How Covid-19 is affecting victims of domestic violence?

Lucifer

Alright so I wanted to discuss about this topic since the beginning of this quarantine, we all know the conditions of the world, more than 1 billion of people are asked to stay at home due to the pandemic, in order to prevent any kind of increase of the virus expansion.

But the fact is that yes indeed staying at home could be benefit, but also has a lot of cons and one of the most important ones is domestic violence. There is an incredible increase of phone calls being done in several countries regarding domestic violence reports, against children, or husband/wife. And as you might wonder, they obviously can't escape the act since the world is in quarantine.

So please the message that i'm trying to share here, is more as a mission for you all which is if you are witness of any type of domestic violence (hearing screams, fighting, crying childrens) please contact any type of service that your country provides to those kind of situations. And do not let it happen, and act deafen. Not helping is taking part of the crime, a simple dial on your phone, and a sentence: ''Hello, I'm witness of what could be defined as domestic abuse, I live [...] and I heared/saw [...]'' can save a life.

So here a list of different hotlines, for every country that I could find:

• USA: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) in more than 200 languages. All calls are free and confidential. 24/7

• Europe: 1-1-2 Hotline used for any country in europe, offers a 24/7 Help and Free of Charges.

• Canada: 9-1-1 All type of emergency hotline offers a 24/7 Help and Free of Charges.

• Tunisia: 1-8-9-9 offers a 24/7 Help and Free of Charges.

• Argentina: 1-4-4 offers a 24/7 Help and Free of Charges.

• United Kingdom: 0808 2000 247 offers a 24/7 Help and Free of Charges.

• Turkey : 656 96 96 offers a 24/7 Help and Free of Charges.

To all the other countries i didn't stated above, any type of emergency number (usually police) will be able to deal with the issue, and help you go through the situation.

(If you can share a hotline used in your country, it would be really helpful)

As someone who got forcefully kicked out of my parents house at 16 (related to alot of situations at my old home & family), ending me homeless those sort of hotlines helped me alot to find a way forward and move on with my life. If you notice certain patterns even with your friends behaviour related to the current circumstances related to abuse then try to talk to them about it and help them. It could save lives and is quite important since domestic abuse isn't a joke.

@Piercee I hope your life is now settle down, and you are not facing any issues anymore, and I'm sorry to hear that..
But yes indeed those services are here for a reason, and they offers a tremendous help for those who need them. I honestly never experienced this type of problems, but the only thing i can do is help those who lives a terrible nightmare every day..

@Lucifer said in How Covid-19 is affecting victims of domestic violence?:

@Piercee I hope your life is now settle down, and you are not facing any issues anymore, and I'm sorry to hear that..
But yes indeed those services are here for a reason, and they offers a tremendous help for those who need them. I honestly never experienced this type of problems, but the only thing i can do is help those who lives a terrible nightmare every day..

My life went bad for a few years, made some bad choices after I ended up homeless and hung out with the wrong people, I sobered up since I had a huge life changing moment at that time that could've costed me my life. Since then I have been living on my own, working and studying and it's fine for the most parts.

At the end of the day there's nothing you can change about your past, you can only use it to shape your future. Even if the past haunts you it's best to look at it with a POV that what happened just happened, and not feel too bad about it.

@Piercee said in How Covid-19 is affecting victims of domestic violence?:

My life went bad for a few years, made some bad choices after I ended up homeless and hung out with the wrong people, I sobered up since I had a huge life changing moment at that time that could've costed me my life. Since then I have been living on my own, working and studying and it's fine for the most parts.

At the end of the day there's nothing you can change about your past, you can only use it to shape your future. Even if the past haunts you it's best to look at it with a POV that what happened just happened, and not feel too bad about it.

alt text

@Tombaa said in How Covid-19 is affecting victims of domestic violence?:

alt text

don't you have a sauna to attend

alt text

I have time to shitpost while I wait for it to warm up you know

alt text

I have time to shitpost while I wait for it to warm up you know

Okay, I'll be joining you soon then