Choosing where your donation goes [FORUM]

Exile

Question

Hey, I recently came back from a seven year inactivity, and it really disappointed me that there were almost no BIG changes made to my favorite server since 2013.

I guess this is primarily because the scripters on SAES do not get paid for adding anything to the server, so they only add things when they are in the mood to,or when they have some freetime.

The SAES-Dev team has gotten alot smaller since the last time I played here, the SAES Dev team (2020) wise, isn't really looking forward to making new scripts on the server, they really are just here to fix anything core if it breaks. The community has no clue if there will be anything added or implemented in the future.

So I've thought of an idea that will benefit the SAES server, the SAES Development team , and the community

^[alt text]
^[The ability to choose where your donation goes]
We should have the ability to select where our donation goes, because right now it only goes to keeping the server up. But i'm sure over the past 10 years the server has collected more than enough money to keep the server running.

We should have the ability to donate to our server owner.

And we should also have the ability to donate to our developer team.

alt text
Suggestion Bounty
When we select the option to donate to the developer team, it should give us an option on which ACCEPTED suggestion we'd like to pledge too,and our donation amount would go next to the suggestion with an X amount raised tag on it, this way the suggestions that raise the most money, will give the developer the most motivation to script it, so they could get the prize

This is a small idea I came up with over quarantine, I don't think it'll be implemented in SAES, but it was worth a try!

2 answers to this question

Trouble with this suggestion is that you are changing it from a donation to "paying for a service".

With the way people complain in this day and age, can you imagine what it will be like if someone donated to get something added/scripted for the server and it didn't turn out the way they envisioned?

Great idea but I don't see it working.

We do have things planned (core fixes and additional content) and will be looking to adding to our dev team but it's a balance between trusting people not to leak our latest core on the internet and have the necessary skills not to script something that brings the server to its knees due to unoptimised code (which we've seen first hand).

@Brophy said in Choosing where your donation goes [FORUM]:

Trouble with this suggestion is that you are changing it from a donation to "paying for a service".

With the way people complain in this day and age, can you imagine what it will be like if someone donated to get something added scripted for the server and it didn't turn out the way they envisioned?

Great idea but I don't see it working.

We do have things planned (core fixes and additional content) and will be looking to adding to our dev team but it's a balance between trusting people no to leak our latest core on the internet and have the necessary skills not to script somehting that brings the server to its knees due to unoptimised code (which we've seen first hand).

.> _ >
filex
< _ <