[SUGGESTION] Radio for State Troopers

Guard

Question

My suggestion is simple. I want State troopers be able to use radio as they've spent time playing as cop and they know how to use radio because they've seen too many radio chats. As long as paramedics are able to use radio I think it's no problem to add it for State Troopers too. It'll bring RP to the server. Communications between Police Team and Official Squads Team will be heavily improved by adding this. It wont be abused since State Troopers are not random cops. I hope you support my suggestion. Thanks for reading!

20 answers to this question

I think forum section is for server rule changes, not script addons or changes. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think this topic should belong to this section: https://saesrpg.uk/category/31/server-script-suggestions-bug-reporting

But don't create a duplicate, I guess someone will move your topic in case this isn't the appropiate section, but then again not sure if it is or not...

@Spetnazz
We are all here to respect one another opinions. In fact, I am seeking for an opportunity for the cops that played for a while and achieved State Trooper and looking for a chance to prove their skills(includes English,codes,etc...) by using Radio properly (with codes) to the official squads. This way the State Troopers will have a chance to fit themselves to the community and the system. Paramedics can use radio too. One newbie that only played one hour in the server can use /r when he's paramedic. But why a cop that has played for a long time and achieved 750 arrests is disabled to use radio?? We should know that State troopers are not the lowest-class of the Police Department and they should be respected(if they deserve). I dislike when you insulted all the cops lower-class cops in your reply. Not all the cops are the same. In the first place, I expect you to respect all the players that are playing in this server and we should count them equally.

@Bones said in [SUGGESTION] Radio for State Troopers:

No is my answer.
The reason is that it will be abused and remove another reason to get PC diploma. Better then just delete it

If it's really gonna happen then how can the non-official squad members show their activity in the field? We all know that most of the people that are at non-official squads are not PC and second SAES is based on the RP and according to the meaning of the RP, State Troopers must be allowed to use radio as they're experienced enough. Second one of the requirements for the non-official squads is to always RP. Radio is a great part of Roleplay in the law side.
If it's really going to be abused then why do the abusers just dont spawn as paramedic and ruin the radio chat? I've seen a lot of official squad members that can't even use radio properly and they're using radio. It's already being abused by the official squad members if you ask my opinion so. In order to become PC you've to make RPs in which you should use radio.
SAES is based on the RP and the RP says that all the cops must be allowed to access the radio. But only if you don't disagree I turned it to State Troopers.

@Guard said in [SUGGESTION] Radio for State Troopers:

@Bones said in [SUGGESTION] Radio for State Troopers:

No is my answer.
The reason is that it will be abused and remove another reason to get PC diploma. Better then just delete it

If it's really gonna happen then how can the non-official squad members show their activity in the field? We all know that most of the people that are at non-official squads are not PC and second SAES is based on the RP and according to the meaning of the RP, State Troopers must be allowed to use radio as they're experienced enough. Second one of the requirements for the non-official squads is to always RP. Radio is a great part of Roleplay in the law side.
If it's really going to be abused then why do the abusers just dont spawn as paramedic and ruin the radio chat? I've seen a lot of official squad members that can't even use radio properly and they're using radio. It's already being abused by the official squad members if you ask my opinion so. In order to become PC you've to make RPs in which you should use radio.
SAES is based on the RP and the RP says that all the cops must be allowed to access the radio. But only if you don't disagree I turned it to State Troopers.

Sounds fair enough, may be that's my grunting

In my opinion, I see it's a good idea to let state troopers use radio, But we can't let trainees use radio, Reason: Because trainees are newbies and they don't know how to use it

It doesn't depend on what class you are, the fact is that proper radio usage is a random factor. However, since almost every class is available to to use it, it's pointeless, in my opinion, having state trooper as an exception. A trial look, as Tut correctly stated, would be a good start. On the other hand, if keep less public permissions like the radio one, players get bigger motivation to aim for PC and as result there's better individual future progress based on RPing and professionalism.

It's not about them being newbies or knowing radio codes, since none of that actually matters.
The radio is a simple feature that allows communication between different 'cop groups'. So you shouldn't actually look at it from the perspective of "State Troopers aren't newbies." instead you should ask if State Troopers are actually gonna use this effectively or are they gonna abuse it? Is giving them the radio access gonna stop them from attempting to reach a higher role like PC or any other cop role that gives you access to this feature?

Based on my own experience, the main reasons to join a squad/group or become a PC is the features, but if those features are gonna be accessible to me then do I really need to join any law organization?
It's a silly question, since people will reply with the argument of 'But radio wouldn't stop people from joining squads and cop groups', and yeah I agree, but we should at least know HOW MUCH it will affect that.

TLDR: How big will the impact be on people joining cop groups if State Troopers have access to the radio?

@DyamDouglas said in [SUGGESTION] Radio for State Troopers:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think not being able to use the radio is a great incentive for players to apply for PC.

According to your point of view, then Paramedics and Firefighters shouldn't have the ability to use radio and they should join SAM and SAFD if they want the ability .