops server activity. It makes sense and it's logical if cops are attacking/killing criminals (both wanted and unwanted criminals) and if criminals are attacking/killing cops (both cops who are chasing or who aren't chasing).

If you don't want to get attacked/killed don't go at the SR or in the SR's zone. It's not like the SR is always at the same place, it changes and it takes for a 10-15 mins (max), sometimes the SR ends faster in some mins so if you're a cop/criminal and you get attacked/killed at the SR or in the SR's zone: BAD LUCK.

Your own fault for risking yourself by going there. :P If you don't want to get attacked/killed just take another way/route and avoid going by the SR's way or near of it... or wait for the SR to end in that location.

Both teams (criminals and cops) wants to win the SR against the other team so they'll take all the risks to make it possible, right?. This means they'll kill all opposite team's members in order to keep the SR secured and safe for their own team to lower the SR's % and avoid getting attacked/killed... and of course, to win the SR and take the money. :)

In shorter answer and like @Licano said: No, it's not punishable.

At least I think I've never warned/punished someone for killing a cop/criminal standing at the SR or at SR's zone and I wouldn't do it for what I've explained above. All the reports I've seen about this I've considered them "not valid".

@Teller said in [QUESTION] Killing unwanted criminals at SRs:

According to you it's not punishable. According to server rules it is. We need clear answer to this or an official rule in rulebook giving us clear guidance on how to act in this kind of situation. It's not enough to depend on context / current situation when it comes to this topic.

Nowhere in rules says it is punishable. Rules talks about deathmatching.

alt

No reason = Killing anyone out of nowhere, or for futile reasons.

Reason = Being in a jailbreak/jail area trying to break free and not wanting to get arrested as soon as you pass by; or trying to defend the sr from criminals/cops.

Edit: I clarify. In these scenarios it is not bad to kill out of doubt, since it is an activity in which everyone involves actively against the other side. Being standing in LV X and having a doubt that a cop standing nearby will arrest you and hence killing him, is not a valid reason.

i personally follow by the statement above and disgard report of cops being "afk" infront of the jail and being killed as its a area where theres action almost 24/7 with criminals trying to get in to JB or criminals opening the way for the friends that are coming out so as a cop you should choose a better place if you wanna afk (theres a 900 other spots to choose so choosing the jail is on you)
same happens for a SR You as a criminal going to a cop vs criminal event you have to expect cops wont trust you to not kill them from the back as soon as they look the other way