Enable Voice Chat with range radius

muffy

Question

Myself muffy, I am an Old player on this server currently in the organization zero.

MUTE SETTINGS: You can directly see in your MTA Audio Setting to Mute Voice Volume if you don't like it just mute from there. If you want to give it a shot again than unmute from there only so simple(Master Volume will remain same only people voice will be muted).

NOTE : You can find some implementation links at end of this post.

I need to make a suggestion about implementing voice chat. I had gone through some voice server and it works well and I guess no bugs I could notice.

If the voice chat is enabled and it works fine we will be the first English server to do that and can expect some more crowed.

RP can be a little strict if we want and we can able to play without failing to move and We can also do some good streaming as well. I mean, I can stream well if this gets on.

Those who are miss using this like screaming and all can be punished If a reporter can provide video evidence of that but screaming and all happens in GTA 5 also so I don't think that will affect that much as we can adjust the radius of taking.

Concern about SR and BR as it is planned and all avoid chatting While they ROB so If scripter can disable talking in banks and SR that will not be an issue and if they can only allow some high ranking players to do that (I have not seen that but just hope they can find some way) than that can be even better in that type of congested places.

As at last, it all depends on players following rules and not making every good thing worst. I guess we can count on some old and loyal players to behave and make this successful.

FOR TESTING SERVER DIRECT IMPLEMENTATION:http://techfurk.blogspot.com/2013/07/how-to-enable-voice-chat-on-mtasa-and.html

JUST DEMO SCRIPT NOT DIRECT SCRIPT TO IMPLEMENT NEED TO CHECK BY SCRIPTERS: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=15958

• Answers 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think its worth the risk. SAES needs to catch up. I play on several role play servers on GTAV and voice chat is not an issue. I simply have it to a 20m radius . Above that, I believe that if you simply add a mute player option there would be no reason to.

I also want to add that this completely changes the games experience in a very positive way.

We can (and should) implement rules for voice usage so if anyone is found misusing they'll be muted. I like the idea if this can be added. 3rd party voice systems are only really good for team channels and not roleplaying with general public.

If so add something for general voice (anyone hears you scream your head off in x range) and something for the class (crims listen to crims, cops to cops, clo to clo, de to de, official gangs to official gangs, etc). Otherwise, no.

The current chat which consist of nothing but text is giving me aids already. Can't imagine how aids it would be to have to actually listen to the same people. I for one would turn it off instantly. It's a good idea and I get where it comes from, but the sad reality is that 70 % of the community is too retarded to handle having such a feature on the server

@AntiRug Same Here bro its good for all..Starting can be rough but when you see the long run and all getting familiar with it than it can be good because we can be first English speaking voice chat server.

Me my self i have no concern about this cause i don't really talk that much anyways but i think this will be great idea for the community but as Kim said it can be abused so bad so if they make it with proper rules then i think it will be a great feature for saes as it will make the game experience much better for a lot of people and also u can still mute everyone from the settings.

@protonyt Yes Correct, Abuse like we see all the streamer abusing a lot worse really but we can have rules which can make it better and as it is radius based so that Scripter can find a way so that all can adjust there own radius if possible.

For the people saying that its going to be abused, please reconsider .

Its easy to assume that everyone is a dickhead on this server but thats simply not the case.

Even if it was, theres things you could put in place to manage this experience .

First of all, most RP servers Ive joined put a 20m radius , meaning if Im not within , lets say the same block or street as you, you wont hear me.

Also, a mute player option would be fantastic! And there can and most likely will be rules in place as SAES always does because they are a structured group / server